C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

It happened again!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
It happened again!

I feel like a broken record posting this but I have to. After having my drivers side rear door pin repaired on a Monday and the passenger side on that Friday you'd think the dealership fixed them properly, Right? WRONG! I was just over a friends house doing the guy thing talking about our cars (he has a IS300 show car). Showed him the polished pins and the return of the stock plastic surrounds. Everything was good until we checked the back doors. The drivers side had white residue on the pin and inside the surround. I call it acetone burn. I unlocked that door and the pin did not come off (of course not- the *******s super-glued it on). Went over to the passenger door and off came the pin. Cracked in the same place, but not glued on like the other. I called the dealership ready to start ripping but of course everyone important had left for the day. I will be talking to the general manager and service manager tomorrow. I also have a small but aggravating slit on the back of my passenger side headrest. About 1/8" but noticeable to me (and obviously my friend). Perfectly straight like a small screwdriver or blade was poked into it.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Sorry to hear about this buddy that sucks. I am waiting for someone to pull off a rear pin then it is Gorilla Glue.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
How do they fall off? I have yet to experience mine come off unintentionally
Old 07-19-2008, 05:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Sucks. I just had my rear pins break off too. I never paid too much attention to the whole discussion because I never have rear passengers, but last week I had a client in the back, and... yeah. Out they came, both sides. Nice. WTF MB

I can't believe the pins on our cars are made like this. I just plugged mine back in and forgot about it. Or trying to, at least. I'll never have rear passengers again.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
I understand they made a design/production error but SUPERGLUE! I'd figure the MB dealership that is supposed to be the elite dealership in the area could come up with something better than Superglue. I said if they came off again it was my turn- well here I go (if I can get that one off).
Old 07-19-2008, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
I had one come off one day, but it went right back on. Is it that big of a deal? They don't just pop off if you don't pull, do they?
Old 07-19-2008, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by mac911
I had one come off one day, but it went right back on. Is it that big of a deal? They don't just pop off if you don't pull, do they?
Unless you are going to tell every person that ever sits in the back seat "whatever you do- don't pull that lock pin" someone will eventually pull off the pin. In the case where I was in the back seat of the car on the passenger side. I just had shoulder surgery and my arm was in a sling/splint. For some stupid reason I shut the door (keys inside the house) and locked the door by accident. When I tried to unlock- pin came off and I was unable to unlock the door to get out of the car. I had to lie down on the seat and pull myself to the drivers side to exit the vehicle. It was an extremely painful experience. And the pins don't just pop back on. They might appear to be on but if you pull again- they will come off. I went to the dealership and complained to the service manager and the general manager. They acknowledged the issue and said there have been numerous complaints since even the AMG cars have the same problem. They said there woould most definitely be a recall but until then- they weren't sure how to handle it. I told them if they were going to glue something on- I would rather have the aluminum pins (I just ordered another set). We'll see.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:58 AM

2016 C400 4Matic
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
Unless you are going to tell every person that ever sits in the back seat "whatever you do- don't pull that lock pin" someone will eventually pull off the pin. In the case where I was in the back seat of the car on the passenger side. I just had shoulder surgery and my arm was in a sling/splint. For some stupid reason I shut the door (keys inside the house) and locked the door by accident. When I tried to unlock- pin came off and I was unable to unlock the door to get out of the car. I had to lie down on the seat and pull myself to the drivers side to exit the vehicle. It was an extremely painful experience. And the pins don't just pop back on. They might appear to be on but if you pull again- they will come off. I went to the dealership and complained to the service manager and the general manager. They acknowledged the issue and said there have been numerous complaints since even the AMG cars have the same problem. They said there woould most definitely be a recall but until then- they weren't sure how to handle it. I told them if they were going to glue something on- I would rather have the aluminum pins (I just ordered another set). We'll see.
Great!! tonite, right before I came home, a friend did the thing and yea, it came off!! this is funny!!!!

all my friends laughed, hahaha....

You guys should all try it yourselves! it's truly hilarious!!!

Last edited by kfm999; 07-20-2008 at 01:01 AM.