C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New member - hopefully owner in the very near

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 C350 White
New member - hopefully owner in the very near

future..

Looking at picking up a white 2008 C350 sport this week. Been looking at a number of cars and think I'm gonna try my first Mercedes.

Long time Audi owner and tuner. Think I have had close to 10 Audis over the last few years. Tuned many A4s 1.8t/2.8 and a ton of S4s. So this is gonna get me some crap in my Audi circles that I'm buying a Benz.

Few questions
Rims : What size, offset, bolt pattern do these car use?
Where can you find wheels besides tirerack for these cars?

Body questions
I've seen some people with a different front lip spoiler / diffuser - where can I find stuff like this?

Already found the clear / smoked side markers.

I am not looking to go crazy modifying or tuning this car. It's going to be my weekend / somewhat commuter car. But I would like to change / add a couple little things here and there. Tint, rims, couple body mods, etc.

Appreciate any responses, I know I'll be talking to you guys soon.

Cheers!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by Dood Monkey
future..

Looking at picking up a white 2008 C350 sport this week. Been looking at a number of cars and think I'm gonna try my first Mercedes.

Long time Audi owner and tuner. Think I have had close to 10 Audis over the last few years. Tuned many A4s 1.8t/2.8 and a ton of S4s. So this is gonna get me some crap in my Audi circles that I'm buying a Benz.

Few questions
Rims : What size, offset, bolt pattern do these car use?
Where can you find wheels besides tirerack for these cars?

Body questions
I've seen some people with a different front lip spoiler / diffuser - where can I find stuff like this?

Already found the clear / smoked side markers.

I am not looking to go crazy modifying or tuning this car. It's going to be my weekend / somewhat commuter car. But I would like to change / add a couple little things here and there. Tint, rims, couple body mods, etc.

Appreciate any responses, I know I'll be talking to you guys soon.

Cheers!
Welcome. I very nearly went Audi after I saw the RS4 and S5, but the wait time was ungodly.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Good thing you don't want to mod it too much, because you will be disappointed. Coming from Audis and VWs myself, I can't believe how few items are available for this car right now. The car has been in Europe for over a year. I miss going to Neuspeed, Greedspeed, Abt or Oettinger knowing they had the latest stuff for my cars.

Anyway, the bolt pattern for the wheels is 5X112. The center bore is 66.5mm. I posted the offset in another thread. I forget, but I have it at home. I'll post it later. It is similar to the latest VWs and Audis. Wheels are available through Brabus (CEC), Carlsson, Lorinser, and the non-specific 360 forged, HRE and so-on. Older MB wheels and those from other models apparently don't fit.

Springs are available from H&R, Eibach, Carlsson and Brabus. Search coilovers. I have found a few companies.

Anyway. These are really nice cars. I am sure you have noticed the difference in build quality compared to the Audis. IMO, a little better. I haven't spent enough time around B8s, so I don't what they are like.

Enjoy.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C250 Coupe, 1998 SL 600 sport
Welcome Dude! Let us know when / if you pick the car up. Yeah, I agree, not much out there for us mod wise yet - there is some nice 3 pc rear spoilers out there, haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm thinking about it...
RickP
Old 07-21-2008, 12:44 PM

'08 C350 White
Well I did it. Got the car on Friday, my birthday.

C350
every option

beautiful car, very fun / easy to drive.

loving it so far.

Need some new shoes, tint, and some smoked side markers and I'm done!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:58 PM

BMW E90, W204 C350
is your car 09 ?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:26 AM

'08 C350 White
08 - I didn't order it, they had exactly what I wanted on the lot.

Actually wanted to test drive the C300 in manual but they did not have any. So test drove the C350 and settled for an auto. Not my first choice, but it's not so bad.