C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

sneak peek: CF front lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Looks good, any more close-up of the lip wher it attach to the bumper? Please pm me information as well or just post up.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
I am confused about this lip appearing stateside AND being made in taiwan faster than euroteck can kick them here (what are they making theirs in africa?!)... looks like it will fit well and super compliments the grille! Good stuff frank!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:29 PM

w204-C300
can you tell me why u didnt wait for euroteck's lip? pm me the pricing please.. just want to compare..

Thanks
Old 12-04-2008, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
I was told it was a little more than eurotek's pricing, which I don't see why. Either way it looks damn sick Frank.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:48 AM

W204
please pm me with info im getting one today!!!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:53 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
ok...too much PMs...haha I guess I'll just answer it here. I actually showed the seller the thread and he said he wants to wait till the shipment is in. does not want to get bombarded with orders and have people wait on parts. He'll have 2 or 3 coming this wk and then more a wk or so later. when he has'em ready to go I'll reveal his shop name. he says the price will be set at $599 plus shipping for now.

btw, someone said why not wait for euroteck's? from day one I've been saying I would love to have the Carlsson front lip in CF and this is IT. And from my perspective and knowledge all CF lips are made in Taiwan. If they're made in US the price would've cost way more than the authentic Carlsson lip due to labor. If this didn't come I am already prepared to purchase the authentic Carlsson front lip.

Last edited by FrankW; 12-05-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:38 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
review of the two CF part I have. do remember both parts I have are pre-production/first production parts.

Dry Carbon Fiber grille.

-fitment's perfect (I would rate it 99 out of 100) using the stock mounting locations except it doesn't need the t-bar with the two screws.
-light weight for the weight fanatics
-full carbon
-2x2 weave
-I like the no clear coat raw look, but that's just me
-install takes less than 5min.

Wet Carbon Fiber/Fiber glass front lip

-fitment is good, but not perfect (the perfect would be authentic). I'd give it a 90 out of 100.
-install took about an hr drilling the holes and then align it and securely mounting it.
-fitment's the same as those that came before it. w203 (regular and C55 lips), w211 lips, etc. made in Taiwan.
-the weave is also 2x2.
-wet carbon reinforced by fiberglass.
-lowers the front bumper on the side about 5mm only, but on the front lip is extended out at least 1-1.5 inch.

overall I think the front lip is a nice complimentary piece to the grille. the grille is much more dominant and attracts attention.

Last edited by FrankW; 12-05-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
looks hot frank
Old 12-05-2008, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Azn_C300
That pic is a rip off the Euroteck lip on Ling's old C55. Nice of them to put a watermark on an image they pilfered.
I hate when losers do that. I had a buch of my pic stolen like that. I have finally alleviated the problem by marking most of my photos.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:26 PM

C350
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
That pic is a rip off the Euroteck lip on Ling's old C55. Nice of them to put a watermark on an image they pilfered.
I'm not affiliated with the seller in any way, I just posted the first link I found on Ebay.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Our name is being mentioned to much in this thread. Our lip is not a copy carlsson lip like this one is according to frank. Our lips are not made in taiwan or china, we make them here in our brand new facility in Florida. Our lip has nothing to do with this lip or whoever is making it. I just want that to be VERY clear.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by mig888
I am confused about this lip appearing stateside AND being made in taiwan faster than euroteck can kick them here (what are they making theirs in africa?!)... looks like it will fit well and super compliments the grille! Good stuff frank!
I am not sure how you find that confusing. But if all they did was copy a carlsson lip, that is VERY easy, we could have done that in half the time. We also do not have 1000 taiwanese workers getting 3 cents a day making our stuff and copying things illigally. We have only a few people working on them here in the USA + we designed ours from scratch out of foam and CAD work.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:53 PM

2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
Very nice!!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I am not sure how you find that confusing. But if all they did was copy a carlsson lip, that is VERY easy, we could have done that in half the time. We also do not have 1000 taiwanese workers getting 3 cents a day making our stuff and copying things illigally. We have only a few people working on them here in the USA + we designed ours from scratch out of foam and CAD work.
+100000000
Hell Yeah! Can't wait to get my High Quality American made front lip.
Neal- don't forget about me.
90% fit/quality=Not good enough.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:18 PM

15 E350 4Matic
Frank,

When you say not exact fit, can you show some pictures of the places? Maybe you can post some new pics since you have bolted it on now..
Old 12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Neal,

I find that very offensive. I hate to do this, but quiet frankly the comments above pissed me off.

3 cents a day making your stuff? this is Taiwan, not India. show some respect for the country where actually made your W203, W209, W211 lips. I can name the company you contacted for making the W203 lip right now if you want to blow this open. I was even asked to help them test fit using AndyC32's C32 BEFORE they even send your original shipment to you in FL.

