C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HID HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport
HID HELP!!!!

Ok so i ordered a 6000k kit off ddm tuning with the 55w and what not.. got them finally and installed them.. they work when the car is not running but once its goes out after a min or 2.. read up on the forums and realized i needed the restor kit for it.. didnt wanna wait so i went to my local tuning shop and bought 2 resistor packs that they said should work and not throw the error code.. koo bought them put them in and same problem.. i talked to the guy there and he said he normally uses a relay kit.. ok ordered the relay kit then got fustrated with waiting around and just went to another tuning shop and bought theirs.. same exact thing minus some splicing for 1 of the wires but no biggie.. same problem only this time when the cars on it only flickers for a second or 2.. and even with the car off it only fickers right quick.. and thats with the resistor pack in or out... soooo now what?!?! should i just wait for their relay kit to come in.. or is that even really needed??? can i get away with just getting their warning code elimianator?? im so lost at this point and the waiting for shipping is killing me!!! lol

ps motoringmax on ebay has leds for the eylid that dosent throw a code.. looks great except i think one of them is faulty.. just my luck
Old 05-02-2009, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
There are several thread about HID lighting, go to search.
You had to splice some wires, just make sure you did not connect them backwards.
Good Luck