MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Just picked up a new car, got a few questions... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/319498-just-picked-up-new-car-got-few-questions.html)

killacam7479 10-07-2009 01:50 PM

Headlights - I bought the Luminics Krypton Titanium bulbs. They are really white and look great, but to be honest, I can't see very well at night. I mean most of the areas I drive are well lit, but I was driving in Central Illinois last week, and they don't seem very safe to drive with. Just my thoughts.

RLE 10-07-2009 02:55 PM

Plug 'n

Originally Posted by QC55 (Post 3752561)
Here comes another twist to my problem: someone told me that the LED turn signal tail-light assembly IS a plug and play. HOWEVER, I need to take the car to the dealership and have it re-programmed. Anyone know about this?

Plug and play means exactly that. You DO NOT have to have anything reprogrammed when swapping tail light assemblies. If you switch the headlights to Bi-Xenon, you do have to have that feature enabled.

Bollywood 10-07-2009 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by killacam7479 (Post 3752653)
Headlights - I bought the Luminics Krypton Titanium bulbs. They are really white and look great, but to be honest, I can't see very well at night. I mean most of the areas I drive are well lit, but I was driving in Central Illinois last week, and they don't seem very safe to drive with. Just my thoughts.

I had Sylvania Silverstars in my old car, and they worked wonderfully, and even were bright at night than my stock halogen ones.

QC55 10-07-2009 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 3752755)
Plug and play means exactly that. You DO NOT have to have anything reprogrammed when swapping tail light assemblies. If you switch the headlights to Bi-Xenon, you do have to have that feature enabled.

Ah ha. Thank you so much for your help. Its just the parts are non-refundable. I need to make sure I won't get screwed. I will be in deep trouble if I bought them and they don't work!

I_Love_MB 12-08-2009 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by QC55 (Post 3752931)
Ah ha. Thank you so much for your help. Its just the parts are non-refundable. I need to make sure I won't get screwed. I will be in deep trouble if I bought them and they don't work!

Hey QC, did you already installed your Led tails?

Royce118 12-08-2009 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by patrickkc (Post 3748742)
So would you recommend Diamond Visions or Crystal Visions.. I've been on the edge for the past couple of months trying to figure out which one would actually match the stock xeon lights more and also the blue-ish eyelids..

If you want a perfect match then go for the CrystalVision 4300k. If you want to to be near HID looks go for the DiamondVision which is what i ended up with.

QC55 12-10-2009 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by I_Love_MB (Post 3842528)
Hey QC, did you already installed your Led tails?

No, not yet. Don't have time to install them. Will do so after the new year as I am away for a couple of weeks starting next week.

QC55 12-11-2009 01:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got a chance to take a picture of my car...