C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HELP WANTED: Park Assist -> Quick Park

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 03:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Question HELP WANTED: Park Assist -> Quick Park

My car is at the dealership right now, and they're trying to figure out how to convert the European Park Assist sensors to the US Quick Park wiring. I've got my beautiful new bumper installed, but the park sensors now have 4 pin connectors where before they had 2 pin connectors. I'm pretty sure the 2-pin will be like a +5V and signal return but I'm not sure what the 4 pin layout might be? I can speculate all day long, but to make the system work, I need the wiring schematics for both sensors.

I've sent an email to Merc customer care, but has anyone else done this conversion? Has anyone else tried and failed?

My fail-safe is to remove the sensors from their old casing and implant them into the new casing using a steady hand, saw, file, and glue but I would like a more elegant solution.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:55 AM

\
OK, so I changed the wiring harness to the Park Assist to plug the sensors in, the new wiring harness plugged into the Quick Park computer no problem. Unfortunately, two different companies manufacture the two systems and the park assist sensors are still not working correctly with the Quick Park computer. Now I'm thinking just switching the Quick Park computer out for the Park Assist computer would be easiest. Anyone want to buy a complete 1 month old Quick Park system for $300?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I never knew the Quick park sensors were different, good to know but unfortunate for you to find out this.

Are you going to install the full set, with front sensors? I guess you have to install at least the rear display. Hopefully the Parktronic/Park Assist control unit can be programmed for rear sensors present only.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:09 PM

\
I'm going to just switch computers at first and see if that works, but the dealership also thinks that I'll need the LED display installed. They haven't said anything about needing the front sensors. I think I'll call it quits at that point.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:27 PM

\
OK so the dealership switched out the computers, but there's something about the US SPEC D-BUS not sending the right signal to the euro park assist computer so it never switches itself on when the car is put in reverse. I'm getting a full technical writeup from the installers at Mercedes about why it DIDN'T work after I spent so much freaking money trying to get it retrofitted onto the US model. I was really looking forward to this. Stupid US spec, why you gotta be so stupid, stupid!