C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just bought 09 c200 in Japan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200
Just bought 09 c200 in Japan

Hey everybody I made the jump over to the dark side and bought a Benz. I just got rid of possibly the worst car ever made, the dodge nitro r/t which really made me want to go and protest the bailout since they are in this situation because they produce garbage.

Anyway I am an American that is married to a Japanese women and have lived here for 3 years and when chrysler japan said they would buy my car back i knew I wanted something a little nicer with less plastic so I decided to get a c class and man am I happy. My Japanese family all drive mercedes, we have an 07 E350 an 08 V350 and now my C200.

I actually was between a caddy cts and the c class but after a test drive I knew which one I wanted. The caddy had a more flashy interior but it didnt cover up the fact that it was cheaply made. Im not going to even get into it but the benz had a smaller engine and felt more peppy compared to the 2.8 caddy, the smaller engine also means cheaper taxes. Overall the Benz has that kind of "less is more" feeling buy not covering the car with buttons but giving every little bit of the car an attention to detail that you just dont find in american cars these days.

So I just got it delivered 3 days ago and I love it. Its white with black leather interior, I got the highest trim level they had and it is worth it. I look forward to being a part of what seems to be the biggest Benz forum on the net.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:15 AM

09 C300S 4M
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum
Old 07-30-2009, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Nice choice, can't wait to see it and see if it has any unique features.
I looked at a CTS, but it was larger and much heavier, didn't feel sporty at all. Also, even with the vastly improved interior, it just didn't have that quality feel you would find in a German or Japanese car.

Asians do have a spot for Benzes, my extended family in Hong Kong and Malaysia all drive Benzes.

I thought American cars are frowned upon in Japan, because of it's size, styling and quality?
Old 07-30-2009, 03:56 PM

Waiting for W204 Facelift
congrat.

Originally Posted by flatblackstrat
Hey everybody I made the jump over to the dark side and bought a Benz. I just got rid of possibly the worst car ever made, the dodge nitro r/t which really made me want to go and protest the bailout since they are in this situation because they produce garbage.

Anyway I am an American that is married to a Japanese women and have lived here for 3 years and when chrysler japan said they would buy my car back i knew I wanted something a little nicer with less plastic so I decided to get a c class and man am I happy. My Japanese family all drive mercedes, we have an 07 E350 an 08 V350 and now my C200.

I actually was between a caddy cts and the c class but after a test drive I knew which one I wanted. The caddy had a more flashy interior but it didnt cover up the fact that it was cheaply made. Im not going to even get into it but the benz had a smaller engine and felt more peppy compared to the 2.8 caddy, the smaller engine also means cheaper taxes. Overall the Benz has that kind of "less is more" feeling buy not covering the car with buttons but giving every little bit of the car an attention to detail that you just dont find in american cars these days.

So I just got it delivered 3 days ago and I love it. Its white with black leather interior, I got the highest trim level they had and it is worth it. I look forward to being a part of what seems to be the biggest Benz forum on the net.
has sport packet ? that we call it AMG pack here ...
Old 07-30-2009, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Pics please lol.

Andy
Old 07-31-2009, 02:41 PM

2009 C200K
Welcome to the C200K world.
I was driven a 2006 BMW 523 sold last Feb, now my C200K is realy much closer & still satisfy me !!