C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Send vCards via Bluetooth on iPhone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c320 2009
One tip for everyone seeing as I just spent an hour working this out!

On the Macbook Pro, when you sync to the Mercedes COMAND system it will try and set the car as an audio source. You need to click on the bluetooth icon (top right of your laptop screen), go down to MB Bluetooth, hover over the arrow and click on "don't use as audio source". You will then have the option on the COMAND system to "Receive Business Cards". You can then go into the Bluetooth menu again, select "MB Bluetooth" and then "send file". Choose your VCard folder and let the magic happen...

Note: You may have to tell it a few times not to treat the car as an audio device...I did.

Hope this helps anyone stuck...enjoy the amazing car.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:14 PM

GLK350
I wish I'd read your post sooner Honeywell, as I spent a lot of time faffing! Anway, got my small amount of names transferred. But they are all messed up of course Mercury Freddie, Plant Robert etc. Don;t think I can be bothered doing it again.

Just got a 2010 GLK350 and am loving it. My first Mercedes! Park Place Motors in Dallas was by far the most pleasant car buying experience ever!. What a joint - it's like a five star hotel inside.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 AM

mercedes c 200
Phone book

I downloaded a free application called "Files to Phone" which allowed me to create new V-Cards with just the name in the "first name" column and just the phone number in the first phone column. i created 15 that way then paired the laptop with the radio, started "allow V-card download" on the radio and hit send on the laptop app done in 15 to 20 seconds. No need to use Outlook just create new V-cards.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:18 PM

2011 C300
Can't send Vcards from Mac

Originally Posted by Honeywell
One tip for everyone seeing as I just spent an hour working this out!

On the Macbook Pro, when you sync to the Mercedes COMAND system it will try and set the car as an audio source. You need to click on the bluetooth icon (top right of your laptop screen), go down to MB Bluetooth, hover over the arrow and click on "don't use as audio source". You will then have the option on the COMAND system to "Receive Business Cards". You can then go into the Bluetooth menu again, select "MB Bluetooth" and then "send file". Choose your VCard folder and let the magic happen...

Note: You may have to tell it a few times not to treat the car as an audio device...I did.

Hope this helps anyone stuck...enjoy the amazing car.
I followed your instructions. No success. I pair the Macbook and the Command, I am able to see the device on the phone screen and I can select to receive entries on the Command. I select send file on the Mac and it opens a window to select a device with the MB bluetooth highlighted. I select it and it says trying to connect, then gives me an error.

Any ideas? I' m almost ready to buy a PCMCIA card.

I have a 2011 C300 with command nav, and new Macbook air.