Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Is P2 package worth it? >

Is P2 package worth it?

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Is P2 package worth it?

 
Old 05-15-2008, 01:44 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 300 MANUAL
Smile Is P2 package worth it?

Hi I placed an order for a
Silver/Grey-Black interior C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual with
Multimedia
P2
Ipod Integration
18" twin spoke AMG wheels.
I got it for $37000 + taxes and license
Is this a good price for that car?
I like P1 package options and just wondering if spending $1350 extra for P2 is worth it? Not really sure about the P2 options and their usage, and could not find much about it online.
Also I hear 18" wheels wont be good for Winter and I have to replace once winter kicks in (yup I live in MN) is that true? I do like 17".
Is QuickPark worth it? and is there any insurance savings for getting that option? Sorry too many questions

Thanks
LEOLAIKA is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 01:54 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Devastator187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 556
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
YES! Every penny!
Devastator187 is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 02:00 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 220
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
325Ci, 325Cic, C300
Yes, I like P2 very much.

Regards,
Paolo
cvx5832 is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 02:01 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,408
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes
Untertürkheim is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 02:04 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 469
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like above posters have said, worth every single penny.
imboom is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 02:30 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jo17jC230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chino Hills, CA
Posts: 1,034
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
YES
jo17jC230 is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 02:40 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
joebenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: orange county
Posts: 268
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 DC2, 08 C350
P2 is great

Quickpark...i cant imagine why there would be any insurance savings if you got it.
joebenz is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 02:51 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Savage c-300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,009
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 Sport, MM, P1
Originally Posted by LEOLAIKA View Post
Hi I placed an order for a
Silver/Grey-Black interior C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual with
Multimedia
P2
Ipod Integration
18" twin spoke AMG wheels.
I got it for $37000 + taxes and license
Is this a good price for that car?
I like P1 package options and just wondering if spending $1350 extra for P2 is worth it? Not really sure about the P2 options and their usage, and could not find much about it online.
Also I hear 18" wheels wont be good for Winter and I have to replace once winter kicks in (yup I live in MN) is that true? I do like 17".
Is QuickPark worth it? and is there any insurance savings for getting that option? Sorry too many questions

Thanks

instead of the P2, i would have upgraded to the C350 that includes P1, its about the same price as having the c300 with P2
Savage c-300 is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 03:56 PM
  #9  
Super Member
 
Devastator187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 556
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
Originally Posted by joebenz View Post
P2 is great

Quickpark...i cant imagine why there would be any insurance savings if you got it.
What is QuickPark? Is that where your side mirrors tilt when you reverse?
Devastator187 is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 05:14 PM
  #10  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 300 MANUAL
I would have gone for C350 Sport if MB idiots had offered manual option. Seriously I am wondering who leads their marketing dept to decide no manual option for a car that is specifically designed for sport look. Beats me..this is my first MB I hope their engineering dept is not as bad as their marketing dept.
LEOLAIKA is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 05:17 PM
  #11  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 300 MANUAL
QuickPark options comes with sensors on rear bumper which alerts if you getting too close to hitting something while backing. I heard you can get that for both rear and front bumpers. I thought since this is a safety option there may be some insurance benefit in it, just like how insurance companies give some discount on cars equipped with theft alarm
LEOLAIKA is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 05:18 PM
  #12  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 300 MANUAL
Can you be a little more specific about why you find P2 option worth every penny? Thanks in advance. pardon me for asking too many questions
LEOLAIKA is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 06:00 PM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jo17jC230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chino Hills, CA
Posts: 1,034
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
One of the main reasons why I got it is because of the Bi-xenons. I had it in my old C and it was a must have for me.

Last edited by jo17jC230; 05-15-2008 at 06:03 PM.
jo17jC230 is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 06:05 PM
  #14  
Super Member
 
dalazernet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Fairfield, NJ
Posts: 582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300W4
Originally Posted by jo17jC230 View Post
One of the main reasons why I got it is because of the Bi-xenons.
I'm getting the P2 entirely for the split fold rear seats... how else can my trunk monkey do his job?

In all honesty, with my current car there were none anywhere in the region that had the split fold rear seat option, and I always wanted the xenon headlights, so this time around - I said "I'm getting it!" The only "sacrafice" I had to give up was the leather interior, but MB-Tex will be just fine I'm sure. There just aren't any out there spec'ed the way I want with leather, P2, MM, ipod! Figures

Heh, trunk monkey... heh :-)
dalazernet is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 06:22 PM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jo17jC230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chino Hills, CA
Posts: 1,034
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by dalazernet View Post
I'm getting the P2 entirely for the split fold rear seats... how else can my trunk monkey do his job?

In all honesty, with my current car there were none anywhere in the region that had the split fold rear seat option, and I always wanted the xenon headlights, so this time around - I said "I'm getting it!" The only "sacrafice" I had to give up was the leather interior, but MB-Tex will be just fine I'm sure. There just aren't any out there spec'ed the way I want with leather, P2, MM, ipod! Figures

Heh, trunk monkey... heh :-)
The split rear seats is a nice feature and can come in very handy sometimes.
jo17jC230 is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 07:51 PM
  #16  
Super Member
 
Devastator187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 556
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
Originally Posted by LEOLAIKA View Post
Can you be a little more specific about why you find P2 option worth every penny? Thanks in advance. pardon me for asking too many questions
For me, it's the Bi-Xenon headlamp also and the rear led lights. Luxury cars in my opinion should be equipped w/ Bi-Xenon to distinguished from normal Hondas, Fords, Toyotas, etc. Even a Prius is equipped w/ Bi-Xenon as standard.
Devastator187 is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 08:40 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
itcrashed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 387
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB w204 C300 Sport, Audi B7 A4 2.0TQ, Porsche Cayman 981
P2 ftw
itcrashed is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 09:14 PM
  #18  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Steel Grey C300 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by LEOLAIKA View Post
I would have gone for C350 Sport if MB idiots had offered manual option. Seriously I am wondering who leads their marketing dept to decide no manual option for a car that is specifically designed for sport look. Beats me..this is my first MB I hope their engineering dept is not as bad as their marketing dept.

same here....first benz, i love the 6 speed manual....no way i would drive an automatic...i love the benz transmission, and the c300 still has a lot of pep

I hope in 3 years when my lease is up i can upgrade to a 6 speed C350 or C63AMG
skillz1318 is offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 09:28 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 469
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEOLAIKA View Post
Can you be a little more specific about why you find P2 option worth every penny? Thanks in advance. pardon me for asking too many questions
1) Split Folding Rear Seats: You'll come to a time where you may have to put something longer than what your regular trunk space allows. This will really come in handy for most of us.

2) Rear Sunshade: Great for people with children, but another good reason to have it is for outside parking. It reduces inside temperature of the car signicificantly, especially if used with a windshield visor in the front.

3) Bi-Xenon HID's are a must in any type of luxury car now days. The improved vision you get over standard halogens are great.
imboom is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 08:55 PM
  #20  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SF Bay Area, USA
Posts: 177
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C300 Sport
I like the P2, especially for the Bi-xenons & rear sunshade. Can see better in the dark, and keeps the car cooler on warm days respectively.
norcal5 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is P2 package worth it?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: