C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Final stage mods done..some pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 06:44 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 - C200K : 2002 - C200K
emm.. correct me if im wrong but arnt they Ranger Rover Sport rims???
Old 08-15-2008, 07:13 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
So whats the story with the rear finder flairs? Very nice. Who, were, how, ect.

-Troy
Old 08-15-2008, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by Rixter
emm.. correct me if im wrong but arnt they Ranger Rover Sport rims???

ART sport Rims....
Originally Posted by CMann
ART monoart1 titanium finish
9x20 offset 40
EUR 2720.00
Old 08-15-2008, 08:53 AM

mercedes c200k w204
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
So whats the story with the rear finder flairs? Very nice. Who, were, how, ect.

-Troy
who?? were? is does not matter cause i'm in malaysia. how? not sure of the details cause i was not there during the process. it was done by a body styling shop. can explain to u in basic process:

1. knocking/stamping the rear fender
2. ad kevlar fiber to the rear bumper(to smoothen the flow)
3. ad kevlar fiber to the rear door(to smoothen the flow)
4. paint

hope u understand. if u dont, a body styling shop would no wat to do.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C250 Coupe, 1998 SL 600 sport
Spactacular dude,
I just LOVE it. Enjoy!
RickP
ps thanks for the update!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 CDI Elegance

Awesome man.

BTW, why did you repaint it? Would have looked great in black.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by cmann
Hi,
the headlights are the same. i didnt buy the C63 headlights, juz painted the stock headlights inside housing dark grey/black.
It sure looks like you have all the bases covered. Besides the fact that the body kit did not fit properly you came up with different ways to create what you had envisioned.
Brilliant work all around

" You never walk alone "
Liverpool
Old 08-15-2008, 04:01 PM

mercedes c200k w204
Originally Posted by The Mercster

Awesome man.

BTW, why did you repaint it? Would have looked great in black.
i love palladium silver(personal pref.). U shld c this color in real life. it looks different in the daytime n different at night. a few tones n shades depending on the lighting. amazing color especially wen u live in a tropical country. no offense but black hides details...

Last edited by cmann; 08-15-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Almost a Member!

C230 (W204)
Agree about the palladium Silver - it was my first choice for my ride but I couldn't get it... For Malaysia, Palladium was only available on one model (variant) and it wasn't the model I wanted.

It's a pity that we don't get 'options' here. We only get 4 'models' - the C200K (Luxury/Avant) and the C230 Avant (Std/Advanced (just with MM extra)); take it or leave it; no pano roofs, keyless go, etc.

Unfortunately, when you live in a marginalised market like Malaysia, you're basically 'forced' to take what they give you; and pay through the nose for it. I mean, for my C230, I paid like USD$92k...There's gotta be something wrong there...
Old 08-15-2008, 10:31 PM

W204, W220, S15 Silvia
Originally Posted by Great_Cookie
Agree about the palladium Silver - it was my first choice for my ride but I couldn't get it... For Malaysia, Palladium was only available on one model (variant) and it wasn't the model I wanted.

It's a pity that we don't get 'options' here. We only get 4 'models' - the C200K (Luxury/Avant) and the C230 Avant (Std/Advanced (just with MM extra)); take it or leave it; no pano roofs, keyless go, etc.

Unfortunately, when you live in a marginalised market like Malaysia, you're basically 'forced' to take what they give you; and pay through the nose for it. I mean, for my C230, I paid like USD$92k...There's gotta be something wrong there...
i couldnt agree more about malaysia MBs :/ its like an endless rant that i cannot ever stop it coming when i think of how much i paid compare to the ppl in the states and with no options whatsoever especially the ugly front bumper (imho), the only solution i can think of is doing what cmann does XD
however i did went for a black c230 avantgarde as i always wanted a black car but its been more than a month since i ordered and i still hasnt got the chasis code yet :/
sorry for hi jacking the thread
Old 08-15-2008, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport, MM, P1
wow im amazed!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:41 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by zankok
i couldnt agree more about malaysia MBs :/ its like an endless rant that i cannot ever stop it coming when i think of how much i paid compare to the ppl in the states and with no options whatsoever especially the ugly front bumper (imho), the only solution i can think of is doing what cmann does XD
however i did went for a black c230 avantgarde as i always wanted a black car but its been more than a month since i ordered and i still hasnt got the chasis code yet :/
sorry for hi jacking the thread
well, actually in US we're stuck with only two packages. not many individual options at all. other wise I would love to have the Comand as a stand along option. the only thing is we don't have crazy import taxes.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Almost a Member!

C230 (W204)
Much apologies to Cmann about this ...

Mate, seriously if you were to pay USD$92k for a C-Class, you'd EXPECT it to have everything. And a slight clarification about the COMAND option; it isn't stand alone, it's ONLY on the top-of-the-range C here (can't get it on anything else)...Not forgetting Malaysia's version is the C230; which I hazard to guess wouldn't even rate in the US market.

[/rant on]
Import taxes are one thing. Standard of living is another. Remember that dollar-for-dollar, Malaysians are actually paying RM314,000 (local currency) for their cars; and with average incomes at about RM3500-RM4000 a month (about USD $1,200/month). To put things into perspective, I can actually buy a terrace house for the same kind of price, or probably a couple of apartments.
[/rant off]

But seriously, for Cmann to even attempt such a 'feat' over here is damn ballsy (to say the least) and I'm glad to say the finished product looks good

Now i'm just waiting to see how the exhaust system turns out. Cmann, have you finished the exhaust yet? Actually, that's one of the things stopping me from doing the whole rear diffuser, quad-exhaust mod. I'm worried about losing out on the low-end (on accounts of the back-pressure, or lack there-of). Hazard to even guess what type of odds the C200k might have. Might have to go the Kleeman?

Originally Posted by FrankW
well, actually in US we're stuck with only two packages. not many individual options at all. other wise I would love to have the Comand as a stand along option. the only thing is we don't have crazy import taxes.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:26 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter

Mate, seriously if you were to pay USD$92k for a C-Class, you'd EXPECT it to have everything. And a slight clarification about the COMAND option; it isn't stand alone, it's ONLY on the top-of-the-range C here (can't get it on anything else)...Not forgetting Malaysia's version is the C230; which I hazard to guess wouldn't even rate in the US market.

[/rant on]
Import taxes are one thing. Standard of living is another. Remember that dollar-for-dollar, Malaysians are actually paying RM314,000 (local currency) for their cars; and with average incomes at about RM3500-RM4000 a month (about USD $1,200/month). To put things into perspective, I can actually buy a terrace house for the same kind of price, or probably a couple of apartments.
[/rant off]

But seriously, for Cmann to even attempt such a 'feat' over here is damn ballsy (to say the least) and I'm glad to say the finished product looks good

Now i'm just waiting to see how the exhaust system turns out. Cmann, have you finished the exhaust yet? Actually, that's one of the things stopping me from doing the whole rear diffuser, quad-exhaust mod. I'm worried about losing out on the low-end (on accounts of the back-pressure, or lack there-of). Hazard to even guess what type of odds the C200k might have. Might have to go the Kleeman?
offtopic, I was saying that I wish the packages for the cars are not controlled by the MB branch of each countries. I agree with you of course.

I wonder how much did Cmann spent on all the stuff.

loss of power on the low-end will definitely be an issue with quad exhaust designed for the 6.3litre v8 on the small engine. If you already have the dual exhaust tho you could just change the tips.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:37 AM

W204, W220, S15 Silvia
loss of power on the low-end will definitely be an issue with quad exhaust designed for the 6.3litre v8 on the small engine. If you already have the dual exhaust tho you could just change the tips.
The 2.5 v6 comes with dual exhaust so i think changing the tip wouldnt affect the performance at all
another reason for me to go at it now
Old 08-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Almost a Member!

C230 (W204)

Hey FrankW, apologies if my first statement came-off as aggressive; didn't mean for it at all. But seriously hearing you on the in-country team deciding on country specs and options. Sometimes it just plain stupid as to why certain markets have and others don't.

For instance, all our W204s come with the front driver/passenger memory seats, Parktronic and folding mirrors (although the C200Ks here initially didn't). But for things like the Puddle lights on the wing mirrors (that's I've been reading about), we don't get those. I mean, side markers I can understand is a country regulation (thankfully it's not required here); but for a PUDDLE light (convenience factor?)? I would have thought that the Wing mirrors would have been standard issue part.

Did you know that our W204s are actually assembled in Malaysia due to tax reasons (I shudder to think of the extra pricing if they weren't). Reminds to to check the VIN number for the manufacturing plant; I've been wanting to check what it said, but I suspect it'll only reflect the manufacturing plant, NOT the plant it was assembled in.

Again, think it's time I enjoyed my weekend. Will stop hijacking Cmann's thread now.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Almost a Member!

C230 (W204)
So long as you don't go the original C63 exhaust, i think you should be fine... The C63 pipe diameter would seriously make me think twice about fitting it on a C200K or a C230 without any other enhancement done.

I'm still evaulating my options at the moment with regards to mods. Jury's still out as to whether I go for just something simple like the OEM aerodynamic/AMG kit or for something like our friend Cmann (who I'm still in awe of ).

Hope your wait list isn't too long, Zankok... Last i spoke with MBM, the C230 waitlist was something like 6 months... I was lucky I managed to get mine in two. You might be lucky though, with the economy as it is some people might actually back-out of their bookings.

Originally Posted by zankok
The 2.5 v6 comes with dual exhaust so i think changing the tip wouldnt affect the performance at all
another reason for me to go at it now
Old 08-16-2008, 05:50 AM

mercedes c200k w204

[/rant on]
[/rant off]

u cant use a C63 exhaust system on a C200, will loose much low end torque. i did a y-split from the center box. 2 customed muffler/box and quad AMG exhaust tips(replicate from Taiwan)
wit the y-split u still loose low end torque but not much. so i compensate by using sprint booster. now my low end is better then stock.

see pics below...
Attached Thumbnails Final stage mods done..some pics-exhaust-stock-1.jpg   Final stage mods done..some pics-exhaust-stock-2.jpg   Final stage mods done..some pics-exhaust-mods-1.jpg   Final stage mods done..some pics-exhaust-mods-2.jpg   Final stage mods done..some pics-exhaust-mods-3.jpg  

Final stage mods done..some pics-exhaust-mods-4.jpg  
Old 08-16-2008, 06:11 AM

mercedes c200k w204
thank you

Hi guys!
I would like to thank you guys for appreciating my work of art...
Old 08-16-2008, 06:13 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by cmann
u cant use a C63 exhaust system on a C200, will loose much low end torque. i did a y-split from the center box. 2 customed muffler/box and quad AMG exhaust tips(replicate from Taiwan)
wit the y-split u still loose low end torque but not much. so i compensate by using sprint booster. now my low end is better then stock.

see pics below...
cmann,

can those tips be bolt on or welding them is the only choice? I took a look at the stock tips on the 350 and seems like the tips were put on and secured by couple screws. thanks in advance
Old 08-16-2008, 06:19 AM

mercedes c200k w204
cmann,

can those tips be bolt on or welding them is the only choice? I took a look at the stock tips on the 350 and seems like the tips were put on and secured by couple screws. thanks in advance
welding is the only choice and its secured

Last edited by cmann; 08-16-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:41 AM

W212 2011 E-350 4Matic
WOW Cmann
thanks for the fantastic insite! It must have been an exciting project!

I totally missed reading this topic the 1st time around!
although its a month old, It really caught my attention!

thanks for all the info you provided!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:07 AM

mercedes c200k w204
Originally Posted by syrAMG
WOW Cmann
thanks for the fantastic insite! It must have been an exciting project!

I totally missed reading this topic the 1st time around!
although its a month old, It really caught my attention!

thanks for all the info you provided!
Wasup!

Glad u appreciate my work, it was an exciting journey for me.
all your question wil b answer in your private msg.
Attached Thumbnails Final stage mods done..some pics-le-flare-left.jpg  

Last edited by cmann; 09-07-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:28 AM

W205 c43
Cmann,

Would you consider the Carlsson C20K performance kits ? it will increase the output from 135kw to 160kw.

I don't have much experience with the performance kits, but from what i gathering this C20K kits is pretty good result and will make the car around 7sec to 100km/hr.

I just want my c200K a bit faster and looks stock
Old 09-07-2008, 09:23 AM

mercedes c200k w204
Originally Posted by milsons200
Cmann,

Would you consider the Carlsson C20K performance kits ? it will increase the output from 135kw to 160kw.

I don't have much experience with the performance kits, but from what i gathering this C20K kits is pretty good result and will make the car around 7sec to 100km/hr.

I just want my c200K a bit faster and looks stock
no i would not...dont drive fast anymore.juz goin for styling.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Final stage mods done..some pics