C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Strange roraing sound while making a right turn and accelerating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
Strange roraing sound while making a right turn and accelerating.

I get a wired roraing sound that was coming from the car back left where the exhaust is . When I make a right turn and accelerate while making a trun i hear if the exhust notes change Like the car has some special resonator and it roars more .

not sure if its the exhaust or not but when i do not accelrate while making a right turn there is no roar ofcourse as engine is kinda running on low RPM. When I accelrate in a straight line the roar is normal. Only while making a right turn and accelerating I hear that sound as you hear in modified cars with x-pipes and resonator removed etc.

Any ideas what I need to check out?

Please note a few months ago I got special chrome tips installed on my car for the exhaust from the MB dealer.

Last edited by lx Raven xl; 08-08-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Noises

Originally Posted by lx Raven xl
I get a wired roraing sound that was coming from the car back left where the exhaust is . When I make a right turn and accelerate while making a trun i hear if the exhust notes change Like the car has some special resonator and it roars more .

not sure if its the exhaust or not but when i do not accelrate while making a right turn there is no roar ofcourse as engine is kinda running on low RPM. When I accelrate in a straight line the roar is normal. Only while making a right turn and accelerating I hear that sound as you hear in modified cars with x-pipes and resonator removed etc.

Any ideas what I need to check out?

Please note a few months ago I got special chrome tips installed on my car for the exhaust from the MB dealer.

It's possible that some part of the exhaust system is touching the underbody when turning, Check the exhaust hangers in the rear.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by RLE
It's possible that some part of the exhaust system is touching the underbody when turning, Check the exhaust hangers in the rear.
You might be right. Actually now i hear the roar even accelerating in a straight line when there is load in the car ( 5 passengers ) and also when climbing an inclined surface even though i was not pushing the car at all. Its for sure the exhaust.

I have the appointment with the MB service . You think this is covered under warranty. The exhuast tips were also installed by MB dealer and they are authentic as well.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
You might be right. Actually now i hear the roar even accelerating in a straight line when there is load in the car ( 5 passengers ) and also when climbing an inclined surface even though i was not pushing the car at all. Its for sure the exhaust.

I have the appointment with the MB service . You think this is covered under warranty. The exhuast tips were also installed by MB dealer and they are authentic as well.
This noise can happen when there is an exhaust pipe blockage eg a muffler baffle adrift or some dill has pushed a potatoe up your exhaust tip!!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:42 AM

The problem was fixed after a short visit to dealer. The problem was when i first took my car to get the chrome exhaust tips on at the MB dealer , they did not put back the resonater properly. after a few KMS some kind of rubber came lose and the resonater was hanging only by a clip i think and was making more roar when there was more pressure on the engine.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:35 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Roaring

The problem was fixed after a short visit to dealer. The problem was when i first took my car to get the chrome exhaust tips on at the MB dealer , they did not put back the resonater properly. after a few KMS some kind of rubber came lose and the resonater was hanging only by a clip i think and was making more roar when there was more pressure on the engine.
Told ya so.