C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Got a Call From a P.O'd Sales Associate!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Originally Posted by SolanNo1
My question to you is - What is 'Truly Outstanding' in terms of making a sale? The SA is there to sell you a car/shoe/suit/whatever. If he is successful, he has done his job.

If you test drove 10 cars before buying the one that you liked, he still did his job. What makes this Outstanding? That he was patient with you while you, the buyer, made up your mind?

I think these surveys should have boolean 'True/False' and 'Satisfied/Not Satisfied' kind of answers. An answer on a 10-point scale is meaningless.

I completely agree
Old 04-15-2009, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Try posting your reviews on an independant dealership review website:
http://www.autotropolis.com/car-deal...tors-inc-8843/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/calstar-motors-glendale
http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/C...ors/index.html
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Ca...z-review-2631/

looks like there are quite a few disatisfied customers of CalStar Motors.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
15 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by SolanNo1
My question to you is - What is 'Truly Outstanding' in terms of making a sale? The SA is there to sell you a car/shoe/suit/whatever. If he is successful, he has done his job.

If you test drove 10 cars before buying the one that you liked, he still did his job. What makes this Outstanding? That he was patient with you while you, the buyer, made up your mind?

I think these surveys should have boolean 'True/False' and 'Satisfied/Not Satisfied' kind of answers. An answer on a 10-point scale is meaningless.
No way! In my opinion that would be worst for anyone if you say YES/NO. Then you are going to get "NO" even though that maybe a "4" out of "5". I agree with most that from 4 to 5 is not much of a difference but I just have to wonder if that was the case, why do most of us put "4". It is because something is out of whack and does not deserve a "5". If the SA is mad, instead of yelling, he/she should be asking how he/she can make it a "5" next time.

Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
Maybe I worded my opinion wrong. My whole point was how difficult is it to be "truly outstanding?" I understand that some situations and probably most will not be "truly outstanding", but maybe give the SA the benefit of the doubt. If your willing to give a 9 out of 10, what's the big deal of giving him a 10?

Im am in no way shape or form stating to give 100% just because, but if you're teetering between a 9 or a 10, what's big deal? Believe it or not, it does make a big deal on the SA's survey.

Also, if these situations you guys have encountered do not result in a "truly outstanding" experience, then what in your minds constitutes a "truly outstanding" experience?

As for the surveys being confidential, this is not true, at least to my knowledge. Also, if you're willing to answer a survey honestly, why would you want to hide your identity?

I have read a lot of dealership encounters over this board and can honestly say some of them are appaling, but they are not always the norm.
Hence the problem with Survey. It is subjective. What you think as providing a great service/experience may not be to me. If your income depends on it and you are upset, maybe you should find a new job.

As to the surveys, good grief! If you read this threat and you still think its a good idea to not make it confidential, what are you smoking cuz I want some The hassle you get by being HONEST
Old 04-15-2009, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by woedee
So I recently purchased a w204 from CalStar Mercedes in Glendale, CA and was a happy camper for the most part untill.....A few weeks after purchasing my w204, I get a call from the sales associate who handled my transaction. This guy was totally beyond upset because I didnt give him an "outstanding" rating across-the-board on the 'after sales' survey I received (in which I was 100% honest). This clown had the audacity to complain to me -a paying customer- about how I dared not to give him a beyond stellar survey! To make a long story short, I contacted his manager and MBUSA to provide them with feedback on this; needless to say, I WILL NEVER BE GOING BACK TO THAT STEALERSHIP!

/end rant.
I always give my guys an excellent rating no matter what. We have a good relationship and when I leave my SA reminds me "If you get a chance can you please fill out the survey?" and I always do. My relationship with him is at the point that if he ever did F up, I'd just tell him and him alone.

But if someone ever called me to complain, I would make the dealership regret ever telling him who filled it out. I'd make them regret hiring him. That's just not right.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic
wow...yea thats just beyond inappropriate. no sales person should ever give you crap over a survey...if i was the manager there id fire the guy.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si
well if he is worried about 1 bad mark, then the cry baby should SELL MORE FREAKIN CARS!

its a game of averages.