C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C350 Bluetooth and Laptop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
C350 Bluetooth and Laptop

I read the manual which says you can connect a laptop via bluetooth to the Mercedes MM Command center. This seems like an easy way to transfer files such as my contact list, MP3's etc. Would let me bypass the SDHC PCMICIA card reader - which after an entire day of search (Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack, Apple, Amazon) - I could not find anywhere available.

So - with a sense of Eureka - I read in the manual that you can connect a bluetooth enabled laptop to the car.

So - i have 3 machines with Bluetooth - an XP, A macbook pro running Leopard, and a macbook running Tiger.

I went to the car - system - bluetooth - update - and none of the machines show up in the car as a recognized device.

On the laptops however, I can see the MB Headset as a device - but cannot pair with it.

I've read on line that some folks have successfully used bluetooth to connect - but didn't say they did anything special?

Is there a trick to this that I'm not getting? All computers are set to "discoverable"