MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Finally! Got My Diffuser & Quad Tips Done (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/257672-finally-got-my-diffuser-quad-tips-done.html)

benggolf 09-05-2008 04:13 AM

Lowering my car today and installing the C63 style grille from Madracer.
Will post pictures over the weekend. :)

By the way, anyone installed CF door pillars on a Palladium Silver yet?
Wondering if it will look good or tacky. Comments?

phranksmbz 09-05-2008 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by benggolf (Post 3027618)
Of course, that's why it's called quad tips. :naughty: :)

i ment with the diffuser. lol

FrankW 09-05-2008 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by benggolf (Post 3034261)
Lowering my car today and installing the C63 style grille from Madracer.
Will post pictures over the weekend. :)

By the way, anyone installed CF door pillars on a Palladium Silver yet?
Wondering if it will look good or tacky. Comments?

IMO tacky because you'll see the edge of it.

benggolf 09-05-2008 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by phranksmbz (Post 3034270)
i ment with the diffuser. lol

Oh yes, you need the C63 diffuser to make it look OEM. :)

benggolf 09-05-2008 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by FrankW (Post 3034271)
IMO tacky because you'll see the edge of it.

Thanks for your comments FrankW. Other than that, would you say the CF is out of character on a MBenz or with Palladium Silver color?

I couldn't tell from the photos, but I understand the CF part is quite thin and fits flush or under the rubber edgings.

FrankW 09-05-2008 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by benggolf (Post 3034278)
Thanks for your comments FrankW. Other than that, would you say the CF is out of character on a MBenz or with Palladium Silver color?

I couldn't tell from the photos, but I understand the CF part is quite thin and fits flush or under the rubber edgings.

neither. I'm just not much of a fan of sticking on stuff to the b-pillar because no matter how thin it is they claim it'll always look like stick-on. just like those CF interior stick-on kit. AMGSC has those on his C55 and it looks :smash: I think that's madracer's car in the ebay auction btw. probably can ask him for better input.

not out of character since my C32 came with the CF looking pillar.

EDIT: oh wait...here you go....LOL https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/250014-some-cf-parts-my-car.html

narky 09-05-2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by FrankW (Post 3034313)
neither. I'm just not much of a fan of sticking on stuff to the b-pillar because no matter how thin it is they claim it'll always look like stick-on.

This is true. Generally.

Originally Posted by benggolf (Post 3034278)

Also true. I've seen it in person (Azn-C300's car). Looks pretty good. With proper installation, they shouldn't be noticeable unless one takes a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally close look at the application.

I don't think it's out of character for MBZ, and it'd match the Palladium Silver color quite well. In the end, if you don't like it, it wasn't too expensive to begin with. It'll protect your b-pillars from scratches and such at the least.

$.02

madracer 09-05-2008 10:48 AM

I wasn't going to put CF pillar at beginning but after I put it on I like it.
After you get used to see it everyday you won't take it off:rolf:

Just give it a try if you don't like it just take it off:D

Azn_C300 09-05-2008 11:50 AM

It's better than all the damn finger print smudges I used to get on the black pillar....

And yes, it sits pretty flush. I was hesitant putting it on as well, but once it's on, you won't be taking it off. And if you ever do change your mind, it can still be removed. And as Frank mentioned, the C32 came with CF like pillar and matching trim, so it's not out of character for MB.

benggolf 09-05-2008 12:48 PM

Hey guys, thank you all for your valued comments on the CF door pillars. Much appreciated. :)