C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

REMUS W204 C350/300 - In stock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
^+1 Pics. Brabus just relabled. Happens all the time. I'll bet Brabus had a nice markup too.

Last edited by Derspeed; 03-28-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
na
You can see all of the exhausts we manufacture for other companies here :
http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/why-remus-i-6.html
Old 03-29-2008, 02:10 PM

CLS63
Originally Posted by tron
just got my Brabus quad tip exhaust fitted today.... when i saw the actual product, i was thinkin it looked strikingly similar to wat Remus would do.... when during the actual install i saw in the packaging a certificate from REMUS....

obviously brabus commissioned Remus to manufacture their aftermarket exhausts and it was a simple matter of changing the tips to a "brabus" branded set... and sell it under the brand name of Brabus.

everything else except the tips are exactly the same... but the price for the remus are more reasonable if u ask me... oh well. sigh...

PLEASE post pix. How much trimming did you have to do to the lower bumper piece ????????
Old 03-29-2008, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hope he didn't have to trim anything. It would be a poorly designed "bolt-on" system that would require that.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Banned

na
There is no way you can fit a quad exhaust without trimming the bumper on the C350 unless you use ridiculously small tips (less than 2.99"/76mm).
Old 03-30-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'll stick with the single outlet tips then. I have seen the VW sport exhaust (Remus) with smaller dual tips that fit in the factory opening. Thought it looked good.

Last edited by Derspeed; 03-30-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:11 PM

Alfa Romeo 156 GTA
ok i will post some pics soon.

my ride is the C200 with Amg sports pack... wat i know is that the Brabus set should come with the Brabus rear diffuser and is supposed to fit onto the standard AVantgarde bumper. The brabus rear diffuser does not fit onto the AMG sports bumper.

the irritating thing is that when i was at the local dealer deciding on the brabus set, i specifically asked if they had the C-class V6 rear lower bumper piece and they said it would not fit onto my ride...

so i decided to take the risk and get the installer to cut-out my lower bumper piece... but after the installer made a cut out it was freaking ugly...

but after checking out the bumper fitment, i called the same brabus dealer and asked if they could send over the V6 rear lower bumper they have in stock. When they did, sure enough it fitted my sports pack bumper perfectly

Now i have ended up wit a wasted C200 rear lower bumper & an extra V6 rear lower bumper...

the brabus tips are a bit big for the V6 rear lower bumper but it just manages to pass in terms of looks.. One issue is tat the sports pack bumper is longer & it hides the brabus tips just only. I will post the pics... it shld be clear enough then.

tat is the reason why i am now desperately looking for the C63 rear diffuser. but from TUNEMAN's thread, it seems he is facing the same problem i am in trying to get the C63 diffuser from official/unofficial sources. MB seems to be putting a hold on C63 parts unless u have the chassis number of a C63...

tats my story so far...
Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 PM

Alfa Romeo 156 GTA
hmm... i have no issue with the REMUS brand and their products itself. The pricing in my country for Remus products is quite reasonable too..

BUT heres my gripe, when it comes to the OEM products made by Remus, the pricing can be quite ridiculous.

i dunno, but once the price hits close to ridiculous i am the type of person tat will look at the finish of the welding & whether the material is made from full stainless steel throughout. Whether it is mandrel bent or cutouts used to join or weld the sections... all these matter to me.

That was why i was quite disappointed wit the brabus set... but well, i dun have much choice - besides the carlssons/kleeman which i have not seen the actual product, and the prices for those 2 are even more crazy than the brabus set. I tried searching japanese sites for W204 exhausts but came up naught so far...

i am kinda used to quality like these for example - this is the real deal and frankly it costs abt the same price as the Brabus set:

Old 03-31-2008, 06:12 AM
Banned

na
All REMUS products are manufactured from 304SS inside and out.
The tips are chrome plated 441 SS to prevent any corrosion damage and to keep a shinny finish.

All piping is mandrel bent and tig welded.

I believe you are mistaking "highly polished" for "high quality".
Old 03-31-2008, 11:34 AM

Alfa Romeo 156 GTA
nope... i know what u mean... but to me quality not only equals the MATERIAL USED but also = overall finish & of the final product - which in this case includes

1) how evenly the welding is finished off, my brabus set was quite unevenly welded at the seams...
2) the fit & finish of the product itself, - yes which includes the "polished" factor - and it makes me simply happier to see it tat shiny!
3) the overall fitment to the car without further modification,
4) the design of the product to enhance or improve certain aspects of the car - be it the engine note, throttle response, power and torque OR a combination of the aforesaid.

my other gripe on the brabus set is tat 2 short connectors (or precut pieces of pipe) are used to connect the centre exhaust section to the 2 rear silencers with 4 O-ring fasteners (is tat the correct word to describe them?).

to me this is kinda crude way to connect the rear silencers to the centre section - the only benefit i felt was tat it certainly lent some level of adjustability to "extend" ur rear silencers further out by a bit or further in...

the gasket type exhausts does not allow for adjustments... it either fit OR it does not fit at all. of course tat is not a prerequisite for quality... but it sure showcases the manufacturer's ability to make exhausts tat fit near perfection!

well im sorry, maybe at this price range i was previously spoilt by wat i got, but all i can say is one man's meat is another's poison!

i was simply desperate enough after searching for months to swallow the poison my bad!

ok i will be considerate and not hijack ur thread anymore - and i do mean it witout any sarcasm.

like i said mentioned before, if i had only 2 choices now... i would choose REMUS over brabus... its much cheaper and exact same quality as the Brabus set...

cheers!

