C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

First Post: New C350, need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63
Talking First Post: New C350, need help.

Hello my fellow C-class owners. This is my first post on this forum and I wanted to introduce myself as well as get some advise. I have recently purchased a 2008 C350 and I am loving it so far. My last car was a Infiniti G35 coupe, which had been the best car I had owned, in terms of performance and handeling. The C350 is a totally new class of car, which I know nothing about, and now I am trying to soak up as much information as I can. With my G35, I was a heavy modder; spension, rims, exhaust, ecu...and the list goes on.

I will always mod my car, at least for looks, which brings me to my question. Where can I find a good shop in So Cal to do some minor mods? What I am looking to do is lower the car, and from what I have read, I think I am going to go with a 19" rim setup with the H&R Super Sport spring. I had 20" wheels on my last ride, and I would like to put them on the C350, but having read many posts, I understand that I would have rubbing issues, which I definitely do not want. Am I going in the right direction with this?

In addition, I am looking for a good tint shop here in OC, and I would also like to tint the tail lights. For my last G35, I purchased overlays that were easy to install. Does anyone know someone that makes overlays for the C350?

And finally, body styling. I love the way the car looks, very hot and classy, but I want to stand out from the pack. Any clean looking lip kits out there?

Infiniti had a HUGE forum community with thousands of G and 350Z owners here local in So Cal and OC. I was heavily involved with that community in terms of meets, weekend cruses and over various events. I am hoping that the Mercedes community is just as strong here too. Having never owned a German car, I am exploring the new life of being a C350 owner.

Thank you all for your help and answers. I look forward to meeting the locals here in So Cal and OC at next events.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C250 Coupe, 1998 SL 600 sport
Welcome,
Well, I'm suprised that you haven't researched this car more before buying it, but I think you'll be plesantly suprised to find it's an awsome ride. the '07 was quite a different car - the step to an '08 is quite a difference. First rental you get for a service call will likely be an older model so you can compare.
RickP
Old 08-26-2008, 11:48 AM

2010 E63
Originally Posted by RickP330
Welcome,
Well, I'm suprised that you haven't researched this car more before buying it, but I think you'll be plesantly suprised to find it's an awsome ride. the '07 was quite a different car - the step to an '08 is quite a difference. First rental you get for a service call will likely be an older model so you can compare.
RickP
RickP-

Usually I research the heck out of a car that I am looking to buy. For the C350, it was quite a different experience. I originally had my heart set on the 2009 Infinity G37, which I know everything one could know about the car. Being that the car is a 2009, I knew coming out of the box that the deal would not be as good as a 2008 during year end. I wanted to make sure I was making an educated buying decision with the Infiniti, so I went to test drive the new 2009 Audi A4, 2008 BMW 335, and then the C350. I enjoyed the Audi, beautiful car, aggressive styling, but yet, the dealership would not even budge on the MSRP price. As for the BMW, the 335 was a beautiful car, top notch power from the TT and great handling, but I was not really a fan of the interior as well as the horrible iWheel user interface.

Then came the C350. The power was a bit less then what I was used to, but the torque could be felt all through the power band with smooth shifting 7 speed tranny. The car that I test drove had every option and was fully loaded. I am personally a tech geek, and the C350 had more gadgets then you could shake a stick at. The Nav was one of the best I have seen, rivaled that of the new Infiniti NAV. The overall options that the C350 included was everything I was looking for and then some. I was always a huge fan of the new C class, having taken a ride in a friends C300. I love the exterior body styling and the interior was very inviting and classy. Because I am a Finance guy (it’s my job); it really came to the bottom line for me. A friend of the family that works at my local dealership here in Newport Beach, and he basically hooked me up with a deal, which I could not say no for the amount of "car".

The C350 may not have the power of the new G37, but it makes up in styling, quality, and overall amenities. As soon as I make some cosmetic Mods to her, it will be sick!

Sorry for the long read, but I wanted lay it all down for my new C-Series family!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
HMS and Promax are my recommendations for shops in that area. PM sent with more details.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 PM

2010 E63
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
HMS and Promax are my recommendations for shops in that area. PM sent with more details.

Thank you for your help!!