C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C200k upgrades must be done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C200K
C200k upgrades must be done

Hello folks

Well, after driving about 1500km on the new car, it seems to me that it is lacking a bit of hp for daily driving. Yes it might be plenty for some who just drive them like granny, but time to time, I need some punch. I rather not do an engine swap already on a fresh motor i got in there, so I rather use some of the products known to up the boost on the dinky supercharger.

My question is that, what is the utmost limit PSI or BAR of stock supercharger?

Would C230k supercharger fit? I heard that it is a bit bigger than those on the 180 and 200ks

If not, I see that MKB offers a big punch hp kit for the 4 cyl engine.

Increase in performance to 184 kW (250 HP) at 6200 rpm, 300 Nm at 2800-5100 rpm modification:engine conversion with bigger and more effective supercharger,manifold s/s, metal catalytic converters and complete exhaust system s/s, special intercooler, thermostat and sports air filter, adaptation of ECU.

I wonder how much I need to fork out of my bank to order this kit....

I see the Carlsson and brabus, and others offer supercharger upgrade with some pulleys and minor things. Don't seem like I can the most out of the engine by doing it that way.

Well, some of you may think that, why did I get 200k instead of v6 models? well my speed hungry is fullfilled by my weekend car when I need it, but this daily driver is too slow

Anyone here has achieved over 200rwhp out of the 4cyl? please share your mod list with me.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200K W204
Hi there,

It's been over a year now, and I was wondering how's your progress with your upgrades.

I've been following up with your post and apparently, MKB does not provide the upgrades you suggested. Sure, it's up on their website, but when I've contacted them a couple of months ago, they claim to have only an ecu reflash, and no SC upgrades whatsoever.

Kleeman however seems to be the most likely approach. Personally I haven't installed their headers and cat, but there's been lots of good reviews from satisfied clients. There used to be a Kleeman dealer in Malaysia but I believe they've closed down, so I'm not too sure how to go about their upgrades.

Anyways, your idea about fitting a c230k kompressor into a c200k seems nice If it's doable, I would love to hear from you. I completely understand your hunger for more power. It was only a few days ago that I was cruising down the LDP highway in Malaysia and spotted a BMW 320i and Audi A4 1.8T racing each other on the highway. I decided to tag along. They had the headstart and the A4 was "beating" the beemer, and eventually so did I. Now with the beemer out of the way, I managed to keep up with the A4. I reckon if I HAD the upgrades, I would've owned the A4, but sadly I didn't....