C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

my c350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 4MATIC Premium Package Obsidian Black
my c350

well as many of you already know i have picked up my car yesterday. i finally got a chance to drive it last night. i must say off the 60 km i have put on it so far i am impressed. now let me tell you about what i have noticed, things that i have read on here that i can confirm (based on my own car and limited experience) and what does not effect me.

lets start with the seats. i chose to go with mbtex since the car was a lease. my sales guy also told me that the mb tex is more durable and easier to keep clean. the seats to ME seem a little stiff. this does not cause any pain on my back nor does it cause any irritation. i do admit that they could be a little more plush and comfy.

engine temprature - engine does seem to run a bit hot. my car is running at well over 80 in some cases around 94-95. i do not know if this is normal since i have never owned a mercedes. however if i were to compare it to my fathers e500 4matic it does seem to be running hotter than that. i remember someone complaining about this before. if anyone has some insight on this i would gladly take your info.

breaking the car in - when i picked the car up MB went over the functions and tech stuff that they do with every customer. i asked the sales man if there was any issues with pushing the car or driving in s mode. his answer was its fine. ACCORDING TO HIM the engines are tested for miles before they are put into our cars. Once again i am only relaying info that he gave me. i am not disputing what some of you have reccomended just letting you all know what was shared with me.

another thing that i did notice is after i drove the car around last night, there was a strange smell coming from the brakes or the engine. is this purely the fact that the car is new???

from time to time i will repost on things i like about the car and things i dont. i know some of you have complained about the nav not being user friendly. its still to early for me to tell since i have not fully used it to its capacity. can the nave take voice commands?

another thing i noticed is with the bluetooth. my blackberry sinks no problem with the car. however i live in a condo and i noticed that when i walked away from the car and went to my place the phone was still linked. this is more an irritation thing than a problem. there should be a limited amount of space before the phone unlinks.

hope some of you find this info helpful
Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
I was told years ago, the strange smell is a protective coating or paint that is burning off of certain engine parts and/or fasteners. My Passat did it and it eventually went away. Enjoy it. It's part of that new car experience. My garage still smells like new tires. I love it. It's almost as good as that new girlfriend smell.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Derspeed
I was told years ago, the strange smell is a protective coating or paint that is burning off of certain engine parts and/or fasteners. My Passat did it and it eventually went away. Enjoy it. It's part of that new car experience. My garage still smells like new tires. I love it. It's almost as good as that new girlfriend smell.
hahaha thats aswesome! i do appreciate the info on this. i have to admit i was a little worried because my GF was the one that pointed it out to me. at first i thought that she was joking since she is bothered by anything that has smell. but then after a while i too started to notice it. i am sure that it will go away.

does any one know anything about the temperatrue
Old 04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
the strange smell is because of all of that and oil, etc that is just having the excess burnt off. it is normal and will go away quickly.

the engine temp is also normal, mine runs consistently at 90C. it looks high because the engine gauge has 80 as the middle, but it is completely normal. you're right there was a thread on it several months ago.

congrats on the 350...enjoy
Old 04-16-2008, 03:56 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
08 C300
as for engine temp, my c300 is at 90~95 as well. and from eveyone else, this temp sounds normal. altho, i kinda don't like it that way.

congrats and gl with your new car.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex
the strange smell is because of all of that and oil, etc that is just having the excess burnt off. it is normal and will go away quickly.

the engine temp is also normal, mine runs consistently at 90C. it looks high because the engine gauge has 80 as the middle, but it is completely normal. you're right there was a thread on it several months ago.

congrats on the 350...enjoy
thanks for the confirmation. i guess visually it looked like it was off.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:11 PM

hey man congrats again on getting yr car man...i have the same issue with my c350 4matic n i called up mb n they told me its normal...as the wheather gets warmer..its gonna go as high as 100 degrees he told me..so dn't worry about it. i tried ripping my car for the first time a few days ago...and after that i noticed my center console under the gear shift was getting really hot..like nearly burning hot..i still yet have to get that checked out..anyone else out there experiencing this?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:22 PM

Waiting for W204 Facelift
Originally Posted by white46
as for engine temp, my c300 is at 90~95 as well.
Where from do you check /see /control engine temp.

and any measurement degree to send SERVICE
Old 04-16-2008, 05:31 PM

2005 Clk 500 Coupe
hahahahahha... new girlfriend smell
Old 04-16-2008, 05:57 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
08 C300
Originally Posted by ismeto
Where from do you check /see /control engine temp.

and any measurement degree to send SERVICE
to be more specific, it's engine coolant temp.

it's #20 from below link.
http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars...en/N112B7.html
Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by havoq
hey man congrats again on getting yr car man...i have the same issue with my c350 4matic n i called up mb n they told me its normal...as the wheather gets warmer..its gonna go as high as 100 degrees he told me..so dn't worry about it. i tried ripping my car for the first time a few days ago...and after that i noticed my center console under the gear shift was getting really hot..like nearly burning hot..i still yet have to get that checked out..anyone else out there experiencing this?
thanks bro. i feel like i have finally joined the club. i even went as far as changing my profile from 04 TL to c350 hahaha. not quite sure about the heat that you are feeling. still to new for me to notice that stuff.

one thing that i want to report was about my breaks. today when i was in the underground i did notice a little squeek coming from the rear wheels. i know that some of you have complained about this before. i believe that the c350 has some sort or break assist. could this potentially be responsible for the squeek? i have been meaning to ask MB about this but some of you may already have the answer. a while back there was a thread started so i do know how to search. however i do not remember seeing anyone confirm if this could be the potential cause.

Havoq - hope to see you around