C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Should I go loaded or Basic...Options...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
I got mine fully loaded and I wouldnt of got the car without all the options.

ESPECIALLY the pano roof.

i got my car in white.
and if i couldnt get pano roof..i wouldn of gotten the car.
it makes the whole difference for me.

18'' mags are a must..especially for the c300.. the stock 350 rims are ddecent.

the pop up screen with multimedia is amazing, you will regret not getting it.

the xenon lights aand led tail lights with the p2 make the car more classy and rich.

to me ... mercedes needs xenons or else it will just have cheap *** lights like a jap or american car.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
dont you love threads like this...we've confused him even more lol!
Old 04-18-2008, 12:38 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
I think he ends up picking a BMW 3...
Old 04-18-2008, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport
I'd get the P2 and MM. Since you had xenons before on your lexus, it's going to be night and day difference driving a car without it and you might regret it. Although you can always add a aftermarket HID kit though, I like to stick with OEM when it comes to lighting.

In my opinion, pano isn't a must have. I had it in my old car and like someone said its great for the passengers but after awhile it loses it's cool factor. Wheels you can always add on later.

Last edited by jo17jC230; 04-18-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
If you're still negotiating. Ask the dealership if they participate in the Costco auto purchase partnership. If not, I'd seriously think about finding one that did. In my case (just purchased yesterday) I got it for $400 above invoice. That's about 3000 less than MSRP. You could then either pocket the extra cash or turn the savings around into adding the features you want without sacrificing options due to budget.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
If you're still negotiating. Ask the dealership if they participate in the Costco auto purchase partnership. If not, I'd seriously think about finding one that did. In my case (just purchased yesterday) I got it for $400 above invoice. That's about 3000 less than MSRP. You could then either pocket the extra cash or turn the savings around into adding the features you want without sacrificing options due to budget.
They tell me Costco only saves $1000 or something on the C-Class, so I think you got additional off too.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:15 PM

Waiting for W204 Facelift
Originally Posted by Devastator187
Pano, i don't care too much for, it's only cool for the back passengers.
+1

and pano is greater for coupe (mine) than sedan
Old 04-18-2008, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
I got the 18" AMG option because I think it looks badass and because I knew if I didn't get it with the car, it would take me another 10 million years to get around to buying some nice rims. I thought stock 17" wheels on C300/C350 both looked wack. Sorry. But the 18"s are not as much of a steal as everyone makes it out to be. Yes, it's only $1,000 more to add the option. But with the addition of the AMGs, you lose your stock wheel set that you could've kept as a spare set or have sold to offset the cost of a new different (non-MB?) set of wheels. I'd think you should get the AMG 18" option only if you really like the design of the wheel.

I got the pano roof for similar reasons. I think it simply makes the car, and to say that I bought this car just so I could have the pano roof is only a slight exaggeration. But I rarely if ever use the sunroof (too loud when open), and it doesn't do as good a job of blocking the sun as a normal solid roof would. It is a show-stopper, though, especially with rear passengers. I don't think that's ever going to get old. Everyone who sits in the back comments on how much "freer" they feel. The option also adds to the resale value down the road, I think. With used cars, most people tend to make judgments based on outward appearances (no?), and a black roof (you can tout it as a special, limited edition, perhaps?) could be a deal-cincher. I plan on keeping the car indefinitely, however, so the resale value argument wasn't too pertinent for me.

I really can't comment on PI and PII, because I didn't want those options on matters of principle. I hated the idea that M-B wouldn't let me pick and choose individual options. Call me a bigoted *sshole. I still ended up getting PI, but only because it was already equipped on a car that my dealer was able to ****** for me. But I will never use heated seats! Come on, I'm in California. I do wish I had the bi-xenon lights though. Even though I plan on adding a HID kit (DDM kit?) as other members have, it won't be as nice and neat as the OEM bi-xenons. Boo hoo. I would've ordered it if I could have gotten it separately. I don't think the lights option would affect the resale value too much, but it definitely looks much nicer.

The one option I truly regret not getting is the MM option. I cannot believe I was too cheap to pay for it. That was the only reason -- I didn't wanna pay $3500 for the navigation. And now, I see visions of the MM screen automatically sliding out and up whenever I look at my closed stock stereo. Don't make the same mistake. It sucks. Who cares about the functionality? I hear the navi sucks anyway. But I think the cool factor alone justifies the hefty price tag. Maybe that's just me... I try to console myself by imagining how I'll hardwire a Garmin Nuvi myself and how cool it would be... but no, it's going to look cheap and look like crap. Nothing like OEM navi.

I got MB-Tex because I wanted durability (again, keeping the car indefinitely). Missed the new leather smell for about a day, and have been ecstatic about the quality of MB-Tex since (it is INDESTRUCTIBLE).

