C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mod Questions - New 2009 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Sport 4Matic, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Mod Questions - New 2009 C300

I've been reading a lot of posts for the past two months and I finally got my 2009 C300. I love it, but there are a few small things I really wanted to do. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about cars or about how to do some of the procedures I've read about. The first of three things I really wanted to do was redo the lights (I have a P1 package), so I wanted to just buy those Luminics Titanium lights and the Polarg M4's. From reading posts, it looks like replacing the headlights and the eyelids are not difficult, but is replacing the fog lights hard?

Next, I wanted to paint the grill. However, after reading the DIY for painting the grill, I can totally see myself screwing it up. I know people take it to a paint shop but do they take the grill off for you? Or do you have to get it off yourself first? I really don't want to pay $200 to have it done, but I've never painted anything before so I might be safter that way.

Finally, I wanted to replace the side markers. I read the post on how to pop it off and replace, but when I was feeling underneath the wheel well I had no clue how to do this. Are there places that will actually do this for you if you buy the markers/lights? I live in Chicago, and I don't have a ton of money (considering I just bought the car). Any help would be appreciated, and sorry for all of you MBWorld vet's who encourage the search function (I swear I tried). Thanks
Old 10-25-2008, 11:49 AM

2009 C300 Sport 4Matic, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Also, if I am going to pay $200 to paint, am I better off buying one of those grills from ebay? It's just tehy look different because they have a chrome rim around the entire thing, which if I painted mine, it wouldn't ahve that. I can't tell what I like better...but that way, I'd have my old one.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by killacam7479
I've been reading a lot of posts for the past two months and I finally got my 2009 C300. I love it, but there are a few small things I really wanted to do. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about cars or about how to do some of the procedures I've read about. The first of three things I really wanted to do was redo the lights (I have a P1 package), so I wanted to just buy those Luminics Titanium lights and the Polarg M4's. From reading posts, it looks like replacing the headlights and the eyelids are not difficult, but is replacing the fog lights hard?

Next, I wanted to paint the grill. However, after reading the DIY for painting the grill, I can totally see myself screwing it up. I know people take it to a paint shop but do they take the grill off for you? Or do you have to get it off yourself first? I really don't want to pay $200 to have it done, but I've never painted anything before so I might be safter that way.

Finally, I wanted to replace the side markers. I read the post on how to pop it off and replace, but when I was feeling underneath the wheel well I had no clue how to do this. Are there places that will actually do this for you if you buy the markers/lights? I live in Chicago, and I don't have a ton of money (considering I just bought the car). Any help would be appreciated, and sorry for all of you MBWorld vet's who encourage the search function (I swear I tried). Thanks
Fogs aren't too hard to get to. Eyelids were tougher.

If you don't want to paint your grille yourself, just take it to a pro. Grille removal is pretty simple so you should have no problems doing so. Black vinyl wrap is also an option and much cheaper if paint pricing is an issue for you.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Originally Posted by killacam7479

bring your car to a body shop.. theyll paint the grille and side markers for you.. you def shouldnt paint it yourself.. theyll keep your car for the time being, it shouldnt be too expensive