Lowered W204s? - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008-Present: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Lowered W204s?

 
Old 05-23-2008, 11:22 AM
  #1  
Out Of Control!!
Thread Starter
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2015 S212
Lowered W204s?

Anyone been lowering theirs? If so, can I see some pics? Trying to decide exactly how I want it to sit. Not sure if a little rake is gonna work or if it wants to sit flat.

Alos, what brands, etc and why? I can get the stuff cheap but just dunno what to get.
jangy is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 12:37 PM
  #2  
Almost a Member!
 
C300-FIGHTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
I only know of H&R and Eibach offer springs, but no Coilovers yet. I've read on the forum that the H&R's sit a little lower than the Eibachs.
C300-FIGHTER is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 01:01 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
tanktube67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SFV CA
Posts: 4,434
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by C300-FIGHTER View Post
I only know of H&R and Eibach offer springs, but no Coilovers yet. I've read on the forum that the H&R's sit a little lower than the Eibachs.
^+1

H&R sport 1 1/2" front 1 1/4" rear
H&R super sport 1 3/4" front 1 1/2" rear
Eibach 1 1/4" front 1" rear
tanktube67 is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 01:14 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Derspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by jangy View Post
Anyone been lowering theirs? If so, can I see some pics? Trying to decide exactly how I want it to sit. Not sure if a little rake is gonna work or if it wants to sit flat.

Alos, what brands, etc and why? I can get the stuff cheap but just dunno what to get.
I tried this before. https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...760&highlight=

We are in for a wait as far as dampers go. KW does have a V3 coilover kit available. It's around $2,000 - $2,500. I can't remember the exact price their rep quoted.
Derspeed is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 05:27 PM
  #5  
Out Of Control!!
Thread Starter
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2015 S212
I just want springs for now, anyways.

I assume they are just standard progressive? How much of a drop is it from OEM? The car is my wife's, so I can't have the thing too stiff.
jangy is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 05:58 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Derspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
When I spoke w/ H&R and Eibach reps, they indicated the advertized drom is for the Lux model. The Sport (already lower) will be dropped about 1/2 inch. In my opinion, that's all it needs. I wish someone could report on whether or not the OE shocks will be adversely impacted by using sport springs, but no one seems to have a definite answer. I would guess there would be a negative inpact.
Derspeed is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:43 PM
  #7  
Out Of Control!!
Thread Starter
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Derspeed View Post
When I spoke w/ H&R and Eibach reps, they indicated the advertized drom is for the Lux model. The Sport (already lower) will be dropped about 1/2 inch. In my opinion, that's all it needs. I wish someone could report on whether or not the OE shocks will be adversely impacted by using sport springs, but no one seems to have a definite answer. I would guess there would be a negative inpact.
I don't think a half an inch is going to matter to the shocks and even if so, they are pretty cheap to replace. I agree, a 1/2 inch is all it needs. Both the C300 and C350 need it.
jangy is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 01:55 AM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
benggolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Posts: 9,588
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Also, I would like to know if changing the coil springs in Canadian models that comes standard with AGILITY CONTROL will affect performance of the suspension.

If so, how will it impact the over-all ride and handle characteristic.
benggolf is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 02:15 AM
  #9  
Out Of Control!!
Thread Starter
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2015 S212
LOL!! I guess I'm a newb to Cs. What is agility control? If it is the same as the traction control (ESP), then no worries at all. That will only really get affected by wheel diameter (change in gearing) or by MAJOR changes in body roll.
jangy is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 03:24 AM
  #10  
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
GPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rowland Heights,CA
Posts: 1,032
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
W203 (sold), W204 (sold), W124
Originally Posted by Derspeed View Post
When I spoke w/ H&R and Eibach reps, they indicated the advertized drom is for the Lux model. The Sport (already lower) will be dropped about 1/2 inch. In my opinion, that's all it needs. I wish someone could report on whether or not the OE shocks will be adversely impacted by using sport springs, but no one seems to have a definite answer. I would guess there would be a negative inpact.
When you mean dropped about half an inch, is that for the rear or front or both?
GPI is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 10:26 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Derspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by GPI View Post
When you mean dropped about half an inch, is that for the rear or front or both?
Both. H&Rs give more rake though.

Jangy, I know they are cheap to replace, it's just a bit of a hassle. I'd like to do it once.
Derspeed is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 12:15 PM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
benggolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Posts: 9,588
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Originally Posted by jangy View Post
LOL!! I guess I'm a newb to Cs. What is agility control? If it is the same as the traction control (ESP), then no worries at all. That will only really get affected by wheel diameter (change in gearing) or by MAJOR changes in body roll.

Jangy, here's something about Agility Control which comes standard on Canadian W204s, but not yet an available option in the USA.

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=3669
benggolf is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 02:16 PM
  #13  
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
GPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rowland Heights,CA
Posts: 1,032
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
W203 (sold), W204 (sold), W124
Originally Posted by benggolf View Post
Jangy, here's something about Agility Control which comes standard on Canadian W204s, but not yet an available option in the USA.