Having said all that, I gotta say everything is going to be a personal decision. You gotta get what you think you'll like and use. I got the options that I thought would make the car look nice and last a long time, and I'm happy about those. But I went cheap on the gadgets (iPod, MM, xenon), and sorta regret the decision. Hope that helps.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by narky
I got the 18" AMG option because I think it looks badass and because I knew if I didn't get it with the car, it would take me another 10 million years to get around to buying some nice rims. I thought stock 17" wheels on C300/C350 both looked wack. Sorry. But the 18"s are not as much of a steal as everyone makes it out to be. Yes, it's only $1,000 more to add the option. But with the addition of the AMGs, you lose your stock wheel set that you could've kept as a spare set or have sold to offset the cost of a new different (non-MB?) set of wheels. I'd think you should get the AMG 18" option only if you really like the design of the wheel.

I got the pano roof for similar reasons. I think it simply makes the car, and to say that I bought this car just so I could have the pano roof is only a slight exaggeration. But I rarely if ever use the sunroof (too loud when open), and it doesn't do as good a job of blocking the sun as a normal solid roof would. It is a show-stopper, though, especially with rear passengers. I don't think that's ever going to get old. Everyone who sits in the back comments on how much "freer" they feel. The option also adds to the resale value down the road, I think. With used cars, most people tend to make judgments based on outward appearances (no?), and a black roof (you can tout it as a special, limited edition, perhaps?) could be a deal-cincher. I plan on keeping the car indefinitely, however, so the resale value argument wasn't too pertinent for me.

I really can't comment on PI and PII, because I didn't want those options on matters of principle. I hated the idea that M-B wouldn't let me pick and choose individual options. Call me a bigoted *sshole. I still ended up getting PI, but only because it was already equipped on a car that my dealer was able to ****** for me. But I will never use heated seats! Come on, I'm in California. I do wish I had the bi-xenon lights though. Even though I plan on adding a HID kit (DDM kit?) as other members have, it won't be as nice and neat as the OEM bi-xenons. Boo hoo. I would've ordered it if I could have gotten it separately. I don't think the lights option would affect the resale value too much, but it definitely looks much nicer.

The one option I truly regret not getting is the MM option. I cannot believe I was too cheap to pay for it. That was the only reason -- I didn't wanna pay $3500 for the navigation. And now, I see visions of the MM screen automatically sliding out and up whenever I look at my closed stock stereo. Don't make the same mistake. It sucks. Who cares about the functionality? I hear the navi sucks anyway. But I think the cool factor alone justifies the hefty price tag. Maybe that's just me... I try to console myself by imagining how I'll hardwire a Garmin Nuvi myself and how cool it would be... but no, it's going to look cheap and look like crap. Nothing like OEM navi.

I got MB-Tex because I wanted durability (again, keeping the car indefinitely). Missed the new leather smell for about a day, and have been ecstatic about the quality of MB-Tex since (it is INDESTRUCTIBLE).

Having said all that, I gotta say everything is going to be a personal decision. You gotta get what you think you'll like and use. I got the options that I thought would make the car look nice and last a long time, and I'm happy about those. But I went cheap on the gadgets (iPod, MM, xenon), and sorta regret the decision. Hope that helps.
shortly you got 18 AMG C63 Alloy Wheel voooowwwww
Old 04-18-2008, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by mac911
They tell me Costco only saves $1000 or something on the C-Class, so I think you got additional off too.
I believe it varies from dealer to dealer. The dealership I went to told me that the extra above invoice was just to cover the advertisement fee or some other BS line. Still, before I even brought up Costco, they weren't really budging from MSRP much. Try shopping around other dealerships. If you can get a different rate, see if your dealership will pricematch it.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Couple side notes here. The 18'' AMG wheel package (for rear drive C300 Sport and C350) is a steal, no other way to put it. I personally spent more than $1000 on tires alone for an ML, try buying 4 18'' alloy wheels plus tires for $1000!

Xenon lights is a tricky one. I had them on my ML and thought I would surely miss them on my C, the short of it is I miss the added safety but didn't miss the price. They were only a $900 option on my ML at the time (they have since been incorportated into an expensive p2 package) but just as with the new ML the C sticks the Xenon lights into a package with a bunch of other worthless items and charges you an arm and leg. I'm with the other poster and wish they would go back to letting customers chose which options they want instead of making them take them in a lump package with a lump sum. By the way...having the Xenons didn't do anything for the resale value of the car when I traded it in. Most dealers go by Kelly Blue Book and Xenons isn't listed on their option sheet, so it makes no difference in the final price of the vehicle.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

For the one who said you'd never use heated seats in California, not true!

