C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C220 cdi fuel consumption

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C220cdi
Originally Posted by d198208
sometimes when engine is at idle it tends to hunt if its running out of fuel and also some black smoke from the exhaust
That's definitely not right. My C220CDI is the cleanest diesel I've ever driven smoke-wise. Coupled with the idle problem I'd say a visit to the dealer was in order. Please keep us posted.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:18 PM

'10 E 220 CDI Avantgarde, '93 Kia Concord 1.8 GXi
I think I hit 5.4L/100km on a 3-4 hour stretch @ an avg. speed of 60-70km/h. As I break-in the car, I think I can make 4.9L/100km.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 PM

C220CDI SPORT
C220 CDI SPORT AUTO TIPTRONIC

Good Evening guys,

I have just recently bought an 2009 C220, and i absolutely love it. Driving it at a sensible speed 70mph'ish i have managed to cover some serious milage.

From one single tank i managed to drive from my home town of Hull, uk. All the way to bradford, from bradford to doncaster, from doncaster to london, from london to doncaster back to bradford, then back home to hull.

Ok, so the car was begging for fuel but i have never managed to get this sort of fuel consumption from any other diesal i have driven, and i when i say london i mean in the middle of the place so innercity driving/ motorway driving.

I hope this gives you an indication on what sort of fuel economy you can get if you drive attentively.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Congratulations on your excellent choice of motor vehicle. The good news is that the later C 250CDI's models do an even better fuel economy.

You haven't mentioned how comfortable the seats are, the balance between handling & ride & the enormous amount of torque from a <2.2 litre engine ?

John
Old 11-21-2012, 03:56 PM

C220CDI SPORT
Originally Posted by Carsy
Congratulations on your excellent choice of motor vehicle. The good news is that the later C 250CDI's models do an even better fuel economy.

You haven't mentioned how comfortable the seats are, the balance between handling & ride & the enormous amount of torque from a <2.2 litre engine ?

John

Good Evening John,

The seats are brilliant, they truly hug you, they come with lumbar support which is fantastic.

The handling is truly amazing, you can really put the car into corners and it sticks like glue. My only concern is it's my first rear wheel drive car, so i am a little worried about the back end wandering.

The car is a sport edition of the c class, and as a result has a firmer ride due to the sports suspension, but in all honesty it glides over bumps.

As for the power, theres enough power to never need to use kickdown. The accelerator is very responsive. Although my only negative, is the fact that when your driving in stop start traffic, it feels like the gear box does not really know what gear it should put the car into. When your doing low speeds you can really feel the kick before the gear changes up but when your putting the power on you hardly feel the gear change. Usually in stop start traffic i put it in manual and use the flappy paddle gears. Its always in Comfort mode and it deliveries brilliant power, i have never needed to use the Sports mode setting.

There is ample room in the back, i have a little boy so his car seat fits in perfectly along with other passengers, although middle seat is a no go unless you are small as the gear box takes rather alot of room.

Its the only car though, where i always need to have the fan blowing otherwise it steams up.

All in all, the best car i have ever driven to date!!