C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Love my C350...a few rants

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Palladium Silver
Love my C350...but a few rants

It's been 3 months now and it's time for a report card (some minor rants but still had to be said).

1)There's no repeat function on the CD player. Even the Civics have the Repeat function.
2)There's no single disc selection on the CD player. If I do not select another track before the last song is finished, it'll load to the next CD. The disc load time is too slow compared to those aftermarket changers ie. Alpine.
3)The sound coming from the $800 option Ipod integration kit sounds noticeably poor quality in comparison to the CD, even with the optional amplifier installed. At $800, I expect better results.
4)The ipod songs only shows in the instrument cluster. Once again, at $800, it should display on the same center mounted Audio display so everybody else in the cabin can view the song. Furthermore, the ipod can't be controlled by the knob. Disappointing.
5)The business holder in the glove compartment is built too small to hold my standard business cards.
6)The instrument readout doesn't go back to the last menu that I viewed just before I turn off the ignition. It defaults to the Trip menu everytime I start the car. I would have to scroll to the Audio menu.
7)The bluetooth ring tone is too loud. I would turn it down as soon as the phone rings but it'll go back to the defaulted loud volume on the next call. Took it to the dealer this week, it couldn't be adjusted. Disappointing.
8)The shopping bag hooks in the trunk barely have any clearance to slide the plastic bag through. Also, it could break quick easily.
9)Brake dust occur quite often so the AMG rims need to be washed more regularly.
10)Not a fan of the cornering lights. From the outside, it looks like I have one burnt out fog light while I'm at the stop light with my left blinker on with only one fog light that is lit. I would have to turn the fog lights on fulltime (during the night, of course). Or better yet, it would be nice to have both lights be auto-on when I'm turning then auto-off afterwards. At least, it would look like all of my electronics are working.
11)Had to bring in my C350 within 2 months to service the sunroof. It wouldn't auto-express close. It would stutter close incrementally. The dealership spent 2 days on it and they had to pulled out the panel. Only to finally troubleshoot the problem by resetting the software. Keep this in mind if you have similar sunroof problems. I hate having new cars be pulled apart so soon.
12)The rain-sensing wipers aren't very effective. There would be a sheet of rain on the windshield and it wouldn't wipe...even at the increased sensitivity setting. Sometimes, I just manually wipe it or turn the dial to wipe continuously. Not worth it to wait for the wipers to auto-start. Safety comes first.

Nonetheless, this is an absolute delight and a pleasure to drive. Love the smooth 7G-Tronic transmission, this is the best looking sedan on the road, classy, elegant and sporty. Love the knob control. A lot easier to use than the i-drive. Without a doubt, I would recommend this car with the 268hp engine to anybody. Buy it and you'll never look back.

Other C owners, please post your rants/raves.

Last edited by C350Silver; 05-11-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for W204 Facelift
Originally Posted by C350Silver
It's been 3 months now and it's time for a report card (some minor rants but still had to be said).

1)There's no repeat function on the CD player. Even the Civics have the Repeat function.
2)There's no single disc selection on the CD player. If I do not select another track before the last song is finished, it'll load to the next CD. The disc load time is too slow compared to those aftermarket changers ie. Alpine.
3)The sound coming from the $800 option Ipod integration kit sounds noticeably poor quality in comparison to the CD, even with the optional amplifier installed. At $800, I expect better results.
4)The ipod songs only shows in the instrument cluster. Once again, at $800, it should display on the same center mounted Audio display so everybody else in the cabin can view the song. Furthermore, the ipod can't be controlled by the knob. Disappointing.
5)The business holder in the glove compartment is built too small to hold my standard business cards.
6)The instrument readout doesn't go back to the last menu that I viewed just before I turn off the ignition. It defaults to the Trip menu everytime I start the car. I would have to scroll to the Audio menu.
7)The bluetooth ring tone is too loud. I would turn it down as soon as the phone rings but it'll go back to the defaulted loud volume on the next call. Took it to the dealer this week, it couldn't be adjusted. Disappointing.
8)The shopping bag hooks in the trunk barely have any clearance to slide the plastic bag through. Also, it could break quick easily.
9)Brake dust occur quite often so the AMG rims need to be washed more regularly.
10)Not a fan of the cornering lights. From the outside, it looks like I have one burnt out fog light while I'm at the stop light with my left blinker on with only one fog light that is lit. I would have to turn the fog lights on fulltime (during the night, of course). Or better yet, it would be nice to have both lights be auto-on when I'm turning then auto-off afterwards. At least, it would look like all of my electronics are working.
11)Had to bring in my C350 within 2 months to service the sunroof. It wouldn't auto-express close. It would stutter close incrementally. The dealership spent 2 days on it and they had to pulled out the panel. Only to finally troubleshoot the problem by resetting the software. Keep this in mind if you have similar sunroof problems. I hate having new cars be pulled apart so soon.
12)The rain-sensing wipers aren't very effective. There would be a sheet of rain on the windshield and it wouldn't wipe...even at the increased sensitivity setting. Sometimes, I just manually wipe it or turn the dial to wipe continuously. Not worth it to wait for the wipers to auto-start. Safety comes first.

Nonetheless, this is an absolute delight and a pleasure to drive. Love the smooth 7G-Tronic transmission, this is the best looking sedan on the road, classy, elegant and sporty. Love the knob control. A lot easier to use than the i-drive. Without a doubt, I would recommend this car with the 268hp engine to anybody. Buy it and you'll never look back.

Other C owners, please post your rants/raves.
great review Man Thanks

number 12 I met sometimes and works manually

what about ILS (Intelligent Lighting System)