Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

axle back exhaust

 
Old 09-02-2008, 11:41 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
white_glass_top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 SPORT (white)
axle back exhaust

anyone found custom axle back exhaust for our cars, other than the one i found here.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...4246_5329.html
white_glass_top is offline  
Old 09-02-2008, 12:10 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 418
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 MB
Remus has an exhaust and Eisenmann is coming out with one also.

The German tuners like Vath, Brabus, MKB, etc. also have exhausts I believe but I have not heard any of them and they aren't cheap.
racetested is offline  
Old 09-02-2008, 12:28 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
tanktube67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SFV CA
Posts: 4,434
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
^+1
tanktube67 is offline  
Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
  #4  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 453
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
na
That's right!
We just got a few more in stock.
REMUS is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 04:13 AM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Flame3g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fairfield, Ca
Posts: 1,411
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
that exhaust looks good nice find
Flame3g is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 06:52 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
white_glass_top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 SPORT (white)
Originally Posted by REMUS View Post
That's right!
We just got a few more in stock.
yeah but we still waiting on some type of sound clip
white_glass_top is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 07:39 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 418
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 MB
There is a sound clip of the S350 and honestly it doesn't sound any different than my C350 with the resonator delete for a fraction of the price.

I haven't seen any exhausts reduce the weight considerably or add any power to justify the cost. Seems a waste to me to pull a new or fairly new exhaust off and spend $1000-2000 for a "slightly" different tone or "obnoxious" IMO for some others.

I'm all about modding if it pays back something in relationship to the cost but the exhaust department for these cars seems to be a waste of time and money unless you like a very loud sound the OEM exhaust doesn't have.
racetested is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:22 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
Originally Posted by racetested View Post
There is a sound clip of the S350 and honestly it doesn't sound any different than my C350 with the resonator delete for a fraction of the price.

I haven't seen any exhausts reduce the weight considerably or add any power to justify the cost. Seems a waste to me to pull a new or fairly new exhaust off and spend $1000-2000 for a "slightly" different tone or "obnoxious" IMO for some others.

I'm all about modding if it pays back something in relationship to the cost but the exhaust department for these cars seems to be a waste of time and money unless you like a very loud sound the OEM exhaust doesn't have.
Power gains are added when you relieve the system of back pressure. I don't think the best Exhaust manufacture in the world could free any usable power from the W204. Thanks to it's true dual design the system flows extremely well stock. Having a dual exhaust layout allows them to make a more free flowing setup and keep noise down. This is why cars like the BMW 7 series older Audi A6 etc... had dual exhaust but hidden under the bumper, it's not for looks it allows for more flow and a dual system is quieter than a single. If you want your W204 loud and obnoxious convert it into a 2-1 then ended it with a canister muffler

-Ryan
CarGuru is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:33 AM
  #9  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 453
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
na
Originally Posted by CarGuru View Post
Power gains are added when you relieve the system of back pressure. I don't think the best Exhaust manufacture in the world could free any usable power from the W204. Thanks to it's true dual design the system flows extremely well stock. Having a dual exhaust layout allows them to make a more free flowing setup and keep noise down. This is why cars like the BMW 7 series older Audi A6 etc... had dual exhaust but hidden under the bumper, it's not for looks it allows for more flow and a dual system is quieter than a single. If you want your W204 loud and obnoxious convert it into a 2-1 then ended it with a canister muffler

-Ryan
REMUS did not dyno test their system on the C350, however they did measure backpressure reduction, 43% over OEM, which is considerable.

Our sound clips on the system are only uploaded to give visitors an overview of OEM vs REMUS difference. It is the difference in sound that must be the center of attention, not the actual sound of the REMUS or OEM piece, as this will lead to errors depending on your sound setup on your computer.

I've done resonator removal on quite a few cars when I was younger, and while I thought it sounded good at the time, I still can't understand why and how I could handle the drone, these days my head would blow. Resonators are usually RIGHT under the cabin, removing them will cause unwanted frequencies to hit the cabin and resonate.

And no, sound clips cannot catch resonance and drone quite effectively.
REMUS is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 05:03 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Derspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,423
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Yawn.

Anyway, OP looks like good quality. I am still working to get Corsa to design one. They may start this fall.
Derspeed is offline  
Old 09-05-2008, 01:48 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
narky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. California
Posts: 1,007
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
I agree with racetested.
narky is offline  
Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 AM
  #12  
MBworld Guru
 
FrankW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 22,007
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white and whiter
Originally Posted by REMUS View Post
REMUS did not dyno test their system on the C350, however they did measure backpressure reduction, 43% over OEM, which is considerable.

