C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

oh well... i guess it's sooner or later... where to get side mirror replacement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Palladium Silver C300 MM
oh well... i guess it's sooner or later... where to get side mirror replacement?

Hi all,

Long story short, I was driving on highway and out of no where, a piece of plywood board flew towards me. I was unable to get out of the way. It hit and scratched the front bumper, pushed the lamps in a few inches (glad it didnt break), and severed the left side rear view mirror.

My personal emotional healing process is in progress now. Looks like the most damage is done on the side mirror. Before calling up dealer and get some heartattack quotes, i was wondering if you know of any OEM part websites where I might get the replacement? I checked oempartsdirect.com but didn't see any.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JT
Old 03-22-2008, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
I cannot offer any help in terms of where to get parts. But let me be the first to offer my condolences. I deeply feel your loss.

Glass half-full perspective: Thank God (whichever one your believe) that the plywood board didn't fly into your windshield, causing possibly more damage and a more dangerous situation for you.

Glad to hear that the only thing hurt is your car.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:24 PM

'08C300 White w P2,MM,Pano
Originally Posted by narky
Glass half-full perspective: Thank God (whichever one your believe) that the plywood board didn't fly into your windshield, causing possibly more damage and a more dangerous situation for you.
I concur,I am really sorry to hear about your car. I dont know of any sites that have w204 parts as yet. I'll definitly look around, but is it possible for your insurance to cover this? b/c i can just imagine how much these parts are going to cost. I recommend that you just check ebay from time to time, i saw a left side head lamp on there last week.

Best of luck, and keep us posted!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
just a note

the side view glass for the mirrors costs $800 alone! I have to replace one due to a crack! ugh!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:42 PM

Palladium Silver C300 MM
Thanks for the kind words.
Indeed it can always be worse!

On the lighter side, after i pulled over, inspect the car, and restart the engine, I actually got an error message on the dispaly saying something like "Side Mirror Signal Not Functioning".... I was like, no sh*t, there is no side mirror... at least the computer knows something is wrong!

I am just going to claim this through my comprehensive insurance coverage (which includes "falling objects") with $500 deductible. I think it's safe to say that the total repair will be a couple grand.

I am now looking forward to saving some major dollars by filling up the "regular" instead of the premium grade gas on the rental ...hahaha