C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

hello new buyer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ
haha, why no wires on the Bimmer?!!
The BMW is more of a performance car, so I'd put something that fits. I still don't know which wheels I'll put on it, but not wires. I think that Lorenzo in 19". After reading on the Bimmer forums, 19 is definitely doable. While wires are on and look nice on the early model Vettes and the like, I consider them more of a luxury wheel...like Cadillac, Jaguar, and Benz.

Originally Posted by imboom
Daytons are so 1980's. It'd be probably fun to see if 15" wheels fit on the w204. I bet not.

Just let the guy do it. I mean if there is a kid in the block that wants a mullet now, would you say no?
18s. Really anything less than 19 is not really doable, but the 18 would work better for the Benz. Roads are not that great here in the greater Houston area.

Going to put 19s on a 335i, I've done made up my mind on that.

Last edited by aika; 05-27-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Almost a Member!

c300
This is what's up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXM4ONXcXno

I do love the Benz, but that 335i sounds so nice and is so nasty.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:48 PM

08 C300 Sport
Do whatever you think is right, good luck.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:52 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Factory wires

...Does anyone know if MBs use to come with factory wire wheels? And if so what were the years?....

Probably about 1930 or so.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C-300, XC70, Wrangler
The 550 K and similar in the mid-30s had wire wheels. The 200 in my sig didn't.

MB's wire wheels were much more sturdy than the Daytons of today ...
Old 05-28-2008, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
I think it looks kinda cool. I prefer multi- or 5-spokes myself (like the AMG 18"s!), but those wires are definitely unique. Do your thing, man. Your car. Who cares what anyone else thinks?
Old 05-28-2008, 03:25 AM

08 C350 fully loaded
They have 24 inch wires nowadays man Haven't you ever seen The Game's Album Covers LOL. Anyways, I would get 24 inch wires on a 63 black convertible impala, raise it up and wrap it in Vogues. Then I would get a very loud sounds sytem and play that houston wrapper Slim Thug's verse that so eloquently would descibe my car......" SITTIN ON FOUR 4's Wrapped in Four Vogues".... YOu ge the picture. EXTRA THUG.

I really wan't a convertible 63 impalla in black on all chrome wires. That would be so sick. That an a 70's chevelle SS on Drag Radials as well as C63 BONE stock, then my current car as a daily driver. HAHAHAH.

Yeah. Get the Vogues MAN!!!! But get the Impala first son!
Old 05-28-2008, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c350blknav
They have 24 inch wires nowadays man Haven't you ever seen The Game's Album Covers LOL. Anyways, I would get 24 inch wires on a 63 black convertible impala, raise it up and wrap it in Vogues. Then I would get a very loud sounds sytem and play that houston wrapper Slim Thug's verse that so eloquently would descibe my car......" SITTIN ON FOUR 4's Wrapped in Four Vogues".... YOu ge the picture. EXTRA THUG.

I really wan't a convertible 63 impalla in black on all chrome wires. That would be so sick. That an a 70's chevelle SS on Drag Radials as well as C63 BONE stock, then my current car as a daily driver. HAHAHAH.

Word. Nothin wrong with a little bit of hood. And I'm not even black. Just a part of the hiphop generation.

Except the 24s part. I think 19~20 would be plenty. I'm not into that whole donk/box look. Looks like an SUV/toy car. Oh and none of that overly flashy candy paint scheme stuff those hoodrats like to do and cheapen the look of the cars. Classy OEM look is the way.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Almost a Member!

c300

Come down to Houston man, big things...everyone is riding on wheels or swangers. Go down to Richmond street on the weekend and watch the real gangster 16 year olds in their AMG Benzs and Lambos...
Old 05-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Almost a Member!

c300

What's crazy is Mike Jones is one of the most successful rappers to come out of Houston but he doesn't get much respect here in Houston at all...Slim Thug and Z-Ro, Lil Keke, UGK, they hold it down here.

I've been thinking between white and black car. Black on black is classic but I think white for me, with some black interior, black wheels with a chrome lip. Nothing too fancy but still very nice.

Get the Vogues MAN!!!! But get the Impala first son!
Crack me up. I don't need an Impala! Three vehicles between my wife and myself is more than enough. Too much really. But we live modestly. I tried to convince my wife to get a luxury SUV, she would not have it. She said her dream car is a Ford Expedition...It's pretty nice too but I can't say I like Fords, I'm a Chevy guy myself, even though I drive a Dodge truck. Go figure...

Last edited by aika; 05-28-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:19 PM

Lexus LS
chrome wire look a little bit weird. That's fine for me.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aika
I tried to convince my wife to get a luxury SUV, she would not have it.
You're a lucky man.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:54 AM

08 C350 fully loaded
Originally Posted by aika
Come down to Houston man, big things...everyone is riding on wheels or swangers. Go down to Richmond street on the weekend and watch the real gangster 16 year olds in their AMG Benzs and Lambos...
I'm finna pass through on my way to jackson. Imma be movin out there. Takin the 10 to the 20 just to see the H-town dunnie. But yeah Imma have hell passin through El Paso with all them K9 checkpoints AHHH! I should just take the 40 through Amarillo and Oklahoma but I'm really tryna stay the night in Houston and get at the honey dips out there. But you're married so I won't speak on ish anymore HAHA.

Thanks for the invitation though you already know the deal, I'll definelty hit up the spizzle ya dig. I hear Galviston is Poppin off too maybe catch a few fades n ****.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Almost a Member!

c300
I'm finna pass through on my way to jackson. Imma be movin out there. Takin the 10 to the 20 just to see the H-town dunnie. But yeah Imma have hell passin through El Paso with all them K9 checkpoints AHHH! I should just take the 40 through Amarillo and Oklahoma but I'm really tryna stay the night in Houston and get at the honey dips out there. But you're married so I won't speak on ish anymore HAHA.

Thanks for the invitation though you already know the deal, I'll definelty hit up the spizzle ya dig. I hear Galviston is Poppin off too maybe catch a few fades n ****.
I was at the beach this past weekend, it was packed. The water is not that great but still a lot of people especially from Houston make the trip to get out of the concrete jungle.

If you go to Galveston go to east beach, I think that is the only beach you can drink on and a lot of the younger generation go there, Stewart is nice too but it is more family oriented.

Let me know when you come down I may be able to give you some advice on which hotel to stay at or if there is anything going on.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Almost a Member!

c300
Originally Posted by narky
You're a lucky man.
She is an awesome girl. She is old school, take care of her man and family, do the dishes, clean...and pretty too.

So I ask her, are you going to want to drive the BMW? She says, "Of course."

hehe

"But baby, it will be in manual, you don't know how to drive a manual transmission."

She says, "Oh, I can learn and try really hard." hehe

"But baby, you will have to practice on a different car, you can make the transmission go bad if you practice on the BMW."

She says, "Oh, ok I'll just ride with you."

Gotta love her.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:47 PM

08 C350 fully loaded
will be out there in late July /early august. Will definetly stay on the beach!