Our sound clips on the system are only uploaded to give visitors an overview of OEM vs REMUS difference. It is the difference in sound that must be the center of attention, not the actual sound of the REMUS or OEM piece, as this will lead to errors depending on your sound setup on your computer.

I've done resonator removal on quite a few cars when I was younger, and while I thought it sounded good at the time, I still can't understand why and how I could handle the drone, these days my head would blow. Resonators are usually RIGHT under the cabin, removing them will cause unwanted frequencies to hit the cabin and resonate.

And no, sound clips cannot catch resonance and drone quite effectively.
love it when sponsors butt in.

there is NO DRONE from removing the resonator on the w204 and most droning noise comes from the muffler, not from removing the resonator.

perfect example: my friend's W203 C240 he has the Brabus muffler form resonator back. the Brabus has a lot more drone then stock. resonator wasn't touched. You should know WHO makes the Brabus muffler.
FrankW is offline  
Old 09-05-2008, 04:20 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
white_glass_top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 SPORT (white)
strange this DRONE, in which he speaks of??????


I cant hear my exhaust unless I have the windows down, but i also listen to that stuff they call HIPPIDY HOP, so that might have something to do with it, but serious even with my stereo low I dont get any sound from the exhaust into the cabin witht he windows up, I know that I did the mod, and I listen for it, but at the end of the day, windows down pressing hard on the pedal, and the rush comes. I love the sound, lol.

But still looking to change out the stock mufflers for something a lil more performance induced.
white_glass_top is offline  
Old 09-05-2008, 04:29 AM
  #14  
MBworld Guru
 
FrankW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 22,007
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white and whiter
Originally Posted by white_glass_top View Post
strange this DRONE, in which he speaks of??????


I cant hear my exhaust unless I have the windows down, but i also listen to that stuff they call HIPPIDY HOP, so that might have something to do with it, but serious even with my stereo low I dont get any sound from the exhaust into the cabin witht he windows up, I know that I did the mod, and I listen for it, but at the end of the day, windows down pressing hard on the pedal, and the rush comes. I love the sound, lol.

But still looking to change out the stock mufflers for something a lil more performance induced.
carlsson and brabus have the exhaust available already, but pricey. with the dual muffler setup the cost will always be higher than the single which puts me off at getting any aftermarket muffler. I'll probably ended up just change the tips if I ever get myself to do the c63 diffuser.
FrankW is offline  
Old 09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
  #15  
Member
 
StickyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204
just saw this...cat back but still...you can at least get a feel for sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny-_SwMmYU8
StickyZ is offline  
Old 09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
  #16  
MBworld Guru
 
FrankW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 22,007
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white and whiter
Originally Posted by StickyZ View Post
just saw this...cat back but still...you can at least get a feel for sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny-_SwMmYU8
sounds like magnaflow or borla mufflers.
FrankW is offline  
Old 09-05-2008, 09:22 PM
  #17  
Super Member
 
got_thang?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 804
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350
Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
sounds like magnaflow or borla mufflers.
I believe they used magnaflows on that car
got_thang? is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:59 AM
  #18  
MBworld Guru
 
FrankW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 22,007
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white and whiter
Originally Posted by got_thang? View Post
I believe they used magnaflows on that car
I think the stock muffler without resonator sounds better, but that's just me.
FrankW is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:46 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
white_glass_top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 SPORT (white)
FULL EXHAUST IN THE WORKS

Hello Vadim,

I just came across your website, and was curious if you have plans for producing mods for the C300/C350 models also? I am interested in a custom axle back exhaust, I have already modified the resonators with a X-pipe, but looking for a deeper growl. And also interested in some headers.

Reply


Broderick, thank you for your interest.

We are going to produce a full tuning line for W204 models. It is on our R&D schedule towards the end of this year. It will include full exhaust system.

Please keep an eye on our website.

Thank you for your service to our country and stay safe.

Vadim.

www.vrptuning.com
white_glass_top is offline  
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 PM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Derspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,423
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by StickyZ View Post
just saw this...cat back but still...you can at least get a feel for sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny-_SwMmYU8
I think it sounds the best so far. All of the others (AMG on V6 included) sound too high-pitched and raspy.
Derspeed is offline  
Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 PM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Flame3g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fairfield, Ca
Posts: 1,411
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
yeah im going to get with vrp next year for some things
Flame3g is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: axle back exhaust


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: