C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Question for NV/Vegas members regarding front plates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i, Ducati 996, Mercedes C63 AMG
Question for NV/Vegas members regarding front plates

Nevada law says if your vehicle does not offer a way to display a front license plate then you aren't required to use one.

My question is if your vehicle does allow you a way to mount a front license plate (you have a front bracket installed) are you then required to display your official license plate there or can you use it for a novelty plate (eg. European style plate) instead?

I have never had front plates on any of my cars here in the last 10 years without incident. Although none of those cars ever had brackets mounted in the front. I am concerned if I mount a Euro type bracket and plate on the front bumper Metro may ticket me and require the front bracket to be used for the actual license plate instead.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 08-08-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 4MATIC (w204)
The "official" law is that you must sport your plate if you have brackets...but I've never been hassled with my old car. I think Metro has better things to do with their time then pull you over for a front plate. And if they do, it will probably be a no-fine fix a ticket.

Are you in Vegas?
Old 08-08-2009, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i, Ducati 996, Mercedes C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
The "official" law is that you must sport your plate if you have brackets...but I've never been hassled with my old car. I think Metro has better things to do with their time then pull you over for a front plate. And if they do, it will probably be a no-fine fix a ticket.

Are you in Vegas?
Ya I'm in Vegas.

Just debating if I'm going to get the 4 holes in my front bumper repaired or use a plate to cover them. I would like to use a Euro spec plate but if I mount a bracket for one the cops might require me to put a NV plate on instead.

The Euro plate looks nice but I'm not sure if it might stand out too much and draw a passing squad car's attention more than just not having a front plate at all.

PS
Do you know if Fletcher Jones' bumper repair is decent? I know they contract someone to do it on Mondays and Fridays but I don't know how good they are.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
If they let you fill the holes and roll with no plates. If you feel the need to show a Euro plate use 3M tape to fix the mount as a temp thing.