C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HELP: IPod interface/integration kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
HELP: IPod interface/integration kit

I have a 2008 C300 w/o navi/ipod-kit. I've search around the forum and couldn't find a thread for aftermarket ipod kit.

What aftermarket ipod interface are you using?

Please advise. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Are you talking about the Mercedes iPod kit ($600+ installed)? It can be added to your system. As far as integration it is one of the safest. You may also consider the new UMI (Universal Media Interface). It is kinda pricey ($1800+ installed) but it includes Nav and an assortment of cables for inputs.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:30 AM

C300
Thanks for your input. I have an aftermarket ipod interface on my other car and it works great. I was not able to find any aftermarket ipod interface for Benz C300... I guess I'll have to buy factory ipod interface...
Old 12-11-2008, 04:00 PM

W204
Originally Posted by BBenzC300
Thanks for your input. I have an aftermarket ipod interface on my other car and it works great. I was not able to find any aftermarket ipod interface for Benz C300... I guess I'll have to buy factory ipod interface...
Guys I bought a Harman Kardon DP1US kit for Ipod universal kit, I bought from TjMaxx for 19.99 $ only, I said what the heck, lets see what it can do and how to install it.
And man was I right. I installed the screen in the ashtray place and the rest ,( the main unit, the cables ) in the glove compartment , since there is a cigarette lighter electric outlet and an AUX in jack, and the joystick is installed in the mid console hidden compartment.
So all the installation is stealth and the sound is awsome, it works with 5th generation Ipod and charging too, it also works with Ipod Touch but no charging.
It worked good for me and for 20 bucks, common....
Old 12-11-2008, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by medlines
Guys I bought a Harman Kardon DP1US kit for Ipod universal kit, I bought from TjMaxx for 19.99 $ only, I said what the heck, lets see what it can do and how to install it.
And man was I right. I installed the screen in the ashtray place and the rest ,( the main unit, the cables ) in the glove compartment , since there is a cigarette lighter electric outlet and an AUX in jack, and the joystick is installed in the mid console hidden compartment.
So all the installation is stealth and the sound is awsome, it works with 5th generation Ipod and charging too, it also works with Ipod Touch but no charging.
Hey try to take some pics if you can, I'm curious to see how it looks.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:31 PM

08-C350 black/black
this will work.... http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=457256
Old 12-12-2008, 11:36 AM

C300
Originally Posted by aprince2die4
I do have a Belkin FM transmitter... I used it for about a week... Sound quality is horrible!

I'm currently using Aux cable and the sound quality is much better. However, the volume max has its limits (read it in the other forum).

Although I'm somewhat satisfied Ipos via Aux cable, I would like to have an ipod interface where i can control my ipod with my steering wheel controls.

MB factory ipod interface is over-priced in my opinion. An affordable aftermarket ipod interface would be great...
Old 12-12-2008, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by medlines
I had this on my last car and it works great just like the I-pod controls (I paid almost 200.00 for it). Don't buy the Drive&play 2 though as I read nothing but bad reviews on it.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 PM
GGM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by BBenzC300
I do have a Belkin FM transmitter... I used it for about a week... Sound quality is horrible!

I'm currently using Aux cable and the sound quality is much better. However, the volume max has its limits (read it in the other forum).

Although I'm somewhat satisfied Ipos via Aux cable, I would like to have an ipod interface where i can control my ipod with my steering wheel controls.

MB factory ipod interface is over-priced in my opinion. An affordable aftermarket ipod interface would be great...
Many of us with the iPod integration kit that was installed at the factory are not that enamored with it. Controlling the iPod through the steering wheel is counterintuitive. It has been discussed all over these boards. You may want to search and read before you shell out the money. The factory option is only $400 and my car just happened to come with it. I was glad until I actually started using it. Now I just plug the iPod in and let it play randomly. Controllinig it with the steering wheel takes too much concentration for safe driving.

Hope this helps.