C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Iphone not pairing up like before.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Iphone not pairing up like before.

When I got my car, my saleman paired my iphone up with my car as he sat inside and pushed some #'s. Lately, my iphone was acting up and I had to sent it in and they gave me a new one. Well, i'm having heck of a time trying to get my car to recognize my iphone. When I went to pair it up its say something like 192.168.x.x as my phone. But, when my salesman did it, it showed up as the name of my iphone (ex. Jason's Phone). I've spent over an hour trying to get my name to show up instead of 192.168.x.x. anyone here having trouble pairing up their Iphone? Or what am I doing wrong? I wish there was a way in our car where you can go and edit the name of the device you paired it up with.

btw, my iphone software is up to date 1.1.4

Last edited by C300Man; 06-04-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Almost a Member!

C350, F350, EXC-R, Wakesetter LSV
My wife and I both have Iphones and its like a lottery to see if either or neither will pair up. Both phones will show that they are paired, but the car won't. We have re-registered each phone, tried with one phone off, and it is still day to day. Mercedes says its the phone and ATT says its the car. So don't feel bad about the Iphone/C350 dilemma.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:36 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Well I've got an iPhone (4GB model) named "Eric's iPhone" which seems to connect each and every time I start the car. I leave the phone in my pocket, and I see on the navigation something like "connected to Eric's iphone"... phone calls come right in, and everything seems to work just fine (EXCEPT contacts)

Unfortunately Apple does not use VCARDs for their phone contacts, etc. In our particular case it would have been awesome for the apple iphone contacts to send over and "split" so the phone numbers go into the telephone app while the addresses go into the navigation. I know, beautiful dreamer...

Either way - no problems here, but its only day 3. Although with the showing off I've been doing with the car, I've started and stopped it at least 50 times already... I'll keep everyone posted a few weeks from now on the status of my phone/bluetooth connectivity.

PS - You did an "external authorization" right? Because that worked flawlessly for me...
Old 06-06-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 E300, Selenite Grey, P2, Sport Wheel package 18" AMG, Leather seats
My dealer paired my old Razr when I got the car and it him 30 mins. to do it correctly, so when I got an IPhone I figured I'd have to go back to the dealer and have them pair it. Just for fun, I took the phone to the car and tried to pair it myself - without even looking at the phone or car manual. Within a minute it paired perfectly and I've had no problems since. I'm not the most tech. savy guy, but both devices are extremely intuitive.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:33 AM

W204
Originally Posted by The Benz
My dealer paired my old Razr when I got the car and it him 30 mins. to do it correctly, so when I got an IPhone I figured I'd have to go back to the dealer and have them pair it. Just for fun, I took the phone to the car and tried to pair it myself - without even looking at the phone or car manual. Within a minute it paired perfectly and I've had no problems since. I'm not the most tech. savy guy, but both devices are extremely intuitive.
Sorry to bring up old post. Did you use iPhone to search for COMAND? Or COMAND to search for iPhone?