C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Pre-wire and BT SAP v2 - again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB C220 Sport W204, 18" AMGs, Grey lthr, xenons, p'ktronic, HKardon, Comand nav.
Exclamation Pre-wire and BT SAP v2 - again

This issue has been covered many times so apologies for another repeat. I've searched every thread I can to no avail...!

My new 2009 UK spec W204 Sport has Comand APS, phone pre-wire and the M-B BT SAP module v2. I'm having no luck with pairing the 2 phones I have (Nokia 6300 & 6230i). There is some connectivity via the standard BT connection but this is lost each time the ignition is switched off.

The Comand menu shows "convenience phone" and my 2 phones but I have to manually connect each time. Presumably the "convenience phone" is the SAP module. When I try to set this up, I do not appear to have the same text on screen as in the Comand module. My phone sim (Vodafone) does not have the option to set "remote SIM active" - could it be that the SIM needs to be updated. Both phones have latest software updates available.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by NewtwoMB; 12-23-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Text change
Old 12-23-2008, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by NewtwoMB
This issue has been covered many times so apologies for another repeat. I've searched every thread I can to no avail...!

My new 2009 UK spec W204 Sport has Comand APS, phone pre-wire and the M-B BT SAP module v2. I'm having no luck with pairing the 2 phones I have (Nokia 6300 & 6230i). There is some connectivity via the standard BT connection but this is lost each time the ignition is switched off.

The Comand menu shows "convenience phone" and my 2 phones but I have to manually connect each time. Presumably the "convenience phone" is the SAP module. When I try to set this up, I do not appear to have the same text on screen as in the Comand module. My phone sim (Vodafone) does not have the option to set "remote SIM active" - could it be that the SIM needs to be updated. Both phones have latest software updates available.

Thanks for your help.
Which V2 SAP adapter do you have (MB part number please)? Not all work on a W204.

The remote SIM is a phone feature, not dependent on the actual SIM card, the actual SIM card does not know that it is being used remotely over BT.

Both of these phones are Series 40 Nokia phones, you cannot select between remote SIM or BT HF like on S60 phones (as far as I know). But the only BT device I know where you might want to select one or the other is the Nokia 616 car kit that supports both (and is using the one selected from the phone).

My BT SAP device appears with the BT name "MB Telephone" while my Comand appears with the name "UHI-some numbers". I guess you have read the BT SAP adapter manual, you would have to start with pressing the button followed by a few steps. Pairing for SAP asks a 16 digit code being entered.