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=3669
Actually, the Agility Control is also standard in the USA. The option that is not available yet is the Advanced Agility Control. With this option, you will have an additional button just beside the rear sunshade button which says "sport".
GPI is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 05:16 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
benggolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Posts: 9,588
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Originally Posted by GPI View Post
Actually, the Agility Control is also standard in the USA. The option that is not available yet is the Advanced Agility Control. With this option, you will have an additional button just beside the rear sunshade button which says "sport".

Thanks for correcting me!
benggolf is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 08:16 PM
  #15  
Member
 
nbturbos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 c300
Eibachs are progressive and are 1.2" all around.
nbturbos is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 09:43 AM
  #16  
Out Of Control!!
Thread Starter
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Derspeed View Post
Both. H&Rs give more rake though.

Jangy, I know they are cheap to replace, it's just a bit of a hassle. I'd like to do it once.

Understood. Hmmm, I like rake. I saw a C350 yesterday with some race springs and it was pretty low. I dunno if my wife will let me do that low. I was just gonna do it and give it back, heheh!!
jangy is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 09:46 AM
  #17  
Out Of Control!!
Thread Starter
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by benggolf View Post
Jangy, here's something about Agility Control which comes standard on Canadian W204s, but not yet an available option in the USA.

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=3669
You sure that isn't on the US models? I thought I read about that on ours. You won't mess with any of that. What they are talking about is all shocks and just dampening at that.
jangy is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:13 AM
  #18  
Super Member
 
phranksmbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 924
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 c300 4matic
are these for 4 matics? i want to lower mine a bit too but im afraid of losing the comfort. What do you guys think?

Last edited by phranksmbz; 09-01-2008 at 08:33 AM.
phranksmbz is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:25 AM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
I have H&R super sports on mine. 1.8" drop rear, 1.7" front.
I am so glad I got super sport instead of sport. I was also debating which one to get before I got it. After seeing Vcruiser's pictures of both sets, I got the super sports. BEST DECISION!!!!
I think with sport spring, you are still gonna get a pretty big gap between the fender and the tires... In my opinion, isn't worth replacing the stock spring for. I have the spring on my car the 2nd week I got my car, so far, i have not hit/scrapped anything going up drive ways or ramps. I would say go for SUPER SPORTS.
yxc145 is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:29 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
white_glass_top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 C300 SPORT (white)
Originally Posted by C300-FIGHTER View Post
I only know of H&R and Eibach offer springs, but no Coilovers yet. I've read on the forum that the H&R's sit a little lower than the Eibachs.
i heard that KW has coilovers for our cars, but its pricey! im a cheap azz.
white_glass_top is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:41 AM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
benggolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Posts: 9,588
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Originally Posted by nbturbos View Post
Eibachs are progressive and are 1.2" all around.
Being progressive, I suppose the Pro-Kit springs won't affect the ride quality too much, will it?

I hear the drop will be about .5" on cars that have the sports suspension. Can anyone confirm this? Am planning on lowering my car this Friday and want to be sure.

TIA guys.
benggolf is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:45 AM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
Originally Posted by benggolf View Post
Being progressive, I suppose the Pro-Kit springs won't affect the ride quality too much, will it?

I hear the drop will be about .5" on cars that have the sports suspension. Can anyone confirm this? Am planning on lowering my car this Friday and want to be sure.

TIA guys.
Bengolf, go with H&R super sports. you can't even tell the difference with the sports. you will regret it if you get the sports, trust me.
yxc145 is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:52 AM
  #23  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
benggolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Posts: 9,588
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
Bengolf, go with H&R super sports. you can't even tell the difference with the sports. you will regret it if you get the sports, trust me.
Thanks for your advice yxc145. Actually, I am not looking for an aggressive drop; just a bit to minimize the gap between the tires and the wheel arch without causing deterioration of the car's ride.
benggolf is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
  #24  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Azn_C300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chino Hills, CA
Posts: 3,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
I second the super sport. I have H&R sports and I still got 2 finger wheel gap. I'm now debating if I want to swap them for super sports or just get coilovers with ELM.
Azn_C300 is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 03:38 PM
  #25  
Super Member
 
phranksmbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 924
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
09 c300 4matic
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
I have H&R super sports on mine. 1.8" drop rear, 1.7" front.
I am so glad I got super sport instead of sport. I was also debating which one to get before I got it. After seeing Vcruiser's pictures of both sets, I got the super sports. BEST DECISION!!!!
I think with sport spring, you are still gonna get a pretty big gap between the fender and the tires... In my opinion, isn't worth replacing the stock spring for. I have the spring on my car the 2nd week I got my car, so far, i have not hit/scrapped anything going up drive ways or ramps. I would say go for SUPER SPORTS.
can you feel a big difference in the comfort of the ride? are these for the 4matics too?
phranksmbz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowered W204s?


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: