C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

FURIOUS..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by CarGuru
are un repairable even with minor damage because they are both forged & clear coated.

-Ryan
Thats bullsh*t. Their best wheel guy hasn't a clue. I dropped mine on a lugbolt and left some nice thread marks gouged into the spoke. They stripped the wheel, repaired the damage, painted it, machined the face and then clear coated it. The paint was matched perfectly. It cost $250.00 at Motomotion in Medina, Ohio.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 AM

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
2022 GLE450
Originally Posted by Derspeed
Thats bullsh*t. Their best wheel guy hasn't a clue. I dropped mine on a lugbolt and left some nice thread marks gouged into the spoke. They stripped the wheel, repaired the damage, painted it, machined the face and then clear coated it. The paint was matched perfectly. It cost $250.00 at Motomotion in Medina, Ohio.
+1 they can fix these.... they just wanted him to buy a new one
Old 01-08-2009, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
528i, GLK
Originally Posted by ni2mi2
But the dealer intervened (and when we picked up the dealer mentioned that they took it up to MBUSA and they talked directly to the insurance company to persuade them to accept our claim since we were first time MB owners) and we got the tire as well as the rim replaced only for $40 - for labor.

I think you should talk to the dealer.
Good advice. Glad it worked out for you but your experience is a good warning to those who are looking to do tire insurance. Just the fact that the dealer had to do extra work and persuade whom ever to the insurance is a clear indicator that the insurance is simply a hassle to deal with.

And, what does first time MB owner got to do with anything? If the rims are damaged to a point where its undrivable conditions, then I would just claim my auto insurance.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM

C300 Sport
Originally Posted by webada
Good advice. Glad it worked out for you but your experience is a good warning to those who are looking to do tire insurance. Just the fact that the dealer had to do extra work and persuade whom ever to the insurance is a clear indicator that the insurance is simply a hassle to deal with.

And, what does first time MB owner got to do with anything? If the rims are damaged to a point where its undrivable conditions, then I would just claim my auto insurance.
Yeah. Reading the other posts, I think my experience was an aberration. I do agree that the fact that the dealer had to go the extra mile for something that you would think is the basic tenets of holding additional insurance makes me wonder about the tactics of insurance companies here in the states.

And the thing about first time MB buyers - thats what the dealer mentioned to us as MBUSA's argument for the claim (with the insurance company). Am not sure if it indeed happened that they stuck it out for a new MB customer but at least it made us feel a little special.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:06 PM

CLS63
Can someone please post the number to contact MB directly for a complaint? Thank you.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:20 PM

2008 C300 Sports, AMG 18 inch wheels, MM package, 6000K HID Kit, 20% 3M tinted all around
Here are the email addresses for Mercedes-Benz USA: ernst.lieb@mbusa.com norbert.litzkow@mbusa.com alan.mclaren@mbusa.com michael.slagter@mbusa.com ralph.fisher@mbusa.com william.phillips@mbusa.com tracey.matura@mbusa.com

If you ever have any issues with your dealer and they do not take care of you the right way, I highly recommend sending a message to those individuals and you will get a prompt response and it will show MB and the dealer that you are serious and not willing to compromise.

I hope this help, I have AMG wheels too!!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 PM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
This happened to a buddy of mine last year...he went straight to the town hall (well actually called 'em up) and the town took care of everything REAL quick...it was a freakin pothole that should have been fixed by whtever town u were in.

and that mb/insurance stuff sucks...tons of bs

4matic
Old 01-15-2009, 07:35 PM

CLS63
Thanks for the emails Alex. I'd post an update but you would all think I was out of my mind. Let's just let it suffice that I am NOT happy right now.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Saks_C350_Sport
Thanks for the emails Alex. I'd post an update but you would all think I was out of my mind. Let's just let it suffice that I am NOT happy right now.
So what happened?? Come on, enquiring minds want to know!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:05 PM

2008 C300 Sports, AMG 18 inch wheels, MM package, 6000K HID Kit, 20% 3M tinted all around
Saks_C350_Sport, you are very welcome, I know how you feel with these stupid dealers and their warranty.

Let us know the update!!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:47 PM

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
2022 GLE450
Originally Posted by Saks_C350_Sport
come on buddy... keep us in the loop!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:17 PM

CLS63
Okay.................

Last Thursday afternoon I went back to pick up my car after being called on Wednesday night saying it was all done. When I got there, I did the same thing as before. I went right to the front passenger side wheel to see if it was fixed. The tire was replaced and the wheel was PERFECT. I mean as good as the day I drove it home when I bought it. I could not believe how good a job the wheel refinisher did. The drivers side was not so right. The damage that was done on Tuesday was gone but there was now a score all the way around the outside edge of the rim. I was so frustrated I could have cried. I went inside and found my service writer. He was all smiles and apologizing for the mixup before and went on to say how great the wheels were now. I told him what I saw when I got there and he didn't know what to say. He told me that he PERSONALLY checked the wheels HIMSELF before the wheel guy left to make sure they were all set and that the service guys must have done it with the tire machine when they remounted and balanced the tires. He told me that the wheel guy's shop is where I live and he would have him come to my house and fix the wheel in my garage. Now keep in mind that the dealer is like 50 miles away in another state so of course I agreed. The service writer said the wheel guy would contact me. Yesterday, after ONE WEEK had passed and I hadn't heard anything, I called the service manager at the dealership and left a voicemail for him to call me. Ten minutes later the service writer called me asking if the wheel guy had ever called me to setup an appointment. The last time I called the service manager, the same thing happened. The service writer called and the manager never did. Obviously the service manager is a coward or a snake. Thanks for the callback. So I explained to the service writer that I never heard from the wheel guy and he said he would take care of it. Ten minutes after that, the wheel guy called. He told me that he was just asked by the dealer to call me and then went on to say that he can't do the work at my house. So looks like I get to miss ANOTHER days pay to go shuttle my car back and forth to this guy now. Needless to say I am not very happy with my dealer. Alex, should I email ALL those people or just pick one? Thanks for all your input guys/gals.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:28 AM

2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
Originally Posted by ctgilles
Always the same with insurances... As long as you're having to pay no problem, but once they have to pay.... Whoooaaa there!
An attorney I worked for years ago had the best saying about insurance. That saying was, "Insurance is designed to be purchased, not used."
Old 01-17-2009, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
man.... sorry for all your troubles on this one. doesnt make me want to go out an get the insurance on my next tire purchase. i feel your pain, sounds like a lot of needless running around and missed work, i would be equally as pissed.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry to hear about your current situation, but a piece of info some of you may find interesting.

America's Tire / Discount tire (depending on location), will warranty any tires (even if they did not sell them), and it is not pro-rated. I have brought brand new cars to them and they sold me a warranty on the new tires on the car, and they never ask any questions about replacement.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:27 PM

2009 VW CC
Originally Posted by alexyanglaw
Contact Ralph Fisher -- he used to be the GM @ Mercedes-Benz Manhattan -- great guy and he will do whatever he can to help you.