Now you want to say that they are copying things illegally? serisouly is that necessary? If you are claiming that you are the innovator for the CLK/C55/E55 front lip then aren't you calling yourself copying things illegally too? It is obvious the design of the Cf lip on them are direct copies of the Carlsson RS lips for the AMGs.

like the CF mirror cover VCruiser has on his white W204. There is only one factory in Taiwan that makes that product right now and you suddenly decide to come out with one looking exactly the same. If you actually paid attention to vcruiser's thread he posted that he bought the mirror cover two weeks before you said you "just made one yesterday" who's copying who?

so you are saying the lips are made in USA locally in FL. good for you, but where's the progress pictures? If K1 can show their progress pictures why can't you?

seriously, people are not that dumb. You had my respect when you are bringing good products for the lack of aftermarket support Benz community, but you just lost my respect saying those idiotic things above.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:25 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
+100000000
Hell Yeah! Can't wait to get my High Quality American made front lip.
Neal- don't forget about me.
90% fit/quality=Not good enough.
just so you know I also rate "euroteck"s lips at 90/100. AndyC32, nlpamg, andysays, mikey, mugenx, kcheng, etc all has the w203 version. none of them fits 100%.

this w204 lip fits I would say better than the w203 version already. there's only a slight 1-2mm more gap just below the driverside foglight. however I believe it's adjustable if I spent a little more time aligning it before drilling the holes for the screws. total 8 screws on the bottom.

here are the pics.

and the sun went down

Last edited by FrankW; 12-05-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by FrankW
Neal,

I find that very offensive. I hate to do this, but quiet frankly the comments above pissed me off.

3 cents a day making your stuff? this is Taiwan, not India. show some respect for the country where actually made your W203, W209, W211 lips. I can name the company you contacted for making the W203 lip right now if you want to blow this open. I was even asked to help them test fit using AndyC32's C32 BEFORE they even send your original shipment to you in FL.

Now you want to say that they are copying things illegally? serisouly is that necessary? If you are claiming that you are the innovator for the CLK/C55/E55 front lip then aren't you calling yourself copying things illegally too? It is obvious the design of the Cf lip on them are direct copies of the Carlsson RS lips for the AMGs.

like the CF mirror cover VCruiser has on his white W204. There is only one factory in Taiwan that makes that product right now and you suddenly decide to come out with one looking exactly the same. If you actually paid attention to vcruiser's thread he posted that he bought the mirror cover two weeks before you said you "just made one yesterday" who's copying who?

so you are saying the lips are made in USA locally in FL. good for you, but where's the progress pictures? If K1 can show their progress pictures why can't you?

seriously, people are not that dumb. You had my respect when you are bringing good products for the lack of aftermarket support Benz community, but you just lost my respect saying those idiotic things above.
Frank, I have 0 to respond to your childish jealously reply. I will me a man and act mature and not say a word to this since it is all false. Happy moding you car, it looks great!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:20 AM

G35
We also do not have 1000 taiwanese workers getting 3 cents a day making our stuff and copying things illigally.
typical Asian stereotype

Anyways, Frank your car looks meaner...great work
Old 12-06-2008, 01:35 AM

C350
this w204 lip fits I would say better than the w203 version already. there's only a slight 1-2mm more gap just below the driverside foglight. however I believe it's adjustable if I spent a little more time aligning it before drilling the holes for the screws. total 8 screws on the bottom.

here are the pics.

and the sun went down
Fitment looks pretty good. I don't notice the small 1-mm gap you mention. Target in DB of the 60
Old 12-06-2008, 01:49 AM

08-C350 black/black
like it....looks awesome with the grill!!
Old 12-06-2008, 02:06 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Frank, I have 0 to respond to your childish jealously reply. I will me a man and act mature and not say a word to this since it is all false. Happy moding you car, it looks great!
resorting to name calling without proper backup of your claim pretty much sums up everything. feel free to prove me wrong. better yet, didn't you just make those mirror covers? how about sending them to vcruiser who bought his set on ebay (which you claim those are different from yours) and have him compare the difference? and if he doesn't return it to you I'll pay for it. OR how about changing yours so that it also covers up the triangle right above the mirror since that should be easy to do for you with your shop located local in FL. I would definitely buy them.

the only thing childish in this thread is you and your comments on Taiwanese people and their products all the while every CF part you sell are from Taiwan and made in Taiwan.

Last edited by FrankW; 12-06-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:09 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by 350now
Fitment looks pretty good. I don't notice the small 1-mm gap you mention. Target in DB of the 60
thanks ...yup, that's where it was.

Originally Posted by aprince2die4
like it....looks awesome with the grill!!
thanks ...
Old 12-06-2008, 02:18 AM
iku

slk32(gone), 08 c63.
looks sick man! taiwan ftw
(i'm from taiwain, and they don't make 3 cents an hour. lmao, just thought that was funny)
Old 12-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!

the only thing childish in this thread is you and your comments on Taiwanese people and their products all the while every CF part you sell are from Taiwan and made in Taiwan.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! keep going man, I am actually getting quite a good laugh at your comments, lol. You seem like you like to start issues here by putting words in my mouth about comments on Taiwanese people like I have something against them commenting on a reference how cheap **** cost to make there, like people don't already know that place has cheap labor? HELLLLLLLLLLLO!!!!!! time to wake up and face reality my good good friend Frankie!

LOL i am just thinking of a thread you one made years ago crying that someone copied your HRE wheels you had, when they were one of the most popular HREs, LOL talk about childish, haha. My friend friend always brings that up as a joke to me when he seems someone with his same set of wheels on his car!

Best of luck to you on your Taiwan parts! they do seem nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sneak peek: CF front lip