C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Diesel Injector issue W204 Blueefficiency

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220 CDI
Lied to by Mercedes about injector issues

Hello,

Have been following these threads with interest and indeed, I did so before I ordered my new E Class at the start of March 2010.

I picked the car up two weeks later and have had no issues yet (3 months old and 3000 miles) however when I ordered my car, I made it absolutely crystal clear to the dealership, by phone and also SMS message (as the sales person did not have an email address!!!) that I did not want to order a vehicle that could fail on me with these injector issues.

The sales man confirmed to me that Mercedes would not allow them to sell me a vehicle that they knew could have a or could develop a fault and that all Mercedes sold after the 1st Jan have been rectified!!!

To add to this, my colleague had, just a week prior to my order, his E class fail on him, which took four weeks to rectify so I have to say, I felt I was pretty clued up on the issues prior to ordering my car.

Anyway, with the numerous re-assurances from the garage that my car would be OK, I took delivery.

Suprise surprise, four weeks ago I get a letter from MB Customer Services telling me that my car had a potential fault and needed to be rectified.

It took another four weeks for the dealer to contact me to arrange for the fault to be rectified, which I have refused.

Legal opinion has advised that....the dealer lied to me, obtained my money by deception, made false representations and ignored a condition precedent to contract and are effectvely in breach of contract.

I have written to Mr. Kelly, the UK CEO and will await his response.

Talk about being totally taken for a ride, just at the expense of sales targets!

Would be interested in hearing any thoughts on my predicament from other readers.

Thanks

Last edited by AcsAcs; 05-27-2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 05-28-2010, 02:19 PM

C250 CDI Sport till my S rolls in...
Thoughts on your predicament:-

1. prove it.
2. you are having a laugh.

Just let them swap out the injectors chances are that car doesnt need them but what the hell let them do it and grow up.

The car is great, mine is even better with the new injectors
Old 05-28-2010, 02:55 PM

C220 09
Mine as well. but seems my mpg is slightly lower than before well thats just a guess
If you like the car, just keep it cuz as soon as the injectors gets changed you gonna enjoy the ride.

The only option which i would consider is Audi A5 Sport back if you still want to return the car back.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:53 AM

E55 AMG
Smile Injector Problems AcsAcs

Good afternoon,

Mr/Mrs AcsAcs - I have just read your only response, which I don't think really helps you at all in terms of a sensible response to your predicament. Comments like 'grow up', 'Prove it' and 'you are having a laugh' probably won't help you in any way at all I suspect.

Interestingly, I have had a very similar case that I have represented somebody on - suffice to say that I cannot release the details of the settlement however what I can say is that it was very well received by the aggrieved party.

I will contact you seperately with my details - you will be very interested with the outcome I can assure you.

Regards
Old 06-06-2010, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Is the thread turning to money transfer for lawyers instead of exchange between car owners and MB? I don't like it, the more money to a third party, the more the average MB buyer needs to pay for his car.

At least in Europe MB has compensated the owners pretty well, I almost envy the E250CDI owners when I've bought an E350 CDI instead of the 250CDI.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:49 AM

Mercedes Benz E350 CDi Blue Efficiency
Hi ACSACS,

Whilst I agree with you, alot of the problems found on the E class are not injector related. It seems the 250 engines were fitted with the bad batch. 350's were unaffected.

We purchased 2 E350 CDi Sport BE's, like any new car with new technology, there are problems - the E class had a whole raft of problems when it first camne out - but most are sorted. One of our cars has total loss of power, that was not injector related - it was the fuel pump which was running so lean it actually packed up - all in the name of emissions!!

Don;t let it ruin the enjoyment of your car, take it to a dealer and ask them to make sure the software flash is up to date. This will rectify the fuel pump problem. We get problems in all scenario's in life, using the forums, we can focus on the solution, not the problems!

Hope this helps - and I hope you have many miles of trouble free motoring.!!

Gee
Old 06-07-2010, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by Geeman
Hi ACSACS,

Don;t let it ruin the enjoyment of your car, take it to a dealer and ask them to make sure the software flash is up to date. This will rectify the fuel pump problem. We get problems in all scenario's in life, using the forums, we can focus on the solution, not the problems!

Hope this helps - and I hope you have many miles of trouble free motoring.!!

Gee
Well said.