C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Help! MM Radio (No Pwr. No Blown fuses) W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C220
Command no lights & closing problem

Hi, I had problems with my Command on MB W204 2008 for three years but just before I sold the car I took it to the local electrician and he found a problem. Stupid, fast, easy solution. So if your command symptoms are: No lights on the head unit, your receiving message to "Turn on the Ignition" every 30 min, No time on the screen and speedometer, Right buttons on the steering wheel are not working etc. lil fix can help you. So the problem is in your command connector... the problem is in the extended connector and ipod (or ipad) adaptor connected to there. Extra crap which was added to wiring causing problems. Try to remove extended connector (see image for details) and connect factory connector straight to the head unit. Pull out cables and search for original connector. Sorry for bad English ). Hope this will help.

Last edited by Jim Gordon; 04-01-2020 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Image update
The following users liked this post:
Matt2189 (04-15-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C class 2007 w204
Mr

Hy..can you please tell me how you remove the radio without no power?I have the same problem and I don't know how to do it!manny thanks!
Old 05-17-2021, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 mercedes benz c300 4matic
Radio, Bluetooth, speakers and infotainment screen are not working.

[QUOTE=VaderSS;3147970]I have done a quick search and nada! The command unit has no power (from what I can tell)

Radio worked yesterday but today no power.

Here’s the info;
  • I have VIM installed.
  • Radio/Command has no background lights on.
  • ESP, hazard, heated seats and rear shade all work & have background lighting.
  • I Checked fuses in front and trunk (no passenger fuse box) and found no blown fuses.
I guess there must be a short behind the unit (Pinched wire or connection).

* My question is:
1. Can anyone tell me how to open monitor hatch with no power? (Yes, I have pushed the buttons)
2. What fuse & where is it for the command unit, since I can't find any blown? ...I believe its 11 & 26? ...I have no literature confirm.

I know how to remove the command unit.

Thanks for any help and insight!

hey guys I had an issue with my 08 c300 where the radio, Bluetooth and sound system was not working including the command screen. I had read every forum telling me to check the fuses (11,26,28,84) in the engine and trunk. When all my fuses came out to be fine I was pretty confused as to what went wrong in the car. So I decided to go ahead and dismantle the radio system. I watched a yt video to remove the stereo system and all the wires looked fine. However, my eyes stumbled upon a fuse. A tiny little fuse 10amps mini blade fuse hidden in the back of the radio unit. I managed to wiggle it out and it turned out to be blown. Replaced it and everything started to work like before.

Main Point: if all fuses are intact and all wires seem to be fine check the hidden fuse located at the backside of the radio unit you remove.