C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Need your help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Need your help...

What's up guys/gals? I never really introduced myself on here. My name is Jeff and I drive a 2006 G35 coupe. (I know, thats irrelevant)

My sister owns a 2008 C300 4matic so I signed up to the forums so I can lurk around and learn things about her car. I'm on a bunch of different forums. Well her birthday is coming up and being the car enthusiast that I am..I wanted to get her something for her car but don't know what. Would you guys be helpful enough to throw me some ideas at me. Don't really have a price range so just throw your ideas out. The only thing I don't want to get her is rims. So you don't have to go down that path. Thanks, your help is much appreciated.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Cheaper:
Clear/Smoked Sidemarkers
Shifter
Lighting Kit
Window Tint

Medium Cost:
Clear Bra
Rear Spoiler
Front Lip
Springs
Re-upholster

Expensive:
Brake Kit
Coilovers
Body Kit
Exhaust
ECU Tune

Personally, I think springing for a clear bra is a great idea. It's a sound investment for any car and will keep the car looking new, warding off those nasty rock chips. It's also a mod for everyone as it's an invisible protection. You can go cheap and get a precut kit, or shell out more (~$1k) for a full wrap so you don't have that line going across the hood and fender.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Thanks. Those are all very nice ideas. She got the clear bra from the dealer and they put on the precut kit, so you can see where the clear bra ends. It's a pretty new car so taking it off would be a waste. What front lip is that on your car? Is it CF. My sisters car is that darkish gray color so I think a CF lip would be nice. I would have gotten the rear spoiler but she could have gotten it straight from the factory if she wanted it so. Also where can i purchase the clear corners? The lighting inside these cars are great. They are bright as hell, so i wouldn't even change them.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Ebay has everything you need. There are three main types of front lips right now, Euroteck, Revosport, and JL Carlsson Rep. Plenty of pictures can be found using a quick search so just go with whatever one suits your style. Also, two types of clear corners. Once again, just whatever style you wish although for dark gray, I'd go smoked instead of clear.