MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   axle back exhaust (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/258950-axle-back-exhaust.html)

white_glass_top 09-02-2008 11:41 AM

axle back exhaust

anyone found custom axle back exhaust for our cars, other than the one i found here.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...4246_5329.html

racetested 09-02-2008 12:10 PM

Remus has an exhaust and Eisenmann is coming out with one also.

The German tuners like Vath, Brabus, MKB, etc. also have exhausts I believe but I have not heard any of them and they aren't cheap.

tanktube67 09-02-2008 12:28 PM

^+1

REMUS 09-02-2008 09:24 PM

That's right!
We just got a few more in stock.

Flame3g 09-03-2008 04:13 AM

that exhaust looks good nice find:y:y

white_glass_top 09-03-2008 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by REMUS (Post 3029017)
That's right!
We just got a few more in stock.

yeah but we still waiting on some type of sound clip

racetested 09-03-2008 07:39 AM

There is a sound clip of the S350 and honestly it doesn't sound any different than my C350 with the resonator delete for a fraction of the price.

I haven't seen any exhausts reduce the weight considerably or add any power to justify the cost. Seems a waste to me to pull a new or fairly new exhaust off and spend $1000-2000 for a "slightly" different tone or "obnoxious" IMO for some others.

I'm all about modding if it pays back something in relationship to the cost but the exhaust department for these cars seems to be a waste of time and money unless you like a very loud sound the OEM exhaust doesn't have.

CarGuru 09-03-2008 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by racetested (Post 3029688)
There is a sound clip of the S350 and honestly it doesn't sound any different than my C350 with the resonator delete for a fraction of the price.

I haven't seen any exhausts reduce the weight considerably or add any power to justify the cost. Seems a waste to me to pull a new or fairly new exhaust off and spend $1000-2000 for a "slightly" different tone or "obnoxious" IMO for some others.

I'm all about modding if it pays back something in relationship to the cost but the exhaust department for these cars seems to be a waste of time and money unless you like a very loud sound the OEM exhaust doesn't have.

Power gains are added when you relieve the system of back pressure. I don't think the best Exhaust manufacture in the world could free any usable power from the W204. Thanks to it's true dual design the system flows extremely well stock. Having a dual exhaust layout allows them to make a more free flowing setup and keep noise down. This is why cars like the BMW 7 series older Audi A6 etc... had dual exhaust but hidden under the bumper, it's not for looks it allows for more flow and a dual system is quieter than a single. If you want your W204 loud and obnoxious convert it into a 2-1 then ended it with a canister muffler:y:smash:

-Ryan

REMUS 09-03-2008 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by CarGuru (Post 3030059)
Power gains are added when you relieve the system of back pressure. I don't think the best Exhaust manufacture in the world could free any usable power from the W204. Thanks to it's true dual design the system flows extremely well stock. Having a dual exhaust layout allows them to make a more free flowing setup and keep noise down. This is why cars like the BMW 7 series older Audi A6 etc... had dual exhaust but hidden under the bumper, it's not for looks it allows for more flow and a dual system is quieter than a single. If you want your W204 loud and obnoxious convert it into a 2-1 then ended it with a canister muffler:y:smash:

-Ryan

REMUS did not dyno test their system on the C350, however they did measure backpressure reduction, 43% over OEM, which is considerable.

Our sound clips on the system are only uploaded to give visitors an overview of OEM vs REMUS difference. It is the difference in sound that must be the center of attention, not the actual sound of the REMUS or OEM piece, as this will lead to errors depending on your sound setup on your computer.

I've done resonator removal on quite a few cars when I was younger, and while I thought it sounded good at the time, I still can't understand why and how I could handle the drone, these days my head would blow. Resonators are usually RIGHT under the cabin, removing them will cause unwanted frequencies to hit the cabin and resonate.

And no, sound clips cannot catch resonance and drone quite effectively.

Derspeed 09-03-2008 05:03 PM

Yawn.

