C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Nobody cares, but just a proud little moment for me.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by Derspeed
It was not my intention to give you a lesson in charity.
I just want you to know that I didn't take it that way. My last post wasn't necessarily directed towards you in defense of anything. I simply meant for it to be a general statement about how I feel.

And you're right, everyone -- even the homeless -- already knows how to fish. It's just that only some are willing/able to get up and go do it. And tomorrow's tomorrow. You're right.

And I've done my fair share of work at various homeless shelters around the bay area. Most of the hours were spent at the Richmond shelter. But even that, I don't think is the most efficient means of aid. Grandmas and retirees would be great fits for service in such a job, but I believe (I hope!) that I can use my skills and relative youth to help in other, more effective ways. Yet regrettably, that is not to say that I am making any sort of effort to help. So, circling back, perhaps I should go volunteer at a shelter. mea culpa?