Last edited by tron; 03-31-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Banned

na
:thumbsup:

Post pictures by the way
Old 03-31-2008, 02:30 PM

CLS63
Originally Posted by REMUS
Post pictures by the way
+1
Old 04-01-2008, 05:39 AM

Alfa Romeo 156 GTA
here are some pics as promised... didnt have time to pose the car etc for some stylish shots...

took it wit a lousy camera phone.. so far very basic mods done:

- resprayed the front grille myself... and im quite proud of the fact tat i managed to do it. haha
- changed all bulbs to white myself... will take pics at night... i feel it looks great wit the lights on
- brabus exhaust as mentioned + the lower rear section from V6 w204.
- today removed centre cat... throttle response is much better

on the way: K&N airfilter from the states... in the USA its costs less than half the price of the retail price in my country - even incl airfreight..!

on the way: lamin-ex tint film for front and rear lights... i got a very strong doubt abt the shipment tho... if i get no news within the next few days of it arriving at my US postal address i will get my credit card co. to stop the payment...

i will post more as i do more stuff but not in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails REMUS W204 C350/300 - In stock-front-1.jpg   REMUS W204 C350/300 - In stock-front-2.jpg   REMUS W204 C350/300 - In stock-picture-005.jpg   REMUS W204 C350/300 - In stock-picture-009.jpg   REMUS W204 C350/300 - In stock-rear-1.jpg  

REMUS W204 C350/300 - In stock-picture-020.jpg  
Old 04-01-2008, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300 SPORT (white)
here are some pics as promised... didnt have time to pose the car etc for some stylish shots...

- resprayed the front grille myself... and im quite proud of the fact tat i managed to do it. haha
- changed all bulbs to white myself... will take pics at night... i feel it looks great wit the lights on

on the way: K&N airfilter from the states... in the USA its costs less than half the price of the retail price in my country - even incl airfreight..!

on the way: lamin-ex tint film for front and rear lights... i got a very strong doubt abt the shipment tho... if i get no news within the next few days of it arriving at my US postal address i will get my credit card co. to stop the payment...

where u live at, if u dont mind me asking?? im in germany, tryin to find a good tuning shop that can do the work on my c300, as far as removing the cat, and adding a upgraded exhaust
Old 04-01-2008, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmm...dual tips and they fit in the stock valence. It looks great. I want that set up.

Tron, did you have to cut the OE exhaust? I was under my car a little yesterday and it appears to assemble like the Remus. I couldn't get under it far enough to tell.

Hey Remus guy, can we this style?

Last edited by Derspeed; 04-01-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Banned

na
The exhaust is a clamp-on/weld-on job.
Yes that setup can be made, however as stated before we need 10 pre-paid orders and it's a 8 to 16 weeks waiting period.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
I'd be interested in a "oval" quad tip similar to the OEM version. Do you have pictures of the Remus quad tips? I'm considering the C63 diffuser, so I'll need to fill the larger openings.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Banned

na
The QUAD tips would be a special order, thus we don't have any pictures at the moment.

We have many different styles to choose from :

Old 04-01-2008, 06:22 PM

Saks C350

Looks great, please post sound clip.

@REMUS were you guys able to fit yours on W204 yet? Would like to hear how it sounds. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:37 PM

Alfa Romeo 156 GTA
i live in singapore... im sure in germany u'd have seriously qualified workshops tat can tune up ur merc in any manner u like.

the problem wit the OE exhaust is that from the HEADER right to the REAR silencer it comes in 2 pieces ONLY... tat means if u want to remove the centre cat or for that matter the rear silencer it is a very very long piece. basically for my car the OE exhaust is in 2 pieces asf:

1) HEADER + header CAT + CENTRE CAT.
2) CENTRE BOX + REAR SILENCER.

in other words the only way to remove the centre cat is to cut it out since it is welded together with the HEADER...
Old 04-01-2008, 11:47 PM

Alfa Romeo 156 GTA
Originally Posted by Derspeed
Hmm...dual tips and they fit in the stock valence. It looks great. I want that set up.

Tron, did you have to cut the OE exhaust? I was under my car a little yesterday and it appears to assemble like the Remus. I couldn't get under it far enough to tell.

Hey Remus guy, can we this style?
the brabus exhaust INCLUDES the centre box + 2 x silencers... the REMUS guy did not post a picture of that CENTRE BOX which is maybe why there is a little confusion. The bolt on connection shld be in this manner:

1) Header + header Cat + Centre Cat - BOLT ONTO - 2) Brabus Centre box + 2 x Rear silencers.

does this help u?

@remus - am i right to say tat ur Remus exhausts comes with the bolt on Centre box?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the brabus exhaust INCLUDES the centre box + 2 x silencers... the REMUS guy did not post a picture of that CENTRE BOX which is maybe why there is a little confusion. The bolt on connection shld be in this manner:

1) Header + header Cat + Centre Cat - BOLT ONTO - 2) Brabus Centre box + 2 x Rear silencers.

does this help u?

@remus - am i right to say tat ur Remus exhausts comes with the bolt on Centre box?
Yes, I noticed your center resonator or box. It makes sense now. Thanks. It looks really good.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Banned

na
The REMUS exhaust does not come with the centre box/resonator.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Banned

na
We are now shipping directly to Canada.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Banned

na
to the top, this is in stock and ready to go!

Contact us via PM for a better deal as we are looking for a demo car.

Kind regards,
Mathieu

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: REMUS W204 C350/300 - In stock