C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Trouble with GPS - Post North America Map DVD v.5 update pe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C350W on EDP
Unhappy Trouble with GPS - Post North America Map DVD v.5 update pe

I just finished doing the North America Map DVD v.5 update. Update appeared nomimal and completed with "successful" message, nav restart, and disk ejection.

All music database and command functions are fine, ditto carryover of existing addresses, phone lists, and navigation destinations and navigation history.

Problem is that a bias or miscorrelation between the vehicle's instantaneously drived by GPS position and the mapping system seems to have crept into the mix. Artifacts include: 1)My Address is diplayed as about 750 feet distant from tru former location - vehicle now insists that I live several street numbers distant, in another township!!, 2) moving position always lags by about 30 feet - noticeable when map is zoomed in to .05 mile scale and turns at actual intersection appear to "cut the corner" of the displayed intersections - sometime curlicues appear on display as actual track slightly miscompares with database, and finally, 3) some local POIs are off by 700-800 feet with annoucement of "you have arrived..." way in advance of actual arrival.

I need some help from a GPS/MELCO guru. Is there an engineering menu function to force a recalibration/resynch of the realtime GPS engine and the database, or something similar?

Thanks for any assistance. (MY09, C350W)
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any update?

hello -

did you ever get this issue resolved? if so, was it an easy fix? please, let me know.

thanks,