C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2008 C300 Sport wheel help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300
2008 C300 Sport wheel help

My girlfriend has a 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport that she bought last june, since new she is getting a small vibration at around 80mph, which is not a balance issue, anyway we brought the car in over the weekend to get it looked at finally, she was due for her first oil change. The guy looked at it and said her two front wheels are slightly bent, I immediately tell him this should be covered under warranty, he says no, since you hit two pot holes and bent each wheel it is not. This got me mad, he didn't bother asking how long this has been going on or anything else, just jumped to a bogus conclusion that we hit not one but two potholes and bent only the front wheels. If this clown bothered to ask, I would've told him it was like this since we drove it off of the show room floor, I figured it was just the road causing this slight vibration, since the tires dont have much of a sidewall. Anyway Ill be calling the manager tomorrow and having a talk with him and Ill keep going from there.

Now my gf has wanted black wheels for her car, this is where i need help. I am not sure on what her wheel size is. I know that since she has a sport the rear wheels are wider then the front wheels. I know the overall size is 17" and I think the front wheels are 17x9 and the rear are 17x10. I do not know the lug nut pattern or the offset though...anybody know or can help?

thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Please search the forum. Wheel sizing (OEM and otherwise), offset, bolt pattern, etc all have been covered by numerous posts already.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
The service writer was correct....

Originally Posted by jhromy
My girlfriend has a 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport that she bought last june, since new she is getting a small vibration at around 80mph, which is not a balance issue, anyway we brought the car in over the weekend to get it looked at finally, she was due for her first oil change. The guy looked at it and said her two front wheels are slightly bent, I immediately tell him this should be covered under warranty, he says no, since you hit two pot holes and bent each wheel it is not. This got me mad, he didn't bother asking how long this has been going on or anything else, just jumped to a bogus conclusion that we hit not one but two potholes and bent only the front wheels. If this clown bothered to ask, I would've told him it was like this since we drove it off of the show room floor, I figured it was just the road causing this slight vibration, since the tires dont have much of a sidewall. Anyway Ill be calling the manager tomorrow and having a talk with him and Ill keep going from there.

Now my gf has wanted black wheels for her car, this is where i need help. I am not sure on what her wheel size is. I know that since she has a sport the rear wheels are wider then the front wheels. I know the overall size is 17" and I think the front wheels are 17x9 and the rear are 17x10. I do not know the lug nut pattern or the offset though...anybody know or can help?

thanks
...since most bent wheels are caused by impacts not covered under warranty.

You can't expect MB to take your word that it has been happening since new - you should have brought it to the dealer's attention then and not wait almost a year - it must not have been too bothersome.

You now have a few alternatives - you can get the wheels repaired (about $150 per wheel) or try to get them road force balanced. Road force balancing is a method whereby they rotate the tire on the wheel to try to get it to balance. This often works with very minor bends or slightly out of round tires.

You can find a local shop that does road force balancing here:

http://www.gsp9700.com/