C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Poor Service Quality at West Covina, CA Penske Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Thumbs down Poor Service Quality at West Covina, CA Penske Mercedes

Very cheap dealership with ultra thrifty principles - West Covina, CA Penske Mercedes Service Center

Felt as if they were cutting corners everywhere.

(extremely slow understaffed administrative staff -- they covered only the smallest class cheapest rental cars -- very bad estimates on when parts were coming in (kept telling me it would be in the next day, every single day for four days! -- literally 15-20 minute additional delay after you check out with your paperwork while you wait for the young high school kids to go fetch your car and bring it around the front so you can leave -- their techs have some issues, as i had to come back 3 times for the same issue and when they finally got the part installed right, part of the electrical harnesses under the seat were not even plugged in all the way so I had to come all the way back cus the seat wouldnt work anymore -- plus 75% of the people there speak english as their second language and i think there are communciation issues with logistics of service all the way down the line...

and the biggest thing that bugs me more than anything... they use a crappy machine for their washes that scratched the crap out of my brand new painted trunk lid that hadnt been washed yet so I knew it was from their wash! clear coat was swirl city just after one of their washes (lucky i have white) i was unaware that they dont do hand wash like fletcher jones, and even worse, my car was covered in soap scum everywhere and the windows were streaked and the pano room had dried soap spots all over it and the rims were filthy... car actually looked worse after their crappy so called soap stained wash...

saw somebody else with a dealer review, felt i would get this off my mind as well

i will not be back and will be trying rusnak in pasadena if i want to stay local...

I would go to fletcher jones newport beach all the time (nothing but top notch service every time) but they are farther away for simple warranty issues where I wanna stay closer to my pad...

bottom line: dont go here unless you have no other choice
Old 05-04-2010, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55 AMG
My G55 was left for repairs at Penske Mercedes in West Covina. The car was returned to us with scratches and dents ( and they also left rubbing compound ) that may have been caused by their car wash but we are in a fight with them over how they happened. Regardless, their handling of the situation has been abysmal and once again, the stigma car dealers enjoy as shysters has been well earned by the boys at Penske. I should have taken my baby to Fletcher Jones. Thank you for sharing, I am sorry you and I trusted Penske. Live and Learn...
Old 05-04-2010, 04:08 AM

I totally agree with you guys...I have purchased at least 5 vehicles from Penske since 2001. One ML, One E, One S, two C class. I always have to spend extra 30-45 min of waiting even if I had appointment. Also, I always have to go twice to get the problem fix. The representative always told me that they couldn't duplicate the same problems that I mentioned to them.....But problems keep happening >"<
I now switch to Fletcher Jones for service.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:21 AM

G55 AMG
I am picking my vehicle up in the morning, (my stomach turns just thinking about having to face them) and taking it to Fletcher Jones. Thanks and I will let you know what happens.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
i would not let the stealership wash my car i did it once and will not do it again. waiting time is long for just a warranty check up waited like 30-45min
Old 05-06-2010, 02:38 AM

2008 C300 Sports, AMG 18 inch wheels, MM package, 6000K HID Kit, 20% 3M tinted all around
I went west covina penske there a month ago, their service was not good, I will not go back again!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
well to be fair, I have not been to a single MB dealership that treated me well. no beverages, no loaners, and a boring waiting room.

It was a rainy day when I brought my car in, I see them put seat covers on the S classes and CLs out there, but not on my lowly C class.

at the Lexus dealership, I always get a loaner even for oil changes

and I too skip the car washes
Old 10-17-2010, 10:06 PM

'11 ML350
Originally Posted by rb23lb
Very cheap dealership with ultra thrifty principles - West Covina, CA Penske Mercedes Service Center

Felt as if they were cutting corners everywhere.

(extremely slow understaffed administrative staff -- they covered only the smallest class cheapest rental cars -- very bad estimates on when parts were coming in (kept telling me it would be in the next day, every single day for four days! -- literally 15-20 minute additional delay after you check out with your paperwork while you wait for the young high school kids to go fetch your car and bring it around the front so you can leave -- their techs have some issues, as i had to come back 3 times for the same issue and when they finally got the part installed right, part of the electrical harnesses under the seat were not even plugged in all the way so I had to come all the way back cus the seat wouldnt work anymore -- plus 75% of the people there speak english as their second language and i think there are communciation issues with logistics of service all the way down the line...

and the biggest thing that bugs me more than anything... they use a crappy machine for their washes that scratched the crap out of my brand new painted trunk lid that hadnt been washed yet so I knew it was from their wash! clear coat was swirl city just after one of their washes (lucky i have white) i was unaware that they dont do hand wash like fletcher jones, and even worse, my car was covered in soap scum everywhere and the windows were streaked and the pano room had dried soap spots all over it and the rims were filthy... car actually looked worse after their crappy so called soap stained wash...

saw somebody else with a dealer review, felt i would get this off my mind as well

i will not be back and will be trying rusnak in pasadena if i want to stay local...

I would go to fletcher jones newport beach all the time (nothing but top notch service every time) but they are farther away for simple warranty issues where I wanna stay closer to my pad...

bottom line: dont go here unless you have no other choice

Penske dealerships are cheap and rude everywhere. Not only for service but I feel for sales also. We have quite a few Penske dealers here in San diego, more specifically, MB of SD. I went there looking for my current C class and wasn't greeted, or when i asked questions, the sales man acted like it was a chore talking to them. They think that since they're working at a "Mercedes" dealership, they're better than everyone else. Truth is, they can't afford the cars they're selling and I'm 17 and can get one. They need to get theyre **** straight. I went to Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad where I was treated seriously and with respect. Should have went there in the first place as my parents have bought all the cars from Hoehn Dealerships. Now for service, I wont take my car to get serviced at a dealership that charges me for a loaner or dosen't give me the same brand that I own. Simple. Penske motors fails at that also.