C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C230 getting mods done, some advice please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C230 2.5L V6
C230 getting mods done, some advice please!

Hey there! I own a 2008 C230 (2.5L V6 - 6spd automatic), Middle East specs and am in the process of making some upgrades.

18" Black and silver AMG rims tomorrow night to start the entire process off, which will more than likely be followed by an ECU chip upgrade.

Would like to get a sports filter put in as well but avaiability of the products here is limited, which means i'll more than likely be making the purchase online. Any recommendations as to what type/make of air intakes give the most bang, not necessarily in relation to cost though.

Have been trying to research the feasibility of a turbo/supercharger as well but tuners in the region are limited to say the least. Have been reading up on the projects posters on this forum have started in relation to TC/SCs but haven't really been able to draw any conclusions yet. How successfull have your ventures been?

I should have invested in the AMG bodykit from the dealer when i first bought the car but I was in a bit of a hurry and the dealership estimated a couple weeks just to install the kit, couldn't afford to wait at the time but am regretting it now

When I was researching cars to buy I worked myself up when I found out I could afford the US version of the C63; only to find out that the retail price here is almost double what it is in the states ($105,000) - mark ups on mercs are common place here but I got a pretty good deal on the 230 relative to prices worldwide.

Would appreciate feedback from those of you who have already put in some work on your W204s and the results - especially concerning the TC/SC and air intakes, even exhausts. Thanks for your time!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
Welcome to mbworld, so far out of all the reseach i have done there isn't any one out there who has interest for these cars. Turbo would be nice but i only know of one place and its not out yet(start with an M). If i had enough money i would open a buisness and put the time and effort in to these models every one goes right to the C63 to make parts for. There are some shops that can do things for your car but as you know money talks. VRP-MHP-and others so just search the forum its somethings have been talked about already
Old 12-15-2008, 09:48 PM

2007 C230 SS
welcome!
post pics of those rims once you get them mounted!
Old 12-16-2008, 02:48 AM

W204 C230 2.5L V6
Thank you! My apologies rims were supposed to be installed yesterday but couldn't make it down to the shop in time; tonight/tomorrow hopefully - first thing i'll do is upload photos
Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 AM

W204 C230 2.5L V6
Ah finally got the 18"s installed: 225-40/18 front 235-40/18 rear, loving the wider profile.
Attached Thumbnails C230 getting mods done, some advice please!-car1.jpg   C230 getting mods done, some advice please!-car2.jpg   C230 getting mods done, some advice please!-car3.jpg  
Old 12-19-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Welcome here,

If you want to make your luxury look more sportive you can buy as an oem accessoires from MB, i have those on my Luxury.

Front Spoiler lips and rear aprom spoilers:
Rear (above the exhausts)

Front
Old 12-19-2008, 06:01 PM

W204 C230 2.5L V6
ah here the middle east spec C class comes in a different trim line I think; Classic / Elegance / Avantgarde which would probably equate to avantgarde being the sport version and classic/elegance being the luxury equivalent. I'll be calling the dealership soon ill ask what non-amg accessories are available ty for the suggestion.

The front lip pic you posted I like a lot, especially with the black mesh; i'm somewhat reluctant to get add a kit that lowers my ground clearance though as the roads here aren't very well maintained, lots of potholes and construction around and the occassional off road diversion come along frequently.

The rear I uploaded a picture of to show you what it's like; I quite like the backend with the dual exhaust and the oem diffuser and bumper so it will probably be one of the last things I mod. At the moment one of the few kits that has caught my eye is the WALD
http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jul08/2...n_Edition.html
sans the rear wing but it runs about $11000 so will have to wait for a bit I think; plus having the car look sporty is great, but I would like to have the performance from the engine reflect that as well 2.5L V6 definately needs more juice before it warrants a full sport makeover!
Attached Thumbnails C230 getting mods done, some advice please!-img_0323.jpg  
Old 12-20-2008, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Here in Europe we also have the Classic, elegance and avantgarde. they are all the luxury equivalent. But you can order the AMG Package here, on the Elegance and Avantgarde as an option and for about € 3000,00 more.

The black mesh is standard here, my car is an avantgarde, so i havent changed that. The part number for the Front Spoilers is: A2048800208

And will only fit on the Luxury (non AMG package) models.

The wald kit is nice, but much to expensive.

Last edited by Petje; 12-20-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by C2thirty
Ah finally got the 18"s installed: 225-40/18 front 235-40/18 rear, loving the wider profile.
I'm assuming you're going to lower that car?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:07 AM

W204 C230 2.5L V6
Originally Posted by Petje
Here in Europe we also have the Classic, elegance and avantgarde. they are all the luxury equivalent. But you can order the AMG Package here, on the Elegance and Avantgarde as an option and for about € 3000,00 more.
So the sports line is basically the stock trim line with the amg bodykit + interior? gotcha

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I'm assuming you're going to lower that car?
Was definately thinking about it however 2 things are currently forcing me to rethink it: tuning accessories are in limited supply here (including tuning garages) and second, currently the rear wheels protrude about a centimeter outside of the fender flares, front wheels are just about a perfect fit. I reckon I could get away with lowering it 10mm but in combination with the generally poor road conditions (sand is a terrible surface to pave roads on) pot holes, construction sites and offroad detours - i'm not so convinced that it's a good idea any more.