C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Front bumper and how it attaches to the grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Front bumper and how it attaches to the grill

Hi all,

While parked in a lovely NYC street, I come back to find my front bumper at the point where it attaches to the Mercedes Star grill to be off. I guess someone reversed into me and popped it out. There is no visible damage thank God.

I can see about 6 bumper clips that are not inside the bottom of the grill. I tried putting them in really quick but I couldn't get it.
Does anybody know of the correct way to snap them back in? Should I take out the silver grill and put the clips at the bottom part of the grill first, then snap the grill back on?
Or is there another way? I think the bumper has to go over the bottom of the grill lining.
Note that this is not noticeable from far away, you have to go up to the front bumper to be able to see the clips that are not in the grill.

Hope I explained myself well, if not I'll post a pic later. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
I tapped the car in front on a junction yesterday and managed to do the same thing. Besides cracking the grill there was luckily no visible damage as well. I drove it home and just took the grill off completely and refitted it. It probably took longer than normal since I've never done it before.

From what you describe what you need to do is a bit more straightforward. The bumper clips have to go into the slots at the bottom of the gril and they will clip into place. From memory there are about 5 or 6 clips. Just line them up with the slots and pull the bottom of the grill towards the bumper and they should slot in. I hope that helps.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204
Just like Engima said, align the slots and pull the bottom of the grill towards yourself.

I had the same thing happen to me a week back
Old 08-19-2009, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 269 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Important that all tabs are properly lined up before you push the parts together.