C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tire pressure monitor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230
Originally Posted by racetested
An old post being brought back up actually helped me (I say this as some people get irritated from old topics be re-hashed).

Anyways with my winter tires on my "tire pressure light" kept coming on and I just dealt with it for the time being. I had no idea the factory wheel tire pressures were built into the system to set off the "warning". I assumed different tires could be used and then set the indicator to monitor those pressures(my winter wheels/tires being all the same size and same pressure opposed to staggered like the OEM set-up).

A full day later no light as I set my winter wheels to the factory pressures. Fingers crossed.

I assumed the monitors Tirerack installed in my winter set-up maybe weren't fully compatible but the problem now seems to be fixed.
I think you need a tool to monitor which of the tire is acting bad... sometimes the problen is temperature changes cause to drop the preasure that the sensor sense it...
Old 12-18-2009, 12:03 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
TP

Originally Posted by Kuwago
I have c230 Kompressor 2005 I dont have tpm is there any intall a tpm to this model?...need help..
My advice is to forget it. The W203 never had this system although I think I saw an aftermarket system sold by somebody.

So many people on this forum have reported (usually in panic mode) some sort of malfunction, real or otherwise, that you will be far better off buying a quality tire pressure gauge and check your own tires weekly. Similar to what we have been doing for decades but I still have to set the pressures initially with a quality gauge.

After two years, my own car's TPMS has been operating normally.

I think this Federal requirement for TPMS came to be because of the Ford Explorers on underinflated Firestone tire rollovers a few years back. These days, everybody is filling their own gas tanks and never checking their tire pressures and so the government decided that we would have these automatic systems, like it or not.

When I am in creeping along in traffic, I often notice that the rear tires on the vehicle ahead of me (usually some SUV) are underinflated and it's usually the left rear for some reason. Try this yourself and I think you will see the same thing.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
Originally Posted by Kuwago
I think you need a tool to monitor which of the tire is acting bad... sometimes the problen is temperature changes cause to drop the preasure that the sensor sense it...
No bad wheel or sensor to diagnose. 2 days strong and still no warning light so as mentioned these cars must have to be set to the factory specs even though my winter tires are all the same size so I set all 4 tires to 33psi. Bumping the rears up to the factory tire ratings of 38psi cured my problem.

As nyca said just going a few miles down the road would/will trip the monitor otherwise.