C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Change orange side markers on a white C350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Artic White C63
Originally Posted by BENZ LIFER
Just received from Derspeeds guy (fishcake on ebay )
Glad I waited . Quality is Great , color is very good .
My wifes C300 is black and the smoked worked well.
After reading all directions on the forum it took
about 15 minutess a side including cleaning sealing and waxing underneath the marker while out. Luckily no screws on ours.
Received shipment very fast with chrome and amber bulb sets
Make sure you hook two lower clips before sliding unit back into hole.Makes it a lot easier . Once unit is back in hole just snap upper clip. Also recommend using tape on edge of bodywork to prevent scratches.
Thx for all the help guys ! The right tools and the correct directions make it simple.
I just got mine from E-bay, Did you installed them yourself? If so, can you guide me through or show me if there is any DIY.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2008, 09:53 PM

09 c300 4matic
Smoking Deal!!!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...43#post3123843
Old 10-22-2008, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by AxelLopez
I just got mine from E-bay, Did you installed them yourself? If so, can you guide me through or show me if there is any DIY.
Thanks

Click the link in post #30.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:28 PM

2009 Artic White C63
Originally Posted by Derspeed
Click the link in post #30.
Thanks Derspeed for the link. My car looks awesome!!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:06 AM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
GLA45 AMG, GLC43 AMG
Just installed mine today..(clear, have the white C350)..and it looks really good, took all of 15 minutes to do

remove the 3 clips, pull back the wheel well, unclip the original marker, remove the bulb housing, then twist it back into the new marker, fit it all back in to the same place and, put back the wheel well, push in the three clips and stand back and admire....

Only problem is I used the yellow bulbs,,,and I don't like it,,,I will pull these out and put in the factory clear blubs, since they are not part of the turn signal and only a side marker light, no need for the yellow bulb or the orange marker,,,clear it is and white bulb....I will post a pic or two when it stops raining here....

tomorrow is tint day.....I can hardly wait....

Old 03-29-2012, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
4 year BUMP!

I am wanting to this on my car. I have a couple of questions. What kind of a bulb is it under the amber reflectors? Is it a regular yellow one? I have a white C350 and I too want the clear lens. But if it's a yellow bulb under it, wouldn't it defeat the purpose? Can I get an LED in there without any error codes being thrown, or perhaps a regular white light bulb if LED would cause problems?

The most important thing. How hard/easy is it to install the whole thing? I was hoping you just pop out the one's in and pop in the new one's but I suspect it's not going to be that easy. Is there a detailed DIU anywhere that I can look at in order to do it?

And the last but not the least, which ebay vendor would you recommend. One that is quick and fairly priced. Will appreciate any links and such.

Thanks a ton guys.