C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Who will be first? C63-style front bumper.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 4MATIC (w204)
The reason why many aftermarket fiberglass bumpers don't fit right is because they dont replace the molds. They reuse the molds as many times as they can to reduce their cost.

...now im not saying that the fitment is good on this bumper, but you have a better chance of getting a good fitment now.....rather then 6months from now when they've used the crap out of their mold.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:45 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
The reason why many aftermarket fiberglass bumpers don't fit right is because they dont replace the molds. They reuse the molds as many times as they can to reduce their cost.

...now im not saying that the fitment is good on this bumper, but you have a better chance of getting a good fitment now.....rather then 6months from now when they've used the crap out of their mold.
actually...many don't fit well is because they're replica off the original bumper such as brabus, lorinser, carlsson etc.

anyway...if i'm spending on new front bumper it'd be the C63 DTM safety car bumper. I think the regular C63 bumper is pretty ugly. at least IMO.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:55 AM

C300 4MATIC (w204)
Originally Posted by FrankW
actually...many don't fit well is because they're replica off the original bumper such as brabus, lorinser, carlsson etc.
are you saying that brabus, lorinser, carlsson dont fit well?

or

are you saying that they dont fit as well as them because they are replicas of the originals??

...either way, if you use part of the OEM bumper to create the mold, like this C63 replica, the bumper should fit fine. Only reason it wouldn't is if the mold is warped or they were lazy and did a crappy job creating the mold. Good fitment is all about the mold.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:16 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
are you saying that brabus, lorinser, carlsson dont fit well?

or

are you saying that they dont fit as well as them because they are replicas of the originals??

...either way, if you use part of the OEM bumper to create the mold, like this C63 replica, the bumper should fit fine. Only reason it wouldn't is if the mold is warped or they were lazy and did a crappy job creating the mold. Good fitment is all about the mold.
the second.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Here's a new one. Well its the same one, but comes with a custom CF front lip.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...3A1|240%3A1318
Old 06-07-2009, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
i have a suspicion that whoever does this is going to be kicking themselves in the *** for doing it....
Old 06-07-2009, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by NJBNZ
i wouldn't trust that bumper at all for a few reasons...

1. Quality of the bumper. With alot of aftermarket companies the quality isnt always the best. So the money you save by not buying an OEM part you will be spending at the body shop getting them to correct any impurities or impurfections in the bumper.

2. Fitment. Yes even though it may be molded from a stock bumper it's still an aftermarket part...so chances are it's not going to be a perfect fit. The thing that concerns me about the ad is why don't they have pics of it on an actual C-Class. If they used a stock C-class bumper for the design they must've had a C-Class around they could've used for the pictures. Sure it looks all nice and purty by itself on display but you can't see how it lines up with the fenders/headlights/hood until you see it on the car. For that much I wouldn't be willing to buy it without seeing it on an actual car first.

3. While the C63 bumper looks awesome...I don't think it's THAT much nicer than the stock sport package bumper to spend that much money on it
+1
Old 06-08-2009, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 and a Lightning.
I don't know, I've used aftermarket fiberglass pieces on my cars before. There is usually always some finishing work to be done and prep work before paint but for the most part they work out. If you are not willing to do that (or pay a paint body guy to do it) then stay away.
The other thing is that fiberglass IS very fragile and with how low the front bumper on our cars sit, you will have to be even more carefull about parking. What could be a scrape on the bottom of the original piece, could result in a totally broken fiberglass piece.
just my 2cents.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 2008
I change my front bumper six months ago, go to - C350 with C63 Front Bumper - thread, I used only OEM parts, fiberglass NEVER FIT well Only for Corvette cars.