C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Almost Asking for Nitrous

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
Almost Asking for Nitrous

I grabbed one of my 5lb nitrous bottles off the shelf attached the standard banded clamps and what do you know the small platform to the right side of the spare tire tire houses the bottle perfectly and still allows the trunk cover to sit flush.

Not much free time anytime soon but I am interested in designing a clean OEM set-up to add a modest 30-50hp for those 1-2 times a year a legitimate race may come up and surprise the better car.

To alleviate the hate posts about nitrous YES it can be a pain in the *** and dangerous if not tuned properly. That's why I mentioned when I get enough free time as a properly tuned system should be trouble free but takes time to set it up right. IMO a dry kit would work better on the intake design so it takes time to research and figure out how to add the extra fuel as this car is new to me.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55 AMG
OK... Not to hate but...

A dry setup on a late model MB will be much more dangerous than working in a wet setup. Unless you have the means to tune the car "internally" through the ECU to accommodate for moderate dry nitrous use, I would suggest you keep away from a dry shot setup. You may also have to install some sort of fuel management system, if the ECU's fuel supply (and injector size) parameters are limited.

A wet shot would be your best bet. The install and setup wouldn't be any different from that of any other "nitrous friendly" application. You will need to tap into the fuel line of the vehicle, attach the proper solenoid or fuel management module, run the lines with the nitrous nozzle(s), and then setup the drive-by-wire module for the activation of the system (since you really cant use the old fashion micro switches). How you go about powering the system or where you mount the "on switch" in the cabin is up to you...

The wet shot will naturally account for the required additional fuel, but in respect to the engines capabilities, keeping the kit at a modest 50 shot or less would be advised. I'm certain it could handle more, but unless you have very deep pockets, I wouldn't take any chances with more.

If you do actually go for it, please post some pics and results!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
I understand where your coming from in terms of the intake placement vs dry shot but wouldn't you rather go through the trouble of splitting the fuel line into a Y in order to make that work for you? I'm sure you know the wet shot is generally safer than the dry even in small amounts. I would have to guess (unless your nuts) that you own the car and in that case I would want to be even a little more careful considering its your property/investment what have you. I used to do juice on my jap cars (CL/RL"turbo haha") and always ran a wet kit even spraying a 50 shot. Were you planning on doing a staggered shark nozzle set up just in one intake plenum or were you going to a 25 shot in either side? I'd be interested to see where your going with this. What would be cool to me, considering I built my c300 for show (because its just too slow to try to make fast) is to put a kit in for show (ready and working though) with a full purge kit and the whole nine. Have it come out some where sexy like the washer nozzles or something. I use to have a similar set up w/ purge valve that shot straight up from the top of the hood. Always impressed/intimidated potential races. What company do you deal w/ for nitrous. My stuff was always all nitrous express. Keep us posted.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
I get what you guys are saying about a dry kit and that's why I mentioned I don't have the time now as it does take time to test the capabilities of the factory fuel system and proper electronics to deliver the fuel safely.

Wet kits are easier but a dry kit would work much nicer and be much cleaner on this car if possible.

Plus modern intakes design aren't screaming great distribution for spraying fuel through them so the old rules don't apply.

The company I use? Well that would be my own.