I used them all winter off and on. It feels good, when it is a bit chilly out. It's a bit therapeutic. Not about being cold and desperately needing it, but it feels really good.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:59 PM

c200-amg
Because of my bussines I'm driving around 100.000 Km/year all around Europe (by the way, I`m German). Therefore, I have to change my cars very often. I owned almost all kind of cars from different classes.

If you do not want to have problem and just need a car buy a japanies car.
Infinity is a Nissan and Lexus is a Toyota, what they can give you?

If you like to have American crap stay with caddy but german cars are different. (Crap because you have the possibility to buy Benz, BMW or AUDI lower than half price of Europe customers.) I just bought a c200K AMG and I paid 55.000 Euro.Just thing the Euro/Dolar ex change rate and find out. Ok the car is full but still the price is almost double of c350 sporty P2 in America

So, my oppinion....

Luxury, komfort and status come with Benz. (my car is supercharged and it is laud over 180 Km/hour)

Performance, handling and sporty feelings; all in BMW but limited comfort.

Audi is mix of BMW and Benz. But still in Europe Audi can not be real competition for these 2 brands. May be RS8 but for us this car is unpayable... over 150.000 Euro

Anyway, shortly cadillac cts having the same base of Opel Vectra. It is a crap car against Benz. Your wife is right to want a Benz. Handling of new w204 with parameter steeribg wheel is much softer than any other car on the market. You are w204 driver, you should know that.....

Whatever your decision will be, hope your wife going to be happy.

Note: I`m just writing hear because i could not sleep and i felt bored. It`s good opportunity to kill time
Old 04-20-2008, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

For the one who said you'd never use heated seats in California, not true!
True for me! I hate heat of all kinds, and I don't get cold. I don't even wear a jacket unless it's under 40 degrees (Fahrenheit).

Even so, I must confess that I've used it a few times recently. But only because another member said it helps form the seat's shape! Still trying to find a comfortable seat position...
Old 04-20-2008, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

True for me! I hate heat of all kinds, and I don't get cold. I don't even wear a jacket unless it's under 40 degrees (Fahrenheit).

Even so, I must confess that I've used it a few times recently. But only because another member said it helps form the seat's shape! Still trying to find a comfortable seat position...
I don't wear jackets either. I get really hot all the time, but for some reason I don't mind the heated seats a bit. ha-ha.

We probably need cool seats!!! ha-ha Well I know some cars have vented ones, but we need refrigeration ones.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We probably need cool seats!!! ha-ha Well I know some cars have vented ones, but we need refrigeration ones.
+1 !!! Lexus has it, why not M-B?
Old 04-20-2008, 04:59 AM

C220CDI

For those of you who don't mind being cold, heated seats are great! I am hoping that with heated seats, my wife will feel warm and not turn the heater up to 25 degrees celsius, so I stay cooler and can drive safer.

Makes sense?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by meridyenas
Because of my bussines I'm driving around 100.000 Km/year all around Europe (by the way, I`m German). Therefore, I have to change my cars very often. I owned almost all kind of cars from different classes.

If you do not want to have problem and just need a car buy a japanies car.
Infinity is a Nissan and Lexus is a Toyota, what they can give you?

If you like to have American crap stay with caddy but german cars are different. (Crap because you have the possibility to buy Benz, BMW or AUDI lower than half price of Europe customers.) I just bought a c200K AMG and I paid 55.000 Euro.Just thing the Euro/Dolar ex change rate and find out. Ok the car is full but still the price is almost double of c350 sporty P2 in America

So, my oppinion....

Luxury, komfort and status come with Benz. (my car is supercharged and it is laud over 180 Km/hour)

Performance, handling and sporty feelings; all in BMW but limited comfort.

Audi is mix of BMW and Benz. But still in Europe Audi can not be real competition for these 2 brands. May be RS8 but for us this car is unpayable... over 150.000 Euro

Anyway, shortly cadillac cts having the same base of Opel Vectra. It is a crap car against Benz. Your wife is right to want a Benz. Handling of new w204 with parameter steeribg wheel is much softer than any other car on the market. You are w204 driver, you should know that.....

Whatever your decision will be, hope your wife going to be happy.

Note: I`m just writing hear because i could not sleep and i felt bored. It`s good opportunity to kill time
nice info German

and welcome (I am near you European )

I use kompressor like you yes in high speed it is loud and boring

but good choise C 200 AMG
Old 04-20-2008, 02:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
how?

Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
Get European delivery, and you can get every single option nearly for free.

how does this work, other than the 7% ED discount? Bist Du echt in UT?
Old 04-20-2008, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by melbourne tim
Makes sense?
Perfectly. You're right!