C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Flat Tire - COMAND and Tele-Aid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport
Flat Tire - COMAND and Tele-Aid

We had our first flat today (with the flashing blood-red "Check tire pressure" message) and the MM screen was down. While I was on the phone with the Tele-Aid representative, I flipped the screen up and instead of seeing a regular option, I saw a different screen with none of the regular options like Navi / Audio / Video etc. Instead it was a screenshot of the Tele-Aid buttons and I was not able to escape out using the dial knob.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this type of a screen on the MM display.

P.S: I am not going to do anything about the flat tire since we are heading to Vegas tonight and I think we will handle this when we come back (also a car parked in our garage with a flat tire might be a deterrent!!).
Attached Thumbnails Flat Tire - COMAND and Tele-Aid-img_0063.jpg   Flat Tire - COMAND and Tele-Aid-img_0061.jpg  
Old 10-09-2008, 04:15 PM

2008 C300 Sport
I wish I could see this screen. I just bought my first MB (the C300) with P2, MM and Navi... and the dealer never mentioned TelAid to me. I didn't even know that was an option. Amazingly, my car did NOT come with this, even though I have all the other options you would think necessary to support it.

Suffice it to say I would like this option, but it's not dealer installed. For all of the other options here, why wouldn't the dealer try to upsell the $650 TelAid option? Even more nonsensical is why they didn't just include that in this car.

This is actually just one of the reasons I've been disappointed with this car. Dealer incompetence here ranks up there with my old Acura dealer. *sigh*
Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Tele-aid

Originally Posted by spectraphysics
I wish I could see this screen. I just bought my first MB (the C300) with P2, MM and Navi... and the dealer never mentioned TelAid to me. I didn't even know that was an option. Amazingly, my car did NOT come with this, even though I have all the other options you would think necessary to support it.

Suffice it to say I would like this option, but it's not dealer installed. For all of the other options here, why wouldn't the dealer try to upsell the $650 TelAid option? Even more nonsensical is why they didn't just include that in this car.

This is actually just one of the reasons I've been disappointed with this car. Dealer incompetence here ranks up there with my old Acura dealer. *sigh*
If you want TeleAid as free standard equipment, you will have to buy a GM car with OnStar which is essentially the same.

TeleAid was standard in the previous C-Class (I had one) and the annual fee was around $275 after the first year with zero talk time.

It is an overpriced option in the W204 and I didn't order it because of the limited value and the high cost. I have a cell phone and that's all I need.

And by the way, it works only in areas with cellphone coverage.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:04 AM

Merc C300 sport, arctic white, P1, MM/Navi, iPod kit, 20% Tint, C63 Grill, X-Pipe, HID DDM Kit
that screen shows up in a car accident as well, its basically saying if you are in trouble use the SOS button for tele-aid support.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:09 PM

C300 Sport
Unhappy

Got some bad news - apparently the dealer checked the tire and it seems it needs to be replaced. Since we had purchased the tire replacement warranty, that would be covered. But today he called us and told that the rim also has a dent and needs to be replaced. I wonder how much the 18'' AMG bad boys cost. In any case I shall post on the experience!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
I thought the wheel was covered under the road hazard insurance.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
speaking of accidents and weird screens.

does anybody know if the W204 is equipped with the automatic flashing hazzard lights like on the S class? like if you break really really hard, they should come on?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C250 Coupe, 1998 SL 600 sport
Originally Posted by joshg1001

does anybody know if the W204 is equipped with the automatic flashing hazzard lights like on the S class? like if you break really really hard, they should come on?
I believe this is in the manual. Yes the hazards will come on I think it has to do with the speed you are doing and how fast you stop. I haven't see it happen yet.
RickP
Old 10-16-2008, 09:33 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Lights

Originally Posted by joshg1001

You are confusing the flashing brake light (which is not available on US models) with the after-crash actions. If the crash sensor decides you have had an accident, the proper airbag (s) deploy, the seat belt tensioners activate, the headrests snap forward, the sunroof and windows open slightly and the four-way flashers turn on. And, if you have TeleAid and cell service exists in your location, the TeleAid center is called.

Flashing brake lights (which MBUSA was unable to certify for the US market due to objections from NHTSA) operate if car speed is above 45mph and Brake Assist is operating. Below that speed, they revert to steady on.

I asked a friend who is an MB service manager if the flashing brake light option could be activated (like the rear-view camera) and he said it was not likely because a given model's firmware is country specific.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:40 PM

C300 Sport
Smile

Originally Posted by Ron Jr
I thought the wheel was covered under the road hazard insurance.
Well...good news!!! Our dealer finally managed to convince the insurance company to cover the rim too. Technically, it seems, that the rim would not be covered as long as the tire can hold air. But in our case, the rim was dented a little bit but according to the service department we would certainly feel some vibration if we drive with that rim. Anyways, long story short, our dealer was able to convince Mercedes Financial to put the pressure and get us covered.

All in all, we got a new 18'' AMG rim and new Conti tire by paying just for the mounting charge of $22.50.

Brumos Mercedes here in Jacksonville, Florida has been excellent, so far, in taking care of this first-time Mercedes owner!! WOOT!! WOOT!!