C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Door lock pull knobs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Door lock pull knobs

My 2008 C350 (SFA edition) is really not impressing us. Both rear doors have lost the little pull up prongs that allows you to lock and unlock the cars from the inside. Has this been a common problem across the forum? I find this unbelievable that a car this price has this problem. Also the rear brakes are squeaking very badly. Not impressed so far.

Also, almost everytime I go to snap the seatbelt into place, my hand bumps up against the button that opens the center console.
Bad designs on all 3 issues.

Also, I find it impossible to turn off the radio and use the navigation at the same time. The only way I see to turn the radio off is to mute it, but does this mute the nav instructions???
Old 08-09-2008, 03:28 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by trumpet1
My 2008 C350 (SFA edition) is really not impressing us. Both rear doors have lost the little pull up prongs that allows you to lock and unlock the cars from the inside. Has this been a common problem across the forum? I find this unbelievable that a car this price has this problem. Also the rear brakes are squeaking very badly. Not impressed so far.

Also, almost everytime I go to snap the seatbelt into place, my hand bumps up against the button that opens the center console.
Bad designs on all 3 issues.

Also, I find it impossible to turn off the radio and use the navigation at the same time. The only way I see to turn the radio off is to mute it, but does this mute the nav instructions???
Hey and welcome. If you search you'll find LOTS of discussion on door pins - and just about everyone is fed up with them. Regarding the rear brakes -- its probably your E-brake that needs adjustment believe it or not. Mine came making all kinds of squeaks and sqwauks... Just tell your service advisor and they will fix it up for you real quick. Mine's been fine since!

Regarding the seat position and the button to open the center console - try lowering your seat a bit. I come no where close to hitting this button, and I don't exactly sit "on the ground"... I've found my personal most comfortable position to be the rear portion of the seat tilted down, and the front portion of the seat to be angled up a bit. Then put the seat back where you like it.

Lastly - muting the sound is your only option for silence AND navigation. Rest assuring, muting the sound only mutes the "music". Your nav lady will continue to yapp your ear off.

Enjoy and best of luck - everything will be fine once the little stuff gets fixed...

- Eric
Old 08-09-2008, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
push pedal bicycle & '08 C 350
my door pins are still on, but no one sits in the back seat of my car so...

ya, i dont even come close to opening the center console, try adjusting the seat.

one thing i do hate is the ebrake location and the pedal positions. sometimes when i brake i can feel my heel still on the gas pedal. i wish the gas pedal lever came from above instead of mounted on the floor.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by dalazernet
Hey and welcome. If you search you'll find LOTS of discussion on door pins - and just about everyone is fed up with them. Regarding the rear brakes -- its probably your E-brake that needs adjustment believe it or not. Mine came making all kinds of squeaks and sqwauks... Just tell your service advisor and they will fix it up for you real quick. Mine's been fine since!

Regarding the seat position and the button to open the center console - try lowering your seat a bit. I come no where close to hitting this button, and I don't exactly sit "on the ground"... I've found my personal most comfortable position to be the rear portion of the seat tilted down, and the front portion of the seat to be angled up a bit. Then put the seat back where you like it.

Lastly - muting the sound is your only option for silence AND navigation. Rest assuring, muting the sound only mutes the "music". Your nav lady will continue to yapp your ear off.

Enjoy and best of luck - everything will be fine once the little stuff gets fixed...

- Eric
Thanks Eric,

Actually it is my wife's car and she's doing the complaining so I'll go over all of this with her and the MB tech and we'll see what happens from there.