C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Harman Kardon L7 Rear Bass Speaker Rattles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 Coupe, 2009 C300 4Matic, 2007 E350 4matic
I finally got the rattle problem fixed after making a total of 4 trips to the dealership! They couldn't figure out what was causing the problem and kept fixing the wrong thing including replacing the bass speaker 2 times, that was really frustrating! But they finally figured it out and got it fixed yesterday.
Here is the cause for my problem (exact quote from the service invoice) :
"Casting of the aluminium speaker base was not finished properly from factory. Speaker does not sit properly after being installed causing contact with shelf reinforcement. Modified the speaker base to fit flush. After modification was made, the speaker is now quiet"

Now that the rattle is completely gone and I can finally truely enjoyed the sound system. I'm so glad that it was fixed , the rattle was just simply too annoying before.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2009 e class 2012 ml350
If anyone still as this rattle.
remove the speacker grill from the hat shelf.
Put your fingers inside the hat shelf from the grill opening in front of the sub & try to pull out the peace of paper that as the part number for the hat shelf.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by Winter230
I finally got the rattle problem fixed after making a total of 4 trips to the dealership! They couldn't figure out what was causing the problem and kept fixing the wrong thing including replacing the bass speaker 2 times, that was really frustrating! But they finally figured it out and got it fixed yesterday.
Here is the cause for my problem (exact quote from the service invoice) :
"Casting of the aluminium speaker base was not finished properly from factory. Speaker does not sit properly after being installed causing contact with shelf reinforcement. Modified the speaker base to fit flush. After modification was made, the speaker is now quiet"

Now that the rattle is completely gone and I can finally truely enjoyed the sound system. I'm so glad that it was fixed , the rattle was just simply too annoying before.
I had an issue with my l7 bass for my hk system. Bass was set at 0 and it rattled. Took it to the dealership and had the sub replaced. Problem is fixed. Now if only I can get that rattle inthe rear shelf to stop whenever I go over bumps, I will be a very happy camper. Any advice guys?