Anyway, OP looks like good quality. I am still working to get Corsa to design one. They may start this fall.

narky 09-05-2008 01:48 AM

I agree with racetested.

FrankW 09-05-2008 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by REMUS (Post 3030080)
REMUS did not dyno test their system on the C350, however they did measure backpressure reduction, 43% over OEM, which is considerable.

Our sound clips on the system are only uploaded to give visitors an overview of OEM vs REMUS difference. It is the difference in sound that must be the center of attention, not the actual sound of the REMUS or OEM piece, as this will lead to errors depending on your sound setup on your computer.

I've done resonator removal on quite a few cars when I was younger, and while I thought it sounded good at the time, I still can't understand why and how I could handle the drone, these days my head would blow. Resonators are usually RIGHT under the cabin, removing them will cause unwanted frequencies to hit the cabin and resonate.

And no, sound clips cannot catch resonance and drone quite effectively.

love it when sponsors butt in.

there is NO DRONE from removing the resonator on the w204 and most droning noise comes from the muffler, not from removing the resonator. :smash:

perfect example: my friend's W203 C240 he has the Brabus muffler form resonator back. the Brabus has a lot more drone then stock. resonator wasn't touched. You should know WHO makes the Brabus muffler.

white_glass_top 09-05-2008 04:20 AM

strange this DRONE, in which he speaks of??????

I cant hear my exhaust unless I have the windows down, but i also listen to that stuff they call HIPPIDY HOP, so that might have something to do with it, but serious even with my stereo low I dont get any sound from the exhaust into the cabin witht he windows up, I know that I did the mod, and I listen for it, but at the end of the day, windows down pressing hard on the pedal, and the rush comes. I love the sound, lol.

But still looking to change out the stock mufflers for something a lil more performance induced.

FrankW 09-05-2008 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by white_glass_top (Post 3034267)
strange this DRONE, in which he speaks of??????

I cant hear my exhaust unless I have the windows down, but i also listen to that stuff they call HIPPIDY HOP, so that might have something to do with it, but serious even with my stereo low I dont get any sound from the exhaust into the cabin witht he windows up, I know that I did the mod, and I listen for it, but at the end of the day, windows down pressing hard on the pedal, and the rush comes. I love the sound, lol.

But still looking to change out the stock mufflers for something a lil more performance induced.

carlsson and brabus have the exhaust available already, but pricey. with the dual muffler setup the cost will always be higher than the single which puts me off at getting any aftermarket muffler. I'll probably ended up just change the tips if I ever get myself to do the c63 diffuser.

StickyZ 09-05-2008 10:30 AM

just saw this...cat back but still...you can at least get a feel for sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny-_SwMmYU8

FrankW 09-05-2008 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by StickyZ (Post 3034555)

sounds like magnaflow or borla mufflers.

got_thang? 09-05-2008 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by FrankW (Post 3035636)
sounds like magnaflow or borla mufflers.

I believe they used magnaflows on that car

FrankW 09-06-2008 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by got_thang? (Post 3036081)
I believe they used magnaflows on that car

I think the stock muffler without resonator sounds better, but that's just me.

white_glass_top 09-06-2008 04:46 AM

FULL EXHAUST IN THE WORKS

Hello Vadim,

I just came across your website, and was curious if you have plans for producing mods for the C300/C350 models also? I am interested in a custom axle back exhaust, I have already modified the resonators with a X-pipe, but looking for a deeper growl. And also interested in some headers.

Broderick, thank you for your interest.

We are going to produce a full tuning line for W204 models. It is on our R&D schedule towards the end of this year. It will include full exhaust system.

Please keep an eye on our website.

Thank you for your service to our country and stay safe.

Vadim.

www.vrptuning.com

Derspeed 09-08-2008 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by StickyZ (Post 3034555)

I think it sounds the best so far. All of the others (AMG on V6 included) sound too high-pitched and raspy.

Flame3g 09-08-2008 07:51 PM

yeah im going to get with vrp next year for some things:naughty: