C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Modulare M14's - long story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Modulare M14's - long story

I posted this over on the C63 forum a week ago...I know many of you are active members here but dont venture over to the C63 board as much. I do see AZN over there a lot. Since I dont think this is off topic for the W204 board as many of you look for after market wheels, figured Id share some great customer service...

Short Story Long....3.5 months ago I called Peter Lee @ Wheel Experts, many of you may know him. I dealt with him like 5 years back wen I had my M3 but ended up getting wheels locally instead. Even then he was courteous and helpful as ever despite not getting a sale out of it. Because of that I remembered him and called him to place my order for 360 Forged Mesh 8's. Having read some horror stories I figured since I didnt have my C63 yet I had time in case the deal fell through, but knew that my deposit would be 100% safe if it was going through Peter. Well, most of you know how that turned out. I will say that although I bash 360Forged to the ground b/c of my experience, they did have (past tense) a good product, they were just idiots when it came to customer service, especially in these market conditions when buyers should be treated like royalty.

I had my mind dead set on the 360 Forged Mesh 8's based on the design. I really wanted that race mesh design with a lip, and less bolts. It took me about 3-4 weeks to come up with something else. Peter gave me as many options as he could come up with after I decided I couldnt go with 360. With each wheel I had issues, too many bolts, spokes too curved, just dont look right but I cant pinpoint why, etc. With each wheel I passed on I felt had I got them, Id be settling, even with HRE's because it wasnt my first choice (altho I love their wheels). I was very close on the D2 VS-1's but I just didnt like the bolts, way too many for my taste.

So one day Peter gives me a call, and he explains to me that he feels a bit bad I had to go through all this with the 360 debacle. Then he asks me, "If I can make you the exact wheels you want, would you be interested?" So Im sitting here thinking how is this possible, you mean I will be the first person to own these and I will have some input on design? Hell yeah...

On 4/20 my order for Modulare M14's goes in and I now have them sitting in my living room. I have a Gmail chain thats about 90 emails long going back and forth with Peter. I even have pictures of my centers post-cutting and pre-brushing. Never once did Peter not respond to my many neurotic requests, we even spent about a week going over etching something on the spokes for me, which we opted against.

Wheels Specs -

19x8.5f 19x9.5r....3 piece Modulare M14's - brushed center/chrome lip (Front lip 1.5"/Rear lip 2.5")

Satin Black Inner Barrels

Last edited by PatSC23; 07-08-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
Congratulations! They look great. I'm glad it finally worked out for you. Sounds like Peter is a great guy.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Once again. Sexy looking wheels. Modulares are no joke.