C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

The rear fog light can we convert the other rear light to a foglight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
The rear fog light can we convert the other rear light to a foglight

I was wondering on the rear fog lights instead of having one rear foglight is there anyway to make the other rear light a fog light reason you might ask sometimes in the highway i get idiots who fish tail u on the bumber so one speeds up faster and when it rains in the highway it pours most time i want my rear driver to see me real good when there hardly any visibilty
Old 07-14-2008, 09:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
black c300 sport p1
on my old car the only reason that the other foglight didnt work was because there was no bulb in it, although the wiring and housing was there.

did you check the lamp housing?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
I was wondering on the rear fog lights instead of having one rear foglight is there anyway to make the other rear light a fog light reason you might ask sometimes in the highway i get idiots who fish tail u on the bumber so one speeds up faster and when it rains in the highway it pours most time i want my rear driver to see me real good when there hardly any visibilty
Adding the rear fog to the right tail light would do you more harm than good. Having two could make the driver behind you think you're riding the brakes. It'd make it harder to see the brake lights and could possibly make the rear driver have a delayed reaction when you brake since their the same brightness.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350
Originally Posted by AsianML
Adding the rear fog to the right tail light would do you more harm than good. Having two could make the driver behind you think you're riding the brakes. It'd make it harder to see the brake lights and could possibly make the rear driver have a delayed reaction when you brake since their the same brightness.
I totally agree with him
Old 07-14-2008, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by got_thang?
I totally agree with him
+2

Also, please do not drive with your fog lights on, it is extremely annoying for everyone else on the road. About on par with aftermarket HID packages. Funny thing, those two things usually appear in pairs.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350
Actually it will be cool if you put in a HID bulb in the rear fog light

Will defiantly make those who tail gate stay back
Old 07-14-2008, 10:29 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Rear fog light #2?

Originally Posted by ATSOBE
You cannot activate the right side fog light. There is no empty socket and however anyone did so in the past (I did) does not apply to the W204.

In my past MBs I added a second bulb and used both as additional brake lights since I consider rear fogs to be useless.

When I removed the bulb holder assembly in my C300 and when finding no empty socket, I turned on the fog light and lo and behold, one of the taillight bulbs got much brighter.

That bulb is normally running at a reduced voltage to match the other taillight bulb next to it and when the rear fog is selected at the light switch, a full 12V is supplied, switching the bulb to full brightness.

I'm sure all this is controlled by the main brain and right hand drive cars would have their fog light on the right side.

Be interesting to know if there is a command to light them both up. This would be done with the dealer's laptop but I'll bet